Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on November 2, 2012
Was purchased with my LG800G triple minutes for life phone. Should have rcvd 1200 minutes. Was only given 1070. Also, what is mailed to you is an envelope with a pin# inside, not a card. They could have just emailed me the pin# and I would have saved $5 on shipping.
44 comments25 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
What Ever Happened to the DEALS?

Last year I paid $79.99 and the year before that I paid $74.99, for a "1 Year" card. THAT was a good deal! But now $94.99 plus $4.99 shipping equals $99.98! THAT is NO DEAL!!

I have bought one year Tracfone cards for the last three years. We use it very little though but cheapest cell phone you can get if you don't use it a lot! I mean $100 works out to about $8.33 per month. Since we do not use the Tracfone (or any cell phone) a lot we now have ACCUMULATED over 2,200 minutes. However, we WOULD use it more IF we got service AT OUR HOUSE, since we do not have long-distance on our home phone. We are retired and on a FIXED income so try to save all we can!

I don't understand when the ECONOMY is SO BAD why EVERYONE is raising their prices. Our Gas and Electric, and water are both gong up, taxes going up. ALL THIS will ONLY make the economy WORSE!!

------------- UPDATE 12/15/2013 ------------
WOW! The deal AT Tracfone was awesome.

I paid $99.99 for it, but this month they have a holiday special! You get an extra 250 minutes! So I got the 400 minutes, and when I bought the phone 3 years ago I bought a "Double the Minutes" card so that made it 800, plus the 250 extra for the holidays, which gave me 1,050 MORE minutes with my purchase.

AND I got a second deal, for us any way. With all of those extra minutes that keep 'Rolling Over'. You can purchase an extra Year of Service for only $49.99, that doesn't include any more minutes, only 365 more days (a 2nd year) of service. But hey that is one year at half the price! THEN - since we NOW have a total of 3,250 minutes it is just what I needed.
22 comments10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2014
First, I'm a long time tracfone owner, notice I didn't say user. I use the phone on a very limited basis, so I have ton's of minute's. Tracfone CS is Terrible. It's Soo bad that if I didn't have so many minute's on the phone, I'd trash it & try another pre-paid company.

Their CS is in India & the tech's never seem to solve a problem. Get on the phone with them, expect to spend 1/2hour. The Phone operation & connections are fine.....but the CS really ruins the expierence.
on May 11, 2012
I placed the order, and received it 4 days later via USPS Priority Mail (would have been perfectly happy for lower shipping fee to take a couple of more days for standard US Mail as it would have only taken a day or two more). It was not an actual card such as you might purchase via a retail outlet, but just a printed piece of paper with a PIN code.

It is interesting that their web site shows a shipping charge of $0 for "standard handling to the continental USA" but this "card" isnn't available via that route as far as I can find. That was slightly annoying to me, though I can't put my finger on why I feel that way.

I tried to enter the code via my phone, but the code kept giving an "error code 7" message. I went to the tracfone web site, and the code worked fine. The cost via this method worked out to about a 15& discount over the price on the tracfone web site.. $15 bucks is $15 bucks. Since I already have "double minutes" it registered as 800 minutes.. They now offer "triple minutes" too.. Tracfone gets credit for trying to be a "value-positioned product"

I had no reason to contact the seller so I can't speak to their customer service.

I rank it a satisfactory experience, even though there was some slight variance over what I expected.

It is worth mentioning that if you buy through TracFone, you normally get 250 bonus minutes for purchasing this same 400+365 deal.. (I'm not sure this is ALWAYS offered, but I've never looked that it was NOT offered). Since it costs $5 for "shipping" on this card, it means $90 for 400 (double-able) or $99 for 400 (double-able)+ 250 "bonus" minutes.. cheaper online by the minute, but it's your choice. I will say that buying direct from TracFone they add a bunch of "fees" on to increase it nearly $10 which you don't have with this item.

[edit 8/2013] I note this is up $5, so after shipping it is only "fees" cheaper.. so it's less of a "deal" Watch the prices and act accordingly :/ This last round I just bought from Tracfone
on August 22, 2011
I had just purchased my first Tracfone, a double minutes for life phone (DMFL), and searched the internet for the best price per minute.

After reading the reviews I bought the 1 year, 400 minute card from Amazon (sold by Veronica Tablet) cost $74.99. Free shipping option took from Thursday Evening 7/21 until arriving 7/27 by mail (USPS). Used a promo code for 200 extra minutes and with the DMFL got 1000 minutes added to my Tracfone and a 365 days of service extension added to the service time remaining on the phone.

The card arrived in an envelope inside a cardboard sleeve and I activated the card online after scratching off the coating over the code. It was easy, and within what seemed like less than a minute, the time was added to my Tracfone.

Evidently the price on this product varies with vendor so when it is near time to add more minutes I will watch the price.

I had no interaction with "customer service" so I didn't rate it. I don't see how the "coverage" rating applies to a minutes card so I didn't rate that. I live within view of an ATT cell tower so when I bought the Tracfone I bought an ATT Tracfone and have full bars at home.
on October 18, 2013
I am 67 years old. My experience with Tracfone is absolutely the worst I haver ever had with a so called "service" provider. I have returned the cellphones and canceled my airtime plan. I am still out almost $30, not to mention the hours I spent with their inept support phone staff - and the grief.
I tried to order 3 cellphones online, but didn't make the last click because the promised free shipping did not show. So I called. A woman named Sofia in Belize (you will visit various 3rd world countries dealing with the support staff) took my order and told me that even 'though the free shipping didn't show in the invoice, I would get the discount.
Sure enough the next day I saw the full amount taken out of my bank account - no free shipping.
So I called. I was told that I could not be refunded cash. I would have to get credit for airtime.
When the phones arrived, it took hours to get one of them activated. Then after one day, I lost service. It took me another hour with 2 different support staff to discover that when the phones were shipped, the sim cards had been switched. So I had to switch them back. After one day, I lost service again. I was told the SIM card was defective; I would have to wait 3-5 days for a replacement.
Meanwhile I tried to activate the 2nd phone. I was told again the SIM card was defective. I had to wait for a replacment.
I believe I spent 10 hours altogether with the support staff. Every time I called I had to spell out my name, address, etc. - and tell the whole story all over again.
Finally when I decided to send back the phones and end my relationship with dysfunctional Tracfone, I was told I had to pay for the return shipping; and they do not refund for airtime (I had joined their "value plan"). DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND FORGET YOU EVER HEARD ABOUT TRACFONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2012
We have a cell phone that triples minutes. For every minute we purchase from TracFone, we get two ADDITIONAL minutes free. Thus this card gives 1200
minutes when it's installed on our phone. In addition, there was a bonus code of 200 minutes from the TracFone web site that is added when the 1200
minutes from this card are installed on our phone. That's a total of 1400 minutes that last a year and never roll over. A great value, particularly if
you are not a heavy cell phone user and can make 1200 minutes last a year.
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2012
I recently made the switch from a yearly contract with another cellphone service provider to Tracfone. I purchased the LG800G from Tracfone and was about to purchase the 1 year, 400 minutes card from them as well. I decided to check Amazon first and I'm glad I did. Tracfone (and pretty much everywhere else I checked) was selling these minutes for around $99, but Amazon (from CardArt/Veronica Tablet) had it for just $75. I received the card fairly quickly and was able to add the minutes/service to my phone with no problems at all via Tracfone's website. I was also able to use one of Tracfone's current promos to get an additional 200 bonus minutes. Add to this the fact that the LG800G comes with TRIPLE lifetime minutes and this works out to be a pretty sweet deal of 1400 minutes for only $75. Thanks Amazon and CardArt!
on January 10, 2012
This card is the best value for the money. You get 1 year of airtime which means you don't have to worry about buying a card every 60 days. If you run out of minutes you don't have to rush right out a buy another card to keep your number active because your covered for a year.
on November 20, 2011
I bought an LG800g (2X) phone plus a 60 min card, to see how cell phones worked, (my first cell phone), and it worked fine! next, I bought a package: another LG800g phone, (this one with 3X minutes) + 1200min + 12mo, and moved my land line # to it;

these 400min + 12mo cards go as low as $75, but $80 is decent, too; always use a bonus code when you add the minutes! some codes come with the phone, but there's other codes that can be worth even more! ie: with my last 400min card, (plus bonus code), I got 1500 minutes; check around! you might do even better!

with these 400 minute cards, my phone costs run about $5/mo, plus under 2cents/min, so with bonus codes, this price slightly beats any other vendor;

Tracfone support hasn't been needed; everything works! some documentation could be better, but I only use these phones as phones, so I'm very happy!

** the best feature: when a 'salesman' calls, I save the number in 'contacts', and then add it to a 'blocked' group; => NO more sales calls!!! I now have more 'blocked' sales numbers than regular contacts!! that one feature may be worth more than everything that I've already paid for these 2 phones, (and my old land line couldn't do that!!)

with these 400min cards, I've pushed my 'end date' out about 2 years .. so I expect no worries for a LONG LONG time!!