5.0 out of 5 stars weather station review

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an anemometer in my opinion
Published on July 8, 2011 by upstairsjim

5.0 out of 5 stars weather station review, March 20, 2011
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
Great little weather station for your young weather enthusiast. Very accurate. As good as my $200.00 weather station. Great buy at a low cost. I like that it can be attached to large soda bottle. I recommend that you add ballast to the bottle to keep it from blowing over. I, and my grandson filled the bottle with colored marbles. Not only did it do the job, but he had fun doing it. Great product, at a modest price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an anemometer in my opinion, July 8, 2011
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
This is a nice toy for a young child, but in my opinion, the advertising is deceptive. The so called anemometer does not really measure wind speed. I figured there would be a crude pointer or something to give a person a general idea of how fast the wind is blowing, but when you read the instructions, they tell you it does not really measure wind speed. Their explanation: if the three little cups are moving faster, the wind is blowing faster... no kiddding ! In my opinion, the weather station DOES NOT include an anemometer. The grey color is also kind of boring, but it could be a good painting project for your child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the weather enthusiast, March 14, 2011
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
I bought this for my two sons last summer. We recorded weather conditions down everyday in a notebook. For what it is, I think it's a nice little product. We did not plant anything in the bottle, just weighed it down with water. I really like the rain gauge. Did not last all summer, however, out in the elements. I am purchasing a new one that we will bring indoors after recording our data. Keeping the old one for the rain gauge!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre Product - temperature gauge takes on moisture, etc., January 14, 2012
aitchk (Everett, WA United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
This product should deliver on it's core offering: temp gauge, wind vane/compass, water collector. Here's what it does. Temp gauge is very low quality and takes on moisture so that it is unreadable. Wind vane does not measure wind velocity. Compass works. Water collector works. 5/5 stars. As a kids activity the assembly is a good exercise, but as a scientific piece of equipment, even for a science project, it is not. If you live in a low moisture climate, the temp gauge will not be an issue, but in the Puget Sound on the West Coast it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 23, 2011
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
Excellent kit and a great value. I used this with my cub scout den to work on our weather belt loop and they all loved it. We didn't plant anything in the bottle just because with 3 boys each putting one together I didn't want to bring dirt into the mix. Been there did that! LOL . We used marbles instead but your could really use just about anything. There are great weather worksheets for free online that you can find to go with this and maximize the learning experience! I will use this company again for our future projects they all work right into our limited budget!

2.0 out of 5 stars good science lesson; poor materials, November 8, 2013
Michelle Treaster (Stockbridge, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
I used this for a homeschooling project for my 6- and 8-year-old boys. It was very interesting for them, but fell apart rather quickly. It's meant to be used outside--it needs to be a little sturdier!

3.0 out of 5 stars more for a child than an adult, October 9, 2013
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
I purchased this to replace a similar product that got damaged in storm. this is much smaller than I thought and must be set up on an empty 2 liter soda bottle. I'll know better for next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Christmas gift was a big hit!, February 20, 2013
M. McCaul (Columbia, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
This was a Christmas gift. The young man who received it was delighted to see this when he opened his package. I do know he is enjoying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 10, 2014
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
My son is 5 and he LOVES this product. We have it outside the window and he checks it everyday. We gave him a note book and he writes down the temp, wind, wind direction, etc every morning. We put stones in the bottle like someone suggested but we still needed to tie it to keep it from blowing away. This is a very cool contraption.

5.0 out of 5 stars The weather station, January 7, 2014
This review is from: 4M Weather Station Kit (Toy)
My grand-daughter is very in to building things and finding out how they work. This allowed me to give her a present that she would enjoy and be able to explain to other kids in her class grandma has had an excellent Christmas.

ARRAY(0xa0667dc8)