Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Format: DVDChange

on April 13, 2000
I took my Niece to see it and expected it to begood but I was not prepared for what followed. What a terrific movie.Woody and Buz have worked through the problems that existed between them in the first Toy Story and have become the best of friends. I laughed throughout the movie. What humor, I loved the scene where Mrs. Potato Head is packing Mr. Potato Head for his trip to save Woody and she packs his angry eyes "just in case". The depth of the personalities, the humor and thoughtfulness of each of the characters makes me feel as though these are real people. I have put this movie on my list of "All Time Favorites" My Niece is 5 and I am 47 and we both loved it. I am eagerly waiting for it to be available for home viewing so I can own my own copy. Hats off to Disney and Pixar for a job well done.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2000
My wife and kids (11 and13) actually kind of dragged me to see this one in the theater. Boy was I happy that they did! Toy Story 2 is really a great movie that had us all laughing a lot. It also provides for some very emotional moments (Jessie's song remembering her time as a favorite toy, among others). Many of the jokes refer to the first Toy Story, so it really helps if you know that one. What I personally liked best, though, has become a great "habit" with Pixar: The end trailors where the "stars" get to be their "own self": Here especially "Tour Guide Barbie" was a blast!
Enjoy... I can't wait for it to come out on DVD to once again enjoy the great graphics AND sound effects that so impressed me in the theater last week!
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2000
This has GOT to be on the short list of movie sequels that are superior to the originals. First off I felt that an entirely digitally animated movie was incredible to begin with, and when I finally saw the original 'Toy Story' I was in awe of not just how technologically incredible it was, but how GOOD it was as well. Forget for a moment we are talking about ANIMATION...I think too many people believe that just because it wasn't live-action it simply wasn't worth an adults time. Thank heavens I have little children who want me to take them to these kinds of films so I won't feel embarassed as an adult walking into a so-called 'Children's movie'...but it just DOESN'T matter in the case of 'Toy Story' and this particularly amazing sequel. I have to hand it to the producers and writers for coming up with such a great story! First off you have to put yourself into the role of a toy, and think to yourself, "IF it WAS true that toys were alive, what kinds of problems might they encounter?" They certainly did come up with a plot that seems a perfect natural for this scenario. All of the voices do a superb job of giving life to these animated toys we see, so good in fact that I watched the entire film without once thinking to myself, "Hey, that's Tom Hanks and Tim Allen talking there!" You find very quickly that you are enveloped in this creative and might I add VERY FUNNY story which moves along at a great pace and well, even if you have seen it before, it is definitely worth another look...and if you have put off seeing this because its a 'kids film' get OVER it and see it. Good stuff no matter HOW old you are.
on June 15, 2005
Yep this movie is coming out of the vault on DEC. 26th 2005. So for whoever didn't get a chance to grab this on DVD before (like me) here is you chance!!! I am so excited!!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOY STORY 2 is one of those sequels that is just as good as the movie that spawned it. With even more brilliant Pixar animation and the return of all the main characters from the first, with some additional new ones, TOY STORY 2 is a delightful tale of toys and humans and the bond that exists in spite of the fact that one day the humans will grow up and abandon their toys. Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Kelsey Grammar and all the other great actors who voiced the characters bring life to these delightful toys and the animation once again is superlative. A wonderful film for the entire family to enjoy.
on November 9, 2000
I had fun with Toy Story - I really enjoyed the animation and the movie was fun... but when my children wanted to see number 2 I was not as excited. Did I laugh? There is something in this movie for everyone! Lots of humour that the children did not even catch on to, and I get a bit more each time I see it!
This movie is better than the first, and has even more for the whole family than the first!
on December 1, 2004
It is rare for a sequel to surpass the original movie artistically as well as commercially. One of those rare sequels is "Toy Story 2". I didn't think it was possible for Disney and Pixar to create a sequel as good as the first "Toy Story" but they did. "Toy Story 2" is that rare treasure.

In "Toy Story 2" Woody is stolen by Al, the toy collector who plans on selling his collection of Woody and the Round Up Gang to a Japanese toy collector. With Woody kidnapped, Buzz Lightyear, Ham, Slink, Mr. Potato Head, and Rex sets off to find their kidnapped companion. There are three new characters in the movie, Stinky Pete (voiced by Kelsey Grammar), Jessie (Joan Cusack), and Bullseye the horse. The writing and animation is superb. I really enjoyed the scenes with Woody, Jessie, Stinky Pete, and Bullseye. One of my personal scenes is when the toy collector calls in the old man to fix Woody's arm. The details in the animation is amazing and very realistic. I also loved the scenes when Jessie reminisces about her former owner Emily. It was very poignant without coming off as drippy. Sarah McLachlan's song added a melancholy feel to the scenes. Another great moment in the film was when Buzz and the gang were in the toy store looking for Al, the toy collector.

"Toy Story 2" is one of my favorite Disney/Pixar collaborations. This is a film that can be enjoyed by all ages. It is also one of the best films ever, animated or not. The writing in this film is simply too good to ignore. I still enjoy watching this movie to this very day and not get tired of it.
on May 23, 2000
This is the first in a new age of films. Really they shouldn't be called films anymore, there's no filming involved! This was a pretty good, I never bothered to see the original but having been told the second one was better, took the oppertunity to go and see it.
It's very different from any film you've seen before. Because the charecters aren't real people, you would expect it to be a cartoon. Not so. It's isn't a sequence of animated drawings either. It's somewhere inbetween, but its feels really strange watching it.
Contrary to popular opinion, the film is suitable for ages. There is lots of stuff in it which is hillairusly funny no matter what age you are(similar to The Simpsons). When I saw it, I was with a bunch of French exchange students. They all found it 'tres rigole'(very funny)
In conclusion it is a fantastic film with a revolutionary way of producing. Thre is a good story line, but the best thing is that its really entertaining for all age groups. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it really isn't my type of 'film'.
on December 25, 2000
After Woody goes and saves Wheezy, a toy penguin, from being sold at the yard sale, he falls off of Andy's dog and then Al, owner of Al's Toy Barn, steals him after Andy's mother says he is not for sale. So here starts the adventure.
Woody is brought to Al's office where he meets long lost friends from his old TV show "Woody's Roundup." He meets Jessy the Cowgirl, Stinky Pete the Prospector, and Bullseye, Woody's own horse. He sees old shows from the series and learns that all of them have been waiting for him to come so they would be able to be sent away to a museum in Tokyo. At first Woody does not want to go but then is persuaded by them that Andy will soon grow out of him and he would be better off with them.
Meanwhile, back at Andy's house Buzz and the rest of the toys are making up a plan to go and save Woody. They go to the actual toy store with no luck. At the store though they meet Tour Guide Barbie and she is hysterical. Also the real Buzz gets mixed up with another one at the store so the gang has the wrong Buzz. The gang goes to the office in the bag that Al was carrying. Buzz follows them after seeing the car go across the street.
All the toys get inside and try to persuade Woody to come with them and at first he says no. He then decides to go and Jessy will join him. But the Prospector locks them in and before they can open it Al comes in and takes them to the airport. This is where the action comes.
The gang of toys and the real Buzz all get into a Pizza Planet truck and all by theemselves they drive to the airport and save the day. Toy Story 2 is a movie you do not want to miss. It is better than the original and that says something by itself. Buy and enjoy this piece of true art.
on May 17, 2000
The first Toy Story was amazing. CGI had never looked so good,and the humor was bizarre and hilarious, so both children and adultscould enjoy it. Adults and children are bound to love the sequel too, as shown by the film's $80 million opening weekend. OK, high profits aren't always a good indication of a great movie (take "Titanic" or "Star Wars: Episode 1" for example), but the high returns are actually justified in this one. In this film, Woody is kidnapped by an evil toy collector voiced by the-always-evil Wayne Knight ("Seinfeld"). Woody discovers not only his roots, but also the true meaning of family. A lot of people like the yodeling Jessie voiced by Joan Cusack, but I'd have to say that the best scenes involve Tim Allen and his duels with his nemesis Zurg. Pop culture references allow adults to get some jokes that kids might miss, but the kids will have a blast watching this animated adventure. This movie is more plot-oriented than the first--which kids will love--and is hence more fun. Josh Bob says check this out. Four stars. END