Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Size: 1-Pack|Change
Price:$6.66+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 27, 2010
I have a brother who has downsyndrome and he likes to shake paper which has the similarity of this toy. It is something he likes to do with his hands, so I figured that this could take the place of his paper shaking. I liked it for him because eventhough he is mentally disabled he was able to use it with ease. The only problem is the magnetic wheel tends to fall out of place and has to be reseated on the rail. All in all it served its purpose for my brother, it is a great toy for the disabled as well as an over active child (ex. Autistic, ADHD,ADD etc.)
on January 19, 2009
This toy was the hit of Christmas. More so than other more expensive gifts under the tree. All three of my children (two 12-year-olds and a 17-year-old) were fighting over who got to play with this. It's nice to know that the simple toys are still appealing. My only frustration is that the lights stay on whenever it's attached to the metal frame and now are burned out. Will have to figure out if I can replace. But toy still works, just without the light show.
Also, was thrilled to be able to find something like this on Amazon - couldn't imagine trying to find in a store. Like a needle in a haystack.
on December 31, 2010
The rotating wheel has a LED light inside, which lights when the wheel touches the metal rails. It is good, as it makes the rotation more funny looking and interesting for the kids, but at the same time it means that the batteries will discharge if you just leave it somewhere with both magnets touching the rails. It will just glow in wain.

The wheel is also very light - much lighter than I expected, which means that it does not gather much momentum, and so does not look as magic as some other models. It moves quick and light, there and back; you can't really feel that it travels back on it's own, despite the gravity, in a strange way, as it happens with more heavy, more quickly-rotating, and slow-moving wheels. Nevertheless, it works.

The biggest problem of the toy though is with the plastic thing in the handle that holds two rails together and parallel. On the 2nd day it break off, and although I glued it twice already, still kids manage to tear it apart regularly.
on January 28, 2012
We dote on our grandchildren-especially at Christmas. Growing up poor in WV and being of that certain age, I remember what enjoyment we got from simple toys.
So,upon seeing this, I hoped my grand-daughter, who loves science,might like it.
After all the presents were opened,and things had calmed down, there was my grand-daughter at every turn, playing with this. Wonderful !
on May 19, 2013
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter. It reminded me of the toys I had handed down to my as a child. She really likes it except it jumps the track quite a bit and doesn't stay on. They metal sides seem bent but no matter how much we tweek it we can't fix it. The one I had when I was little RARELY fell off, it was made much better than this one.
on December 29, 2012
I use this in my profession - working with children who have autism, this is a great momentary distraction and reinforcer if using Applied Behavior Analysis. Kiddos with autism love things that light up and move, and this fits the bill. Oh, and my cat enjoys it, too!
on June 29, 2015
Not just for kids! You may buy it for your kids but I guarantee you will play with it too. This has fascinated all guests in our house. It is cheap and everybody should own one of these. As long as the wheel is attached to the metal on both ends, it will remain lit. My son would fall asleep with this in his hand. I detached the wheel the first night so the light would go off. I had to console him at 4:00am because he was heartbroken when he woke up and the light was off. He LOVES this toy! The light started to dim after about a week, but it is still great fun and will continue to be fun after the light completely dies.
on December 28, 2015
I remember when these toys were quality and checked to see if they worked. We had to manipulate and bend metal to get the wheel to not fall off and spin down toy correctly. This was a stocking stuffer. I remember when i got one and it worked right away....sad that tpt quality isnt what it used to be.

I would rather not have all the flashy lights and have a quality product.
on March 19, 2013
I bought this just for fun, and it turned into a slight addiction just spinning it back and forth while watching TV or chatting with my wife. Its nothing great, and certainly not a replacement for modern entertainment, but generally everyone will want to play with it at least for a minute. The one annoying thing is that the roller must be removed from the wire/handle or the light will stay on all the time until the battery goes out.
on July 23, 2015
I bought these after looking for a similar Gyroscope for a project. I remember having one of these when I was a kid. My dad would give us $1 every 2 weeks and let us get anything we wanted at Dollar Tree. This product worked just fine and it had a battery already inside. I even brought it to the class I teach during summers and some of my students were amazed at what it was and how it worked since they had never seen one before. It's no XBOX, but it's still fun to play with on occasion.

See 1 answered question