Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 15, 2016
Good.
on June 9, 2016
Erdrich takes complicated family dynamics and makes them terribly boring and more than a little bit cliched. If Milton had read this, it would have given him blindness. Like Erdrich's other books, this one focuses too much on sex and gives a naive worldview. I had to read this along with Love Medicine and a handful of other Erdrich books. Save yourself the trouble. If your professor is teaching Erdrich, and it's not too late, swap your classes, and return your books.
on April 8, 2016
Classic Erdrich - the beginnings of the saga of my favorite characters of all time- Nanapush and his family. Full of twists and turns
and delightful characters. Love it so much I keep rereading it!
on November 26, 2015
This book was boring and weird. I was assigned to read it for a class. If her writing style is amazing and the story is magical I missed it somehow. The characters are creepy and the setting is disturbing. I did not like any of the characters. They all seemed insane.
on November 23, 2015
Loved this book! It was kind of twisted, but really interesting! I had to read it for a college course, but I would recommend it for others to pleasure read!
on November 12, 2015
I love Erdrich as an author, and Tracks did not disappoint me. I had never read anything in her Love Medicine series before, but now that I have, I want to go and read them all.

I love Nanapush, one of the narrating characters, and despise Pauline, the other narrator. Nanapush's chapters gave us great insight into his wisdom and humour, and he gave us a wonderful portrait of Fleur Pillager from the perspective of her friends and family. Pauline, on the other hand, gives us great insight into her delusions and warped sense of morality while giving us the perspective of Fleur as a rival and adversary, even if this adversarial relationship is onsided. As one of my friends put it, "Pauline is nucking futs."

I love Fleur's characterization in Tracks, and she's become one of my all time favourite fictional characters. I love the details that Erdrich puts into the setting, the place and the culture this novel resides in. I am Anishinaabe as well and the culture as presented here is both familiar and foreign, as Tracks takes place in a different time, among a people whose assimilation was not yet as advanced.

Overall, I'd give this book a 4.5 if I could, but I can't, and so a 5 is closer to how I feel than a 4 is.
on September 19, 2015
Beautiful Detailed Story. I am falling in love with all the plot twists and feelings of depth in the characters. Also the story moves along at a good pace so that I was able to finish it in one day. Then reread it just for the pure joy of it the next day. I love this story and just ordered another Louise Erdrich book today because I loved "Tracks" so much!!
on September 17, 2015
Most annoying book I was ever forced to read by a college english professor. Just a really stupid book that I could not relate to.
on September 2, 2015
Good Book!
on August 23, 2015
A twisted tale, hard to follow.