Customer Discussions > Toy Story Trilogy [Blu-ray 3D] forum

Toy Story 3d Trilogy [Blu-ray]

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2011 12:05:26 PM PDT
Michael H says:
Anyone knows all 3 movies in 3D or just Toy Story 3 in 3D?

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 7:02:54 PM PDT
Ben Kjolhaug says:
All of them

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 11:29:21 AM PDT
EhrHead says:
In fact, this box ONLY contains the 3D disc versions. It is basically for those persons who have already bought the Toy Story movies on Blu-ray and want the 3D versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 7:38:08 PM PDT
frodecatur says:
Its all movies in 3D but no 2D or dvd or digital copy as the description says. I almost bought because I thought everything is included. Don't care about 3D that bad

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 12:52:03 PM PDT
Nightmary says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 4:25:57 PM PDT
eaamon says:
if they put 3D BR,BR,DVD and DC on one disc it can not say much for the
quality if they packed it all on there.
this set is not listed at Disney either.......makes one wonder who is selling it!?!?
not to mention it's quality.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 1:44:25 AM PDT
poddie says:
It's pretty clear that Amazon's "Special Features" listing is in error... Disney would have listed the other formats included (DVD, Blu-ray 2d) on the top of the front cover if it included them. This is 3D discs only... Amazon will be taking a lot of returns on this until they correct their error.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 11:08:19 AM PDT
Not me !!! I have the toy stories , autographed too, I have a 3d tv - so just the 3d blu ray doesn't make my existing sets moot point , I don't need duplicates personally so this works out for me , but that's just me

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 3:11:10 AM PDT
I agree! Not too long ago when Toy Story 3 was released on bluray, I purchased Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on bluray also. So just releasing a set with 3D only is perfect! I usually end up selling the original copies to friends just so I don't have duplicates. I wish the 3D versions are released in the first place instead of later after you have already purchased a bluray only copy! (Same thing is taking place with Transformers: Dark of the Moon...I purchased the movie only bluray on Sept. 30 and then the following week I found out the 3D version is coming out in December!!)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 1:56:42 PM PDT
EB White says:
Anyone know if Disney is offering a $5 coupon for this set of 3D movies? I notice they are offering one for Cars 2 (five disc set). Best price anyone?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 9:50:03 PM PDT
No they didnt

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2011 9:50:45 PM PDT
Yes I passed on transformers on purpose for the later releases

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 12:22:58 AM PDT
poddie says:
Oh, I'm not saying I disagree with how Disney made this set... I am in the exact same situation and already have the other discs. I'm just saying Amazon needs to correct the listing before they get a deluge of returns from people expecting all the disc formats that they list.

And I will say I think the price is a bit of a problem for a "3D add-on set". More than $20 per movie just to get the extra 3D discs? I'm going to wait for a price drop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 10:33:50 AM PDT
EB White says:
To poddie,
I just spent the morning driving around town (Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target) none of them had even "heard" of the 3 disc 3D Toy Story set. (Only Best Buy had the three "separate" packages out on the floor, Wal Mart had to go back in "the back" to look for them and came out with a few of the "separate" packages.) So don't wait too long for the price to drop. You may just wait till the 3D in one packages are all gone. Although I certainly agree with you on the price being too high for a "3D add-on set." EB White

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 11:50:05 AM PDT
poddie says:
Yeah, I've pretty much completely given up on retail at thios point. I haven't eveen been able to find the new releases section at my Best Buy in three weeks. They moved it and I have no idea where. Only reason I go there is to claim the Disney Movie Rewards coupons.

I actually don't even own a 3D TV yet (though I am certainly going to buy one in the next couple years), so I'm not too fussed. I love the Toy Story movies, but they are not my absolute favorites and if I eventually have to go without 3D versions I will survive. :)

Thanks for the warning though... I agree, this set may not be around forever.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 4:35:33 PM PDT
I got it today and no it doesn't have anything in it other than the 3d blu-rays. I have already contacted customer support on this issue as it advertised a set including digital copies, DVDs, special features, and Blu-rays. Unfortunately I opened it before I realized it so I am probably out of luck.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 4:39:15 PM PDT
A. Kelley says:
Just got in the mail today, it is only the 3d blu-ray copies for each film. It even states on the box (in very tiny letters on the back) that you can only watch these with a 3d blu-ray player. So Amazon goofed up the description. Returning it even now. I am a new parent, so I did not have these films already accumulated and most kid friendly devices only play dvd. I thought I was buying copies we could watch anywhere. Disappointed but, there you go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 4:41:15 PM PDT
A. Kelley says:
You have to open it to find out if there are more disks for certain. I am returning it, Amazon honors returns due to their mistake.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 6:26:52 PM PDT
poddie says:
And so the returns begin... :-)

I'm positive Amazon will take these back.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 10:20:57 PM PDT
I have a 3d tv , have previous 3 releases - exactly what I need :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011 6:30:33 PM PDT
EB White says:
To all in this conversation,
I let Amazon know thier "Special Features" information on this Toy Story 3D set was incorrect several days ago, but the information remains the same. I do see that they are no longer selling this package, however. Too, bad. This 3D package of all three movies is just what I need, too. I already own the blu-ray and DVD's of the three films. I did order it from Amazon, knowing full well what I was getting. The set is in the shipping process and I can hardly wait till they arrive. I do notice the "new" set price has gone down from other sellers since I ordered my package. EB White

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 6:24:19 AM PST
A. Kelley says:
Update: got my full refund, and I did open the set, so for those of you who opened it and thought you wouldn't be able to return it, you can.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 12:37:21 PM PST
EB White says:
To A. Kelley,
Good. Maybe they will start selling them to those who only need the 3D discs.
EB White

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 7:04:57 PM PST
Tim says:
I noticed some people complained that the 3 disk,3d version stuck .Did everyone have this problem w/ the 3 disk,3d set ???? Or just some?? I REALLY want to buy the 3 disk,3d versions but i'm a little scared to.The ones that had the problem,what was the explanation ????

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 9:36:30 PM PST
poddie says:
What do you mean by "stuck"? I don't see any complaints like that.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Aug 26, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Toy Story Trilogy [Blu-ray 3D]
Toy Story Trilogy [Blu-ray 3D] by Tom Hanks (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (435)