1,137 of 1,244 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mind Enhancement App
This app is well built and it can easily enhance your mind. It has a to of different puzzles that really make you think outside the box. They're unusual puzzles that are tipically used to enhance a person's memory and thought process. Play this game enough and you might end up boosting your IQ. I found only 2 problems with it.

1: It's only in portait mode. It...
Published 18 months ago by Bedjam El Patron

1.0 out of 5 stars Pay for hints!!!!!
Purchased this game because I thought it sounded like it would be challenging and hold my interest. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that you have to BUY hints in paks. $.99 for 4 up to $9.99 for 60. There was no mention of this in the discription. I hope this isn't a taste of things to come.
Published 22 months ago by Night Reader

1,137 of 1,244 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mind Enhancement App, March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Curse (App)

1: It's only in portait mode. It has no Landscape mode on it.
2: You only get 10 hints and once they're gone you have to buy more using your real money.

I haven't used all my hints. I've only used 1, but my friend has used them all up. This game is great other then thos 2 minor little details, but those 2 little things also make it lose a star. Why should you have to pay for hints if you paid for they game? I sure don't think you should. I hope this helps and Thanks for reading. [...] Thanks!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good but...., October 19, 2012
fjk "fjk" (PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Curse (App)
This is a pretty good game but you will have to pay for any hints you need. That was a bit disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Curse makes its presence known, March 17, 2013
aries_BLU (Bay Area, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Curse (App)
This app contains several different puzzles beautifully rendered and set to a creepy back story. All of the puzzles included can be found as separate apps, but now you can have them all in one gorgeous package. Hats off to the developers, amazing work. I love the variety of puzzles and difficulty levels couple with amusing graphics and ghoulish voice of the phantom looking host.

I know, however, that app developers need to make money, but I know a lot of people are not going to be ecstatic to pay for hints, especially if they already shelled out the money to purchase the app in the first place. Nevertheless, it is not a requirement to purchase these hints, and at least the game is not structured in a way that you are forced to spend money in order to progress. It just depends on you in regard to how valuable you deem the game, to whether you wish to spend additional money on it.

Overall, The Curse is a puzzle lover's dream come true. This is a great game with tons of variety in levels that are certainly not a walk in the park. The concept is not especially innovative, but you can definitely appreciate all of the work that the devs put into it, and I can see myself losing time in this app.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pay for hints!!!!!, October 30, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars IAP not disclosed in description., March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Curse (App)
I'll back the others up on here that are not happy about IAPs in a paid app, especially when they aren't told about them in the app description. I agree that you either charge for the app or for extras in the app, but not both. But the worst part is the nondisclosure. That is just unacceptable!

4.0 out of 5 stars NIFTY ASSORTMENT of Challenging PUZZLES and Great Graphics, March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Curse (App)
Puzzle enthusiasts may find this app Delightful. I love the Variety of Worthy Puzzles that challenge you very well. The HD Graphics are very well done and the Ghoulish Music sets the atmosphere. The Storyline is a little DARK but good and interesting. Not really Scary or upsetting like some dark apps are. Just cute Fun.

* No TIMER (on most levels) to pressure you except for a few. Also, the Sounds can all be Muted.
* Many Varied Puzzles that give your mind a good workout. Excellent collection of Puzzles.
* Great Music and Sound Effects blend very well with story and main Character personality.
* HD Graphics make all the Puzzles come to life and make it more fun.
* Narrator does an Excellent Job that makes the Manequin Character realistic and entertaining.
* Unfortunately, only 2 HINTS are free. NOTE: Lots of HINT SITES on Internet have WALKTHROUGH help.

Overall, I find the Story telling interesting and Engaging, the large variety of awesome puzzles give you lots of great challenges and the Music and atmosphere make it more Entertaining. I like this app but do have objections to the PAY FOR HINTS feature (as others have complained about). That is the only thing I don't like but I use Internet cheats. I would Recommend this for anyone that likes good puzzles.

1.0 out of 5 stars non-disclosure of IAP, March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Curse (App)
I fully disagree with IAP in a paid game but I want it known I usually review on content. but the fact that this dev did not make the IAP known in the description is the reason for this one star rating. that's just bad business to not disclose such important info.

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine on my KINDLE FIRE HD..... So far, March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Curse (App)
Downloaded it on my KINDLE FIRE HD and am having no problems.... So far I am only on the the third puzzle.. but have to say I like it so far... yes it does suck that on a purchased product they make you BUY ADDITIONAL CHEATS IF NEEDED! Developer PLEASE take note... lots of "fans"not happy about that! Have decided that if I run out of cheats before I have completed my "mission" I will delete.. that's easy enough... Lol. Thanks FAOTD!

1.0 out of 5 stars Parents beware of in app purchases, March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Curse (App)
For the folks pushing 5 star reviews & complaining that others are giving poor reviews for in app purchases - in app purchases have to be disclosed in the description. I only let my son play games in airplane mode, but if you don't know the potential is there and your child buys a few hint packs at ten bucks a pop ...

1.0 out of 5 stars Pay for hints??, March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Curse (App)
It is smply unacceptable that you pay for a game, only to find out AFTER the fact that your hints are EXTREMELY limited, unless you pay MORE!

The Curse