Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: One Size|Change

on July 24, 2013
I wrote the first review 1.5 years ago and as i am very happy with the set, wanted to update it with pictures. sadly I was not able to add pictures to my old post. So I took off my old review and posted it as a new one with the added updates and pictures. I hope this review will help someone...

Actual post as created on June, 2013:
Using this set for the second season and couldn't be happier.
My son is a fan of air planes and trains so he loves it when we make a sand engine or airplane.
The bag is perfect size for him to carry all by himself (he has just turned 2) and having his own something to carry around makes him real happy.
It has a decent size bucket and sprinkler. all the parts are well made and vibrant in color. I guess this set would be as useful next year as it is now...after that I'll definitely have to buy a bigger set with more castle making options.
Best as the first beach set.

Update 01/28/15
I had to come back and write some more positive things about this set. My son is 3.5 years old now and still loves to play with it. In fact he doesn't miss an opportunity or excuse to put the set into good use. So what it's dead of winter and we are not going to the beach anymore, he is making snow planes and trains now a days. It's really cute to see him shoveling some snow up and filling the little bucket. He loves to carry bucket full of snow from one place to another. Needless to say the recent snowstorms have given him a plenty of chance to play using this set over and over...I never imagined this set would be so useful for his snow play too...added bonus :)
Including couple of pictures for the convenience of future customers. These pictures are taken today and one can easily see the set looks as good as new even after 3 years of good use (my son is really good with his toys. I don't know what's going to happen if the set undergoes a lot of abuse and hitting). the toys are very easy to clean too. Only regret, now the set is couple of dollars cheaper...one can hardly get a better price for such a quality toy. My recommendation would be, go for it.
review image review image
on July 12, 2009
We bought this set for our children ages 7, 6, 5, and 2 for a vacation at the beach. They all enjoyed this set. They didn't have much use for the sifter, and the watering can was a bit small, so they had to keep going back to the water to refill it. Overall it stood up to daily use by these 4 children for a week - which was all we needed. It was nice that everything fit back into the carrying case as well.
on March 25, 2010
My son loves his new beach toys.Arrived on time in great condition as always. Thank you amazon.
However, we saw this same toy today at target priced 9.99+tax so if a trip to target is not so much of a trouble for you try your local target store.
on February 3, 2012
We bought this for a cruise to the caribbean with my 2.5-year-old daughter. I was really worried that it wouldn't pack well in a suitcase or that once I got it out of its carry-all bag, I would never be able to fit it all back in. WRONG. It packed great and was easy to repack at the end of the day and the end of the trip.

My kid loved it. It was perfect for her to be able to carry water back and forth from the ocean and she used all the tools. She was busy for hours at the beach.

In one big wave, the water sprinkler on the water can broke off which was a bummer. But that should be fixable with a hot glue gun.
on August 4, 2014
I thought they would have been a better quality. Just sand toys that I found what I went to the dollar store I could've gotten them and just paid a couple of dollars instead of the almost 20 that I did pay definitely not worth this kind of money.
on November 3, 2014
So cute, my son loved it. He would carry the bag as a backpack. The set is well made and has all the right pieces for a fun day at the beach.

Update after more than a year.
This set has been used for 2 summers (maybe 10 times top as we don't live near the beach) and another few weeks/year so really not that much.
The shovel recently cracked in the middle creating a very sharp pointy opening.
I tried to contact the company which brushed me off saying they are only distributors.
My son still loves this set though I wish it was more durable.
review image
on December 22, 2015
We bought these for our beach vacation and they were a huge hit. We had a four kids with us, ages: 7, 5, 4 and 2. And they all had a great time with these sand toys/tools. The bag that they come in is handy for packing these up and taking them back to your room each evening, or for collecting shells.
on August 13, 2014
My kids LOVED this set! Particular favorites were the sieve and watering can. They would spend hours in the surf, digging up sand to sift through and pouring water on it to discover beachy shell treasures. My toddler also liked simply shoveling sand into the bucket, dumping it out, and repeating the process. I like how there are enough toys in it to share. They are sturdy pieces and will withstand several years of rough use. The bag is sturdy but lightweight enough for either child to carry it, promoting independence and teamwork, and once you get back from the beach, you can just hose it down outside. I'm so glad we have this set!
on December 29, 2013
What a great gift this was for my grandson. He took it on his first trip to Hawaii and loved the tools for his first sand castle. The quality of the tools and bucket are real good. They use the bucket for my grandsons daily baths.
on May 29, 2015
Some of the toys are a bit flimsy and small. The shovel broke the first time my grandson used it in hard sand. It will hold up if you are very gentle with it. I don't think it's good for a rough and tumble boy who is energetic like my grandson. We bought a larger, sturdier shovel and bucket. He did like the molds in the kit though.