Published 7 months ago by perrymason1955

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ok
Published 3 days ago by Les Bliss

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Track Plans For Lionel FasTrack' Will Assist In Keeping You On The Mainline, November 20, 2013
perrymason1955 (Palestine, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Track Plans for Lionel Fastrack (Classic Toy Trains Books) (Paperback)
This book is a valuable resource for a person who has been using Lionel tubular track and wants to upgrade to Fastrack. Its value is that it provides you with an overview of what you are likely to encounter when you begin working with Fastrack including information on equipment, measurements, radius, wiring, and scenery in addition to plans and diagrams. I would recommend it as a part of your Fastrack library to be used in conjunction with other Fastrack

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Book for Lionel FasTrack, December 31, 2013
Provides a firm understanding and a multitude of layout options. Great for beginners and for advanced railroaders alike. Good Read overall

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loved it., February 6, 2014
Part of the Christmas package, my grandson, age 11, enjoyed and used the book as soon as he opened the wrapping. He reconfigures his trains from time to time, the track plans help him execute his ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed BASIC, and got it, January 20, 2014
I am a "Basic" layout type guy... I've been in railroading (mostly Lionel, a Lionel dealer for 14 years some time ago), but, most all of my layouts have been 5x9 or smaller. My layout now is 4x6. I'm just glad to have ANY way to run trains in my limited space, and with my limited income. This book, though BASIC in nature is EXACTLY what I need to begin to understand the new track and how it works within the space(s) I am able to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 9, 2014
ok

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, but..., February 22, 2014
This is a good book, but it is too short! I would have like to have seen many more track plans.

5.0 out of 5 stars great layout plans, January 13, 2014
Steven Van Benthuysen (Woodbridge, VA United States) - See all my reviews
was very happy with this book. it gave me the idea of setting up a Christmas layout for next Christmas. may even decide to convert our spare room to a permanent train layout room

5.0 out of 5 stars A big help for a first-timer!, February 1, 2014
Friendly one (WEST DEPTFORD, NEW JERSEY, US) - See all my reviews
A five-star rating is definitely given to this book as it not only excited me but the children who are into trains as well. Being a first time toy train hobbiest I found the book inspiring for the variety of track ideas it gave PLUS the specific details as to the size of the platform, actual individual track pieces needed to complete each layout, and the color-coded key that makes it extremely easy to understand. It helps me determine the price of various sections of the layout instead of guessing! A great buy for a newbie!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great ideas, some way over the top, March 21, 2014
Though I like looking at some really huge, economically unfeasible layouts, I would much rather see those that might fit into my budget more. There are some small layouts, some huge layouts, but not a lot in between. I would also like to see more pictures of the actual layouts that these plans represent, if they exist. I think looking at layout strategy would be a good addition to future re-writes. What to consider, ways to expand existing layouts with spurs, sidings, or more lines all would be great for those of us trying to get the most out of our layouts while still trying to work within out budgets. Still, I recommend this book to those starting out. I think those already thinking of huge layouts like some of those in the book will probably already be beyond the usefulness of this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new here "For Me", January 1, 2014
I personally did not like the book or the Layouts. Most of them I have seen before or on line for free or just a slight twist to an old idea. This doesn't mean you won't like it or that others didn't like it, it just means I did not care for the book and I wasted my money. Since this is my review I wrote what I thought. Remember many reviews on Amazon and Other Places are done by those selling the items...this isn't one of those reviews also, this isn't a great review or a glowing review, just an honest opinion, Mine....I rewrote this review because someone wrote me saying it wasn't helpful as far as detail went...well I have changed it now, hope it meets his approval now. I still think it was a waste of money...sorry, just my opinion....I have written many other reviews that are found very helpful...oh well, can't please everyone .....

Track Plans for Lionel Fastrack (Classic Toy Trains Books)
Track Plans for Lionel Fastrack (Classic Toy Trains Books) by Classic Toy Train magazine (Paperback - November 29, 2013)
$14.99 $13.20