Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 12, 2011
I won't waste your time like other reviewers have done; complaining about how short this cd is. It's an EP. It's supposed to be short. The price reflects that. All is well with the world. The real reason I think anyone's complaining about it's length to begin with is because every song here is beautifully constructed and performed. Simply put, everyone is wanting MORE. Aaron Lewis has a voice made for this kind of country music. If we have to live in a world without Keith Whitley, Aaron Lewis is the next best thing for this genre. And I love Staind. So if you do too and have even the slightest appreciation for country music, then you will not regret buying this. Some rock artists are making very shallow attempts to break into this market. But there's nothing shallow about this.
on June 17, 2014
Aaron Lewis has been the frontman of Staind for several years, but he is also doing a run with country music. He has a raspy type voice that is quite recognizable. Town Line has a few versions of Country Boy on it, but each version is a little different. For example one has Charlie Daniels and George Jones. Aaron's music has depth to it, but he also gives you the " I am who I am and don't make changes for anything" attitude. The lyrics to all his song on this album are well written by a man that sums his life up as loving his wife, friends, freedom, guns & hunting...and just being an American.
on May 12, 2015
Didn't realize Arron Lewis had gone county until I saw him in concert last month, great old county sound and lyrics mixed in with some Staind, outstanding brother, respect for the troops! Not a new country music fan, but as Aaron put it, new country ain't S%!@!
VINE VOICEon March 3, 2011
I've been a huge advocate for Aaron Lewis for years now. Ever since I first heard `Mudshovel' I've been a gigantic fan of Staind and I've always toted Lewis as the greatest voice in modern rock music, and even when the band shed their heavy edge and rerouted their sound to a more acoustic and melodic vibe I still considered them superior to most rock bands out there. They really know how to stay true to themselves and they evolve with grace. Hearing Aaron Lewis attempt country music should come off as a huge surprise. His voice has the raspy wholesomeness needed to capture the spirit of country music whist maintaining enough rock edge to constitute southern rock as apposed to straight up country music.

Think Nickleback with a better vocalist.

The EP, `Town Line', isn't a home run for Aaron. It has its moments, but I'm anticipating something a little fuller from him, whenever he releases a full length album. I've been anticipating a solo effort from him for years, and ideally it would be Aaron, an acoustic guitar and some heartache; but I'll take a country album if that's what he wants to do.

The three versions of `Country Boy' are decent enough. The album version with aid from George Jones and Charlie Daniels is ok, but I am not a political person and the whole country political jargon at the end of the song is off putting (and I only accept `weed' talk from rappers...and if you are going to pick a word to rhyme with `truck', please don't use the word `buck'). The acoustic version and the Radio Edit are better (since they don't contain the spoken word political speech at the end), but I'm not totally fond of the song itself.

I much prefer `The Story Never Ends', the albums opener. The song allows Aaron to show the grace in his voice (I love the way he can show such vulnerability, the tone in his voice conveying swelling emotion, as if he were crying). He is so endearing when he sings. `Vicious Circles' is beautifully sung and beautifully constructed; simple yet reaching. `Massachusetts' made me cry when I first heard it; it is just so full of relatable emotions.

But the best song here is `Tangled Up In You', which was also on Staind's previous album. The introduction of female backing vocals adds a lot to the already outstanding song. I loved it then and love it now, but it just doesn't feel like a new song and so it's hard to judge it as part of this album.

I already have that song!

Alas, I like this EP and it certainly wet my appetite for his next offering. I like this direction he's taking, and I can't wait to see what he does with it next.
on July 18, 2013
Awesome album, awesome price. Aaron Lewis is such a gifted artist and I love rock and country. He brings an edge to country music that no one else does these days. All the country singers now a days are more pop than anything. His albums are more raw country mixed with a little rock influence.
on April 1, 2016
The album itself is AWESOME! I give it one star because once downloaded to my phone's SD card I can no longer play it (error says issues playing from SD card, but all my other music plays fine). Appears to be copyright issue, but I paid for the media.Now I can't even listen to any of these songs when they come up on Prime radio. No obvious way to contact anyone at Amazon for help.
and the mindset to put together this first try into country music. For the record I would not call myself a country music fan, but there is a huge softspot in my heart for Southern Rock. I learned of Aaron Lewis as a Staind fan and was so happy to hear him sing Country Boy in the Live from Mohegan Sun concert. I had to have the CD. The fact that several country music legends also appear, including Charlie Daniels and his fiddle, is just icing on the cake.

I couldn't agree more with the points he makes in that song.

Not to let one great song outshine the rest, the others are certainly good as well, but a country boy will survive.
on February 12, 2013
I heard the last 5 seconds of one song as i was scanning the radio on my way to work
I'm not a big country music fan but i recognized the voice and thought i would give it a try and
was i ever blown away Aaron Lewis brought everything i loved about stained and gave it steroids
in country music i highly recommend this album
on January 3, 2013
Being a long time Staind and Aaron Lewis fan, I bought this after hearing Country Boy. Without getting delving too far into song composition and meaning blah, blah, blah I will say Country Boy is the highlight of this album. The other songs really seem to be filler to me as they are just flat, in my opinion.
on January 23, 2012
Not just a crossover. Coming from a band like Staind is a whole other universe, as opposed to jammin' with Elvis, Carl and Jerry Lee (Johnny), playing bass for Buddy Holly (Waylon), or being able to play with anyone (Willie). How 'bout jammin' with Van Halen (Hank)? ... ah, we're getting a little closer ... Town Line stands on its own as a legit country release. Not only that, as a great collection of heartfelt music, regardless of how you think of it. Especially, though, rock'n'rollers who learned to love the country artists I named above will love this. I love this. Remember, it's only an EP, but it is well worth having.