Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Curse
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 17, 2013
This app is well built and it can easily enhance your mind. It has a to of different puzzles that really make you think outside the box. They're unusual puzzles that are tipically used to enhance a person's memory and thought process. Play this game enough and you might end up boosting your IQ. I found only 2 problems with it.

1: It's only in portait mode. It has no Landscape mode on it.
2: You only get 10 hints and once they're gone you have to buy more using your real money.

I haven't used all my hints. I've only used 1, but my friend has used them all up. This game is great other then thos 2 minor little details, but those 2 little things also make it lose a star. Why should you have to pay for hints if you paid for they game? I sure don't think you should. I hope this helps and Thanks for reading. [...] Thanks!!
0Comment| 1,137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
This app contains several different puzzles beautifully rendered and set to a creepy back story. All of the puzzles included can be found as separate apps, but now you can have them all in one gorgeous package. Hats off to the developers, amazing work. I love the variety of puzzles and difficulty levels couple with amusing graphics and ghoulish voice of the phantom looking host.

I know, however, that app developers need to make money, but I know a lot of people are not going to be ecstatic to pay for hints, especially if they already shelled out the money to purchase the app in the first place. Nevertheless, it is not a requirement to purchase these hints, and at least the game is not structured in a way that you are forced to spend money in order to progress. It just depends on you in regard to how valuable you deem the game, to whether you wish to spend additional money on it.

Overall, The Curse is a puzzle lover's dream come true. This is a great game with tons of variety in levels that are certainly not a walk in the park. The concept is not especially innovative, but you can definitely appreciate all of the work that the devs put into it, and I can see myself losing time in this app.
on October 19, 2012
This is a pretty good game but you will have to pay for any hints you need. That was a bit disappointing.
0Comment| 575 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2012
Purchased this game because I thought it sounded like it would be challenging and hold my interest. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that you have to BUY hints in paks. $.99 for 4 up to $9.99 for 60. There was no mention of this in the discription. I hope this isn't a taste of things to come.
44 comments| 819 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
I'll back the others up on here that are not happy about IAPs in a paid app, especially when they aren't told about them in the app description. I agree that you either charge for the app or for extras in the app, but not both. But the worst part is the nondisclosure. That is just unacceptable!
on March 17, 2013
I fully disagree with IAP in a paid game but I want it known I usually review on content. but the fact that this dev did not make the IAP known in the description is the reason for this one star rating. that's just bad business to not disclose such important info.
on March 17, 2013
Puzzle enthusiasts may find this app Delightful. I love the Variety of Worthy Puzzles that challenge you very well. The HD Graphics are very well done and the Ghoulish Music sets the atmosphere. The Storyline is a little DARK but good and interesting. Not really Scary or upsetting like some dark apps are. Just cute Fun.

* No TIMER (on most levels) to pressure you except for a few. Also, the Sounds can all be Muted.
* Many Varied Puzzles that give your mind a good workout. Excellent collection of Puzzles.
* Great Music and Sound Effects blend very well with story and main Character personality.
* HD Graphics make all the Puzzles come to life and make it more fun.
* Narrator does an Excellent Job that makes the Manequin Character realistic and entertaining.
* Unfortunately, only 2 HINTS are free. NOTE: Lots of HINT SITES on Internet have WALKTHROUGH help.

Overall, I find the Story telling interesting and Engaging, the large variety of awesome puzzles give you lots of great challenges and the Music and atmosphere make it more Entertaining. I like this app but do have objections to the PAY FOR HINTS feature (as others have complained about). That is the only thing I don't like but I use Internet cheats. I would Recommend this for anyone that likes good puzzles.
on March 17, 2013
Downloaded it on my KINDLE FIRE HD and am having no problems.... So far I am only on the the third puzzle.. but have to say I like it so far... yes it does suck that on a purchased product they make you BUY ADDITIONAL CHEATS IF NEEDED! Developer PLEASE take note... lots of "fans"not happy about that! Have decided that if I run out of cheats before I have completed my "mission" I will delete.. that's easy enough... Lol. Thanks FAOTD!
on March 17, 2013
For the folks pushing 5 star reviews & complaining that others are giving poor reviews for in app purchases - in app purchases have to be disclosed in the description. I only let my son play games in airplane mode, but if you don't know the potential is there and your child buys a few hint packs at ten bucks a pop ...
on March 17, 2013
Most games with IAPs are free. The developers make their money from the IAPs. The description of this game does NOT mention IAPs (isn't there some sort of guidelines...?) Amazon should remove this game from the market or fix the problem. I would give a minus rating (-5 stars) if I could.