Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 20, 2013
This book is a valuable resource for a person who has been using Lionel tubular track and wants to upgrade to Fastrack. Its value is that it provides you with an overview of what you are likely to encounter when you begin working with Fastrack including information on equipment, measurements, radius, wiring, and scenery in addition to plans and diagrams. I would recommend it as a part of your Fastrack library to be used in conjunction with other Fastrack
on February 6, 2014
Part of the Christmas package, my grandson, age 11, enjoyed and used the book as soon as he opened the wrapping. He reconfigures his trains from time to time, the track plans help him execute his ideas.
on January 20, 2014
I am a "Basic" layout type guy... I've been in railroading (mostly Lionel, a Lionel dealer for 14 years some time ago), but, most all of my layouts have been 5x9 or smaller. My layout now is 4x6. I'm just glad to have ANY way to run trains in my limited space, and with my limited income. This book, though BASIC in nature is EXACTLY what I need to begin to understand the new track and how it works within the space(s) I am able to use.
on December 31, 2013
Provides a firm understanding and a multitude of layout options. Great for beginners and for advanced railroaders alike. Good Read overall
on February 1, 2014
A five-star rating is definitely given to this book as it not only excited me but the children who are into trains as well. Being a first time toy train hobbiest I found the book inspiring for the variety of track ideas it gave PLUS the specific details as to the size of the platform, actual individual track pieces needed to complete each layout, and the color-coded key that makes it extremely easy to understand. It helps me determine the price of various sections of the layout instead of guessing! A great buy for a newbie!
on February 9, 2016
This is a great book, within the first few pages a solution was presented for a design idea I started with for a Christmas tree set up with the tree in the center and raised. Started gathering the pieces to expand the layout.
on July 26, 2014
I like this book, but I really don't think it had a lot of layouts for the price
on February 20, 2015
Short but simple book. The book describes multiple layouts, and outlines the exact pieces (and how many of each) are needed to create the desired tracks. I got a few ideas from the book, but keep in mind most of the tracks outlined here are for larger deployments (10 by 8), though some are smaller.
on March 14, 2015
Too fluffy, not for the experienced model railroader. I have 40+ on and off years with model railroading, it's just to plain. There were not many if any, real diverse layout diagrams. I enjoyed the section on estimating needed amounts and types of parts to complete the prescribed layout but that is about it. It should be made clear that this is more or less for the beginning operator but for more elaborate layouts and ideas it falls short for me or the advanced modeler when building a more complex diorama. Thank you !
on January 13, 2014
was very happy with this book. it gave me the idea of setting up a Christmas layout for next Christmas. may even decide to convert our spare room to a permanent train layout room