Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

VINE VOICEon October 28, 2012
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My Two Year OId son and I have been playing with this for several days and indeed he does love it. He is already a big fire truck fan (as most all two year olds are) so it's tough to go wrong with something like this so here are some details so you can make your best decision:

14" Long is a great size for your 2 year old through probably 5 year old. Smaller than many Tonka Trucks or Bruder trucks, it's not as imposing and a really good size to buzz around the ground with. Make no mistake-this item is not small but really a nice size that it doesn't take up too much space while being very playable.

Has sounds and lights that are accessed by pushing buttons on one side of the truck. There are 7 different ones! The sounds are great an include audio such as "Truck 105 we have a working fire, let's roll!" While doing that the lights flash and the wheels turn. The sounds are all different.

Sounds can be turned off with a button on the bottom. As far as I know this item is always on if batteries are in so I am not sure how quickly they drain but nothing on the truck is on or appears to be taking batteries when no buttons are pressed.

Ladder extends to 2X what you seen in pictures and rotates 360". Made of pretty lightweight and maybe cheap plastic but it seems to be durable.

Flashing lights are great and really add a lot to the experience. Lights are both front and back.

Not sure of the durability but it does appear that it would be less durable than larger Bruder trucks but also a great price point for this one at only $20. I think just the right value too. Low enough price to not break the bank-but fun enough to become a staple of your childs play.

Note of warning is that the rear wheels will turn automatically so the truck goes forward or backward when some of the buttons on the front are pressed-but what the means is that those rear wheels are motorized. When you try to "Drive" this truck forward or back those wheels will not move on the ground and just stay frozen. This could be a problem for a lot of kids so it's an important note. My two year old doesn't seem to care as when driving it on the carpet it still scoots forward just fine.

Great colors that pop out just like a fire truck should.
55 comments|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2015
This truck is wonderful! When it arrived it was boxed really well and was also wrapped in plastic! Its bigger then I thought it would be and has many features! I wasn't aware that at a push of 2 of the buttons the truck drives forward and backward! The other buttons talk, sirens blaze and it has rescue music with one button. Which leads me to tell you about a wonderful option of cutting off the sound without interrupting any of the other features! The ladder turns 360 and extends. My Son Loves this truck and it's one of his Favorites!!! This will be my go to for the next birthday gift I'll be buying!!
review image
on December 2, 2013
I bought this fire truck and the police car by the same maker. My son loves them both.
Very well-built toys. I paid $17.24 + tax, for this truck and the same price for the car, but I see the price has already changed.
on December 14, 2013
My nephew's favorite fire truck. It is a bit noisy, but it still works after some intense playing and banging around. I love the attention to detail and the fact that it hasn't broken and no pieces have come off of it.
on October 23, 2013
The ladder extends, it moves on its own forward and backward, has several quotes, sirens, etc. Perfect for any fire-truck loving kid...and the price was even better!
on January 16, 2014
This was a gift for our 2 year old boy who has fallen in love with fire trucks. It's the perfect size for playing. The sounds are amazing, lights are great. But the draw back is the ladder. It's plastic, with that said it broke with in an hour of play on the side. No glues or epoxy's would work. It still functions, and it doesn't bother my 2 year old or 5 year old who plays with him. Maybe since the rest of the truck is a metal and hard plastic they shouldn't have skimped or used a thin plastic for the ladder.
on October 3, 2012
Awesome. So much better than I expected. The sounds, bells, sirens, voice will be so much fun for my Grandson. I got it for Christmas. Can't wait to give it to him.
on October 27, 2013
I bought this truck for my Nephew's 3rd birthday. He opened every one of his presents and then he and his birthday buddies chose this toy as their favorite and all played with it for quite a long time. That night, his mom sent a picture of my nephew sleeping with the truck and she says it's still his favorite toy! It is perfect!
on May 6, 2015
Several Amazon reviews seem to rate the wrong model of fire truck, so I will begin by saying the one I bought is the Toy State 14" Rush and Rescue Police and Fire. It is only the FIRE TRUCK so I am not sure why the title is listed that way. At any rate, this is not a bad toy, but I certainly would not pay more than the $22 that it cost on Amazon. It just arrived and I have not given it to my 7yr old grandson yet so I cannot comment on the durability. My disappointments are (1) that the lights and siren only stay on for a few seconds. There is one button that turns on all of the lights and makes a low-pitched, non-intrusive siren sound, while the truck stands still. I wish that siren and lights could be locked on so they would remain while he pushes the truck around. (2) One of the buttons turns on a voice that says a couple of phrases while only the back wheels of the truck spin and the truck does not move. The last thing the voice says is "Let's roll!" and then the lights turn off, the back wheels stop spinning and the truck sits there. Not sure if I got a dud and that feature is broken, or if the toy was designed poorly. Other reviewers have said the sounds are too noisy or loud, but I disagree. I wouldn't want them any louder than they are and maybe in an apartment it wouldnt be too good, but in the house they seem okay. Also the reviewer that says the truck moves slow might have received a dud or one with bad batteries because the truck I got moves very quickly on wood floors, even going over the cross-piece where the rooms meet. It is a little slower on carpet, but still moves surprisingly well on plush.
on August 29, 2015
Bought this for a 3 yr old for his birthday and it was a HUGE hit. It was the first present he opened and he immediately forgot about the rest of his presents and played with it for 2 hours straight! I had wanted to see if it would be good for my 2 year old, so I will be buying another one shortly for him. The lights, siren sounds, movement forward and backward was just SO exciting for them. And it's a good size for toddlers/preschoolers. Highly recommend!

The only con is that it is loud! But all these trucks w/sounds are. It would be great if they had a lower volume setting...