5.0 out of 5 stars Great set
Published on March 7, 2006 by C. Byers

3.0 out of 5 stars REAL garden tools, REAL sharp!
Published on December 14, 2009 by Sew Designed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, March 7, 2006
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
I brought this set for my 21month old daughter. They are prefect for her. She was trying to use daddy's garden tools, so I wanted a set that she could use. This set is made to be durable and long lasting. The cost of these tools are well worth it. My daughter will help daddy work in the yard with her tools. I love the colors and it has taken the abuse of a toddler and they have lasted. I would purchase these tools again if necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars DADDY'S LITTLE HELPER, June 20, 2007
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
I PURCHASED THESE FOR MY DAUGHTER, AND WOW. THEY ARE SO REAL, I EVEN USE THEM FOR MYSELF IN THOSE TINY AREA'S THAT THE BIG ONE'S WON'T FIT,
THE TOOLS ARE DURABLE AND HAVE LASTED VERY WELL, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, High-Quality Yard Tools for Kids, April 2, 2007
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
My toddler loves to help with everything. When doing yard work it was so hard because he didn't want his toy plastic rakes and shovel, he knew they were toys and he wanted my real ones. But mine were too big for him and I didn't want him to get hurt. Besides, when I needed to work, he would just get in the way because he wanted to use what I was using. Now, he is quite happy to work along beside me because he has real tools instead of pretend ones. And an added bonus is he's puts them away with mine when he's finished so he's learning about taking care of tools and equipment as well as how taking care of tools is part of finishing a job. He won't even let me get by with leaving tools out when I'm only going in to make lunch! Now if we can just figure out how to get him to clean up what he redistributes for me when he's helping!

3.0 out of 5 stars REAL garden tools, REAL sharp!, December 14, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
While these are high-quality tools, they are real--just miniature "big people" garden tools. They have wooden handles and metal parts. BEWARE! They are very sharp and are not suitable for children unless supervised. I purchased them for a four-year-old and had I known how sharp they are, I would have opted for a cheaper, plastic version. If you want your child to do some actual gardening, these would be perfect; but if they are for play, be very, very cautious.

1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged in 15 minutes!, March 24, 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
I bought these tools for my 6 year old son as he loves to help in the garden. We were looking for metal and wood tools that would be durable. My son is not hard on toys and takes good care of his things. We took the tools out of the package and he was so excited that he immediately started digging in the garden. 15 minutes later the shovel was bent in half! I was able to bend it back with just my hands, but this shovel won't cut it!
Another big disadvantage of these tools is that the handles are so short. They are made for ages 5 and up, but are way too short for my 6 year old. A complete waste of money!

4.0 out of 5 stars For the first time gardener, April 23, 2008
M. Browning (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
This is a great set for a child who wants to do things like their parents. We have had this set for over a year and my son still plays with them. I had to only repair the garden rake because the screws came out. Otherwise we are very happy with this set.

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful with these tools!, October 4, 2009
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
I purchased this set for my 3 yr old daughter because she likes to help out with yard work. These tools are sharp! She was using them one morning (with supervision !!) and she slipped on the wet grass and hit the edge of the shovel with her shin. We spent the next few hours in the ER with a clean slice to her leg. Beware when you purchase these that they should be used with supervision as they are sharp!

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids' Garden Tools, July 26, 2010
Angela Henry (Baltimore, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
We purchased this set for our son at Christmas time and it is no longer usable. The screws have come out many times and it's getting harder and harder to keep them tight enough to keep the metal on the wooden handle. Admittedly, our son plays very hard with his outdoor toys, but these have bent up rather quickly. When he does play with them, he adores them! So, in the name of being parents, we just keep fixing them to keep our guy happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars grammie of 6, October 20, 2007
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
This tool set is very durable and lots of fun and just like my big tools.. everytime I pull a rake or shovel out my grand daughter runs to grab hers.. worked out well. would definitely recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Shovel handle broke off, May 7, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set (Toy)
The gardening tools seem to be of good quality but when my 5 year old son tried to use the shovel to dig a hole, the screw pulled out of the handle. My husband re-screwed it in, but the hole wouldn't hold. He's going to try and drill the screw in and we'll see if it holds. As it is, I can't recommend. I wish I could because they're a great size and my son loved them but now he's pretty disappointed.

Toysmith Kid's Big Tool Set