Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toy State CAT Mini Machine, 3", 5-Pack
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

I purchased these to go with kinetic sand, I placed the kinetic sand in a plastic 8 1/2 " x11 1/2"x 4" tote with cover and put these in the tote for my grandchildren to play with when they come to visit. The children sit at my kitchen table and play with these for hours and hours, so I ended up purchasing 4 sets of these Cat mini machine'.

After six months of being played with by children from age two to adult every one of these is still whole, no tires missing( if you have young boys then you know how they love to remove tires, these tires do not come off, which also makes this a nice first construction set for toddlers) all parts still attached and working, The set is a perfect combination of vehicles and inspires hours of play. Making tracks, rolling the sand smooth with the roller, then making tracks, filling the truck with sand with the back hoe and scoop, pushing the sand with the blade. Another nice thing about these vehicles is that no matter how hard the kinetic sand is packed into these vehicles most comes off just tapping the vehicle on bottom of container, if that little guy really packs it in to wheels and track I use a toothpick and the sand comes off easy in clumps. These run 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches high and 3 to 4 inches long.
on January 27, 2014
Our little one loves big machinery. I found these and was so excited. I wasn't sure how big they were, They're about 4 inches each. They're not as hearty as I'd hoped, but they're not junk either. Most of them have real time motion (not the tracks) and they're holding up well dispite the grown-ups stepping on them not like a hot wheels though. He takes his "plops" with him when we go out. They're made out of thicker than average plastic and do have some tiny pins in them in the motion having joints. Good buy, GREAT toys. VERY HAPPY BABY.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 22, 2014
These toys are well liked by my toddler son, they are quite cute but it should be noted that the plastic used for these toys is quite hard and can poke accidentally if not used carefully. The fit and finish is somewhat lower than the very common Hot Wheels. I compare to Hot Wheels since they are also small and often loved by toddlers and are in similar price points per unit. With better manufacture and better materials this could easily be a five star toy for little kids.

For size reference visually, I enclose a snapshot next to a golf ball. Thanks.
review image
on August 7, 2014
Detailed with all functioning parts, but not super durable. They are plastic, not diecast, but make perfect cake toppers or little sandbox toys. They also fit nicely in my purse for trips to the doctor's office, etc. The bonus of the plastic is they are lightweight, so if thrown by a toddler they are unlikely to injure anyone. They are, however, slightly cheaper at the big red bullseye store.
on June 22, 2015
These make amazing party favors for a construction theme birthday party. The toys do have small parts (tires, etc.) that could come off and be choking hazards, but my child and his friends were old enough at 2.5 to 3 years old that there were well past putting the toys in their mouths, and could be trusted with these toys. I ended up buying extras so that my son can have some in the car, too. I also keep one or two (as they are relatively small -3" x 2" ?) in my purse, so if we get stuck waiting in a restaurant or somewhere else that my son might get bored, I can just pull out the "emergency" toys. They've saved us from many a meltdown. I would highly recommend these for party favors or for someone looking for a small toy construction fleet, so long as the child you are buying for can be trusted not to eat the toys.
on May 31, 2016
I can't describe how surprised I was when I saw the toys... I wasn't expecting anything "great" because of the price I paid for this miniatures, but I'm so happy I ordered them! My son LOVES them, he takes them everywhere with him, even to bed. He's almost 3 years old, so he destroys everything the day or the day after he receives a toy, but these little construction trucks seem to be pretty durable so far... :)
on November 28, 2013
These tough plastic construction equipment is perfect for our 2 yr. old that has all the Bob the Builder human figures, but the equipment is a little too expensive, now she's able to have Bob and company play together. They are fun for her and she's been out in the sand with them, and since they're plastic, when she throws them there isn't any damage to wall, dogs, or people.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 18, 2014
Boys ,somehow, have a great interest in construction toys; so over the last two years that category made up a significant portion of all our toy purchases. This set absolutely stands out. It is designed for small hands and are very good models for the real machines. Directly made by CAT as simple copies of their construction monsters.

No battery, no fancy engine sound, no wind up or anything fancy but these makes them very durable and a great companion for my son. Besides being simple leaves a lot to the imagination. All our holidays, they go with us in the car and whenever my son sees some gravel or sand, they start digging. Then we turn back home and they take shower with him and are ready for indoor play.

Abusive use over 2 years in the hands of a three year old and we had only the tip of the excavator that broke. We bought a new set and he now plays with both sets.

As a reply to one of the reviewers who recommends buying from target instead of amazon: in May 2014 it is offered at $5.88 directly from amazon and I believe that with this price-mark it beats target ($5.89+tax). So as of today amazon is a better option although it does not matter much at all.
on November 3, 2015
Used them for a cake for my 2year old's birthday party. Big hit and can't beat the price for Cat brand with functioning wheels and treads. They were a big hit on the cake and still played with almost daily.
review image review image review image review image
on August 23, 2014
My two year old loves these little guys. They are easy to pack up and take on the go. I put them in a small plastic bin that is full of dried beans and rice when we are home and he loves to push them around and play in his digger bin on rainy days.