Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Product Packaging: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$22.95 - $49.90

on November 27, 2012
This is a fun toy when you have all the screws. However, it does not come with any replacement screws. Seeing it is a kids toy, things do end up going missing. If a screw is missing, then a part of the truck is not complete. What fun is a broken truck? I have tried to contact ToyState.com to obtain a few replacement screws but there is absolutely no contact information on their website. You try clicking on consumer service and nothing happens. No phone number, no e-mail on the website. Unless this company improves their customer service on their website, I would not give them my business regardless of how fun their toys are.
22 comments31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2013
I bought this toy for my 2.5 year old daughter, because she seemed to love playing with locks & keys and seemed mechanicly inclined. Once I gave it to her and showed her how the drill was used to take off the bolts she went to work. In just a few minutes and with a little help she is able to disassemble and reassemble the toy. The only problem we had was that some of the bolts were a little hard for the drill to screw in (drill doesnt have that much torque). I think with more use the threads will wear down and the bolts should screw right in using the drill. Also my daughters hands are not big enough for the drill, but she figured out a way to hold it and push the button on it that works for her.
I dont right to many reviews but this product was so much fun for my little one. I highly reccomend it!!
on August 22, 2013
I ordered this mainly because my son LOVES to find out what makes this "tick" & was always wanting to take things apart that weren't designed to do so safely. This is GREAT starter toy for the little mechanic in your family. Safe, chunky parts so you don't have to worry about choking hazards & great learning toy. LOVE it!
on November 23, 2014
I purchased this for my grandson, who at the time of purchase was 2 yrs 3 months old. He has strong fascination and focus on anything related to vehicles and this has been a good fit. He enjoyed this right away, but now at just past 2 1/2, he is really getting the hang of using the drill (he only plays with 1 day per week on avg, when visiting). He has other toys that have the same forward/backwards up/down buttons and so I think it helps reinforce the concept.
The truck is made of quality material. At his current age, he doesn't get the screws completely tight all the time, but it really doesn't affect him "driving" the truck. This toy does what I'd hoped - it makes him feel like he is working on a vehicle just like his grandpa.
on July 15, 2014
I bought this for my 2 year old grandson. He loved it. It was a little hard for him, but figured it out really fast. This will be fun for him for a long time.
on January 18, 2013
Great! The two year old son loves it! Very creative and fun...
I recommend this toy from 2 to 5 years
on April 11, 2015
I bought 5 of these - two were for my son and nephew, then I reordered for gifts for their friends! Love the concept, and love the different varieties offered. The drill is a little big for tiny hands (though my son and nephew are two, so they're a little under the age recommendation - they do have extraordinarily large hands for their age). That's the only reason I took away one star. Other than that, it's great educational fun!
on July 3, 2014
This was really fun for my two-year-old grandson. While it does require an adult to assist (it's meant for 3 and up), he loved the drill and wanted to keep taking the truck apart and putting it back together. It's a great little truck as well.
on January 10, 2014
In this world of computers, kindles, Xboxes this toy is a hit because the little ones get to work with their hands.....my 4 yr old grandson and 7yr old granddaughter love it...
on May 16, 2014
We bought this for as a birthday present for my 3 year old son. He loves to take things apart and reassemble them, and someone we knew had a similar toy, only with a manual wrench to take the screws on and off, which he loved--thus our idea to purchase this. The truck itself is very fun--it holds a lot, is easy to assemble/disassemble, and is sturdy. However, the battery-operated drill is just a terrible idea. First, it takes the fun and dexterity practice out of it. Secondly, the design of the drill is next to impossible, especially for a young child. You have to position the drill just right (which means NOT pressing it down on the screw all the way) and then very carefully move it up or down to get the screw to move. If you press it down onto the screw as far as the screw will go, it won't tighten the screw all the way onto the truck, or begin the unscrewing process. And if you move it up or down too quickly as you screw/unscrew, you lose your grip and have to reposition it. For the first year of owning it, we hid the drill and my son just used his hands to screw and unscrew it so he wouldn't get frustrated.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse