4.0 out of 5 stars Tougher than it appers!
Published 16 months ago by Cindy G. Cantrell

2.0 out of 5 stars effective, but the most boring routine on earth....
Ok, I will have to admit, though a daily exerciser I do have to "like" what I'm doing in order to keep at it and make it a part of my routine. After losing 40#'s 9 years ago, the big "take away" was I won't do what I don't like, no matter how awesome it makes you look/feel, etc.

Tracy's precision toning workout falls in this category for me...
Published 9 months ago by Colleen M. Schneider

4.0 out of 5 stars Tougher than it appers!, September 6, 2013
I have Tracy's Mat workout and I have tried her Metamorphosis Abcentric. I think this is a great step after her Mat workout. It's harder but it still has a familiar elements of both. It has 4, 15 minute sections focusing on Arms, Legs, Glute and Abs. In the Arms she warms you up with no weights and moves you into weights. She uses 3lbs and briefly 5lbs. This was challenging and fatigued my arms. The 5's topped it off! In the Legs, she uses the chair for standing and floor work. This was challenging and really fatigued my legs. The Glute section was on the floor with the option to use ankle weights. She uses 1.5 lb each and doesn't recommend using anything heavier. I tried 2.5 and humbly and quickly took them off! In the last section, Abs, is done on the floor. I like the option to do just one section or play all. Even though they are 15 minutes each they deliver a good burn and fatigues the muscles. They are challenging! I was sore the next day which is hard to find sometimes! I enjoyed it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me of the mat workout, September 5, 2013
I thought this workout was going to be cardio be in actuality it is a segmented toning workout (lost one star for the implied cardio).

It reminds me of Tracy's mat DVD, it is about an hour to do all 4 segments which are:
1. Arms
2. Legs
3. Butt
4. Abs

Tracy actually talks you through the moves in this DVD and she COUNTS THE REPS. This is one thing I found lacking in some of her other workouts like Metamorphosis. I have done metamorphosis and this is more difficult then some of the first few levels and less difficult then the last few levels. The pros are that the arms really get a workout here, that is a huge bonus to me. I also appreciate that you don't spend a lot of time on all fours as in the meta videos. That was my least favorite part of meta and I appreciate that it is minimal in this DVD.

You will need the following:
Mat, 3 pound weights, 5 pound weights, an armless chair, and 1.5 pound ankle weights

You can either play the entire workout or pick the section that you want. This will be a nice add on to any other workout and especially nice if you want to focus on one area.

I would imagine you could do this DVD and then follow it up with the perfect design series, although she states that this will prep you for meta. For those that aren't ready/willing for the meta commitment this is a good DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love to hate that Tracy!, March 26, 2014
So I had been doing the Tracy Anderson Method for almost two years when I became pregnant with twins in the Fall of 2012. She got me in the best shape of my life, and then BAM! Pregnant with twins!! I took about a year and a half off from exercising, and just took it easy with slow walks and stretching. Fast forward to February 2014.... So when I tried to dive back into her craziness (but you gotta love it, the girl gets you RESULTS) I almost DIED doing this DVD. If you are just getting into fitness or have been away from her method for a long while, I would definitely say WORK UP to this one. Feeling a bit defeated but unwilling to give up, I decided to order her newer "Method for beginners" DVD and also her Post Pregnancy DVD, to use and work at to be able to build up to this one. I don't have a bunch of time during the day with two 12 month olds crawling around, so I devoted 30-45 min to her Method, and did the beginner DVD faithfully for a month as the first program, than month two I devoted to her Post pregnancy DVD (GREAT FOR ABS after pregnancy!!) THEN, this past week was the start of month 3, and I popped this one in my DVD player and I am happy to say, it's still classic Tracy, meaning, super challenging, but do able if you set your mind to it. I will probably work at this one for another month or so, then move on to another DVD of hers.....she is not for everyone, and her moves Will seem strange at first, but if you stick with her for at least 60 days, no matter what your fitness level, your body WILL change. She got pretty rich doing what she does cause her stuff works. I don't do her Method exclusively, but I will say that her programs comprise at least 75% of my exercise time. She is the only fitness personality that has been able to capture and hold my attention for a long period of time, because I get results and she encourages you to constantly change it up. Now, whether that's because she wants us to constantly buy new DVDs, who is to say, but it's not good to keep doing the same moves over and over again anyway. ...I find that too boring, especially if you are an at home exerciser like me. Oh....I also recommend reading her Book if you are completely brand new to her method. I feel like all her diet advice is a bit too crazy and restrictive, but the book is a GREAT Primer to her exercise philosophy and gets you pumped to try her new "wicked" ways.....try it and you'll see! More than likely, you will come back for more like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect intro to TAM, September 4, 2013
Nerdygrl (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I do like the previously released Tracy Anderson Method workouts, but if I had one criticism, it's that there was never real cueing or coaching on form (at least on on Metamorphosis or Dance Cardio ones; the Perfect Design series does provide good form pointers) which can make it difficult to achieve proper form especially since her moves are usually unconventional. This DVD is perfect for those of us that would like more schooling on what goes where. She states in the warm-up that it's meant to prep you to go onto Metamorphosis workouts. It's not done via voice-over; she instructs while she is doing the workout, including repetition counts. Of all her workout DVDs this is her most conventional as far as presentation goes but the moves are still pure Tracy Anderson. It still hits all the muscles from a variety of angles, using a mat, chair, dumb bells, and optional ankle weights. The box says "Cardio" but it really a toning workout. I would recommend it for beginners, people who might have been frustrated with previous TAM workouts, and those of us who could work on proper form.

4.0 out of 5 stars This s*** is HARD!, March 1, 2014
No matter what weird exercise phase I get into, I always, always go back to the TA Mat Workout. I heart that DVD so much. In light of that, I took one star off for Precision Toning b/c it is not as friendly to my bad wrists and knees (ie, I have to take breaks and/or modify) like the Mat video is.

In terms of clear direction, this DVD is amazing. I've never minded the lack of counting or direction in her other DVDs (exceptions: Teen Meta, which is pure torture, and Metamorphosis, which is also torture in a repetitive way--and therefore, I can't stick to it).

Also, for those who say this isn't a cardio DVD--well, ok, there is no dancing or running around, but holy crap, if you are ACTUALLY doing the exercises (not half-*ssing it, which is what I suspect a lot of complainers are doing, no offense), you will be gasping for breath by the time you get to the middle of the legs section. I was dripping sweat everywhere by this point (and also frequently cursing. The pain!!!). You will feel your heart racing for hours upon finishing.

This DVD is way harder than the Mat DVD (which I can actually get all the way through, in spite of being 15 lbs. overweight), which comparatively is like taking a 10 minute walk. It's been 2 days since I first did this workout and I am still walking bowlegged and jangly. My thighs are on freaking fire. I am going to try to get through it again tomorrow even though I'm practically tripping over myself from jangly-leg syndrome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Real workout!, March 4, 2014
I was hesitant to open the package because of some negative reviews, but it is simply amazing! To see the best results you need to do all 4 workouts. Thats 60 minutes of precision toning. Its the DVD I wish I had when I lived in an upstars apt., because There isnt any jumping around, but boy was I sweating and breathing hard! It really is cardio wothout stressing the joints. As for some of the bad reviews I noticed they either did not open package or stopped it at the first sign of talking. Yes, when she started talking and stopped I "almost" turned it off, but I didnt because Im not a quiter! Then I finished the DVD. All 4 15 minute workouts. I was breathless after the first 15 minutes and I do hot yoga, run, and bootcamp classes. I felt my arms weak and my legs tremble. Definitely, need to play the whole video before reviewing. Or its simply an unfair review! I cant wait to do this everyday. I also bought the book, so it makes sense that these are repitive movements. SHe is working the accesory muscles not the big builky ones! WHo wants to looks like a body builder! This will give you sleek results. I will re-post in 30 days. I love that it works my arms, thighs, butt, and abs! Exactly what I was looking for! So happy for this purchase! :) - Jane C.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ay yi yi, September 19, 2013
When I first saw tracy new dvd I thought what the heck I have metermorphise and the mat workout so why would this be different. I in for a rude awakening. I think this is her hardest workout ever and very effective i was dripping sweat by the time i was done. I'm in good shape but want to tone up a little bit more so I will update after a month. I highly recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like an updated version of the Mat workout, with much better cueing, September 8, 2013
Although the cover of this bills it as having "4 complete cardio workouts," it really is a toning/muscular structure workout, similar to Tracy Anderson's Mat, Perfect Design, and Metamorphosis workouts.

The workout is broken down into segments that cover arms, legs, butt, and abs. You can choose to do just one segment, or you can play all of them together, for a 60-minute workout.

To do the workout you'll need the following equipment:

* a yoga mat
* a pair of 3-pound and 5-pound dumbbells
* a chair
* ankle weights (optional)

If you're new to Tracy Anderson, I would definitely get this and/or her new Method for Beginners workouts before jumping into her other programs. In these two new workouts, Tracy takes more time to explain proper form and she cues much more than she does in her older ones. She even counts the reps on this one, and explains all of the various angles that she uses to target your legs and arms. In fact, this would be a great one to get and do a few times before doing one of the Metamorphosis sets since she explains the positioning of your body so much better.

The music was a disappointment since some of it (in the legs segment) is from Metamorphosis, and I've heard it so often that it made me a little insane! :-) I love the music on her Mat and dance cardio workouts, and had been hoping for similar music on this one since she has such great taste in that area!

Tracy's method is very different, and I've had mixed results with it. (I've posted lengthy reviews of my experiences with Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis - Glutecentric and Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis - Hipcentric in those links.)

Because of my experiences, I'm not sure if I would do an entire TA rotation again, but I really like mixing in her workouts with other instructors, and I've found the arms segment on Mat to be one of the best arm workouts I have. The arms segment on this new DVD is equally good. (On Facebook recently, someone in a fitness group I belong to posted her results from doing 30 days in a row of just TA Mat arms, and her arms looked amazing! Now that I have this second DVD, I might try alternating the two segments to see if I can get similar results.)

Overall, this is a good workout to start with if you're curious about trying Tracy Anderson's muscular structure work or if you want to add something new from her into the mix. It's not for beginners, and I was pleasantly sore the day after I did this for the first time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Tracy, brilliant results, February 1, 2014
Namz (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This DVD is broken into four workouts- arms, thighs, butt and abs. You can mix and match, but they're really designed to be done together as the warm up is included in the arms workout. The contents of each workout are quite similar to her Mat dvd from the Tracy Anderson Method, but there are enough variations to make buying this DVD worthwhile. The arms section is quite fast-paced, and has the addition of 5 pound weights. This is pretty weird in some ways as Tracy used to be so insistent that women never use more than 3 pound weights. EVER. She doesn't explain this sudden change in her beliefs, but whatever. Your arms get an amazing workout.
The thigh and butt workouts are extremely challenging. In the thigh workout, you rely on a chair for balance the whole time as you do 25 reps of every move. Your leg muscles are completely exhausted by the end. The butt workout is on the floor, on all fours. Tracy's thinking is that if she exhausts your leg muscles in the thigh routine, by the time you do the butt the correct muscles will switch on. This is probably true, but you can really feel your legs screaming the whole way through the butt section. Your glutes also burn so much as you do 40 reps of every move. It's extremely sweaty work, and you pant the whole way through. Great workout.
The abs section is also very difficult with lots of small range of motion sit-ups and leg raises. You also do plank twists which are super challenging.
Highly recommended DVD for anyone who wants to get super toned and lean. Tracy will not bulk your muscles!

5.0 out of 5 stars I felt like I was in the best shape I have ever ..., November 19, 2014
This DVD works and is not complicated. At first, I just did the arm section. I noticed results in a week. So little by little, I added the other sections After 3 months, at 48-yrs old, I felt like I was in the best shape I have ever been. The first week is absolute misery and Tracy's personality kind of annoys me, but this routine works. It's not complicated like some of her other DVDs. You can do it anywhere. Also, when I ordered it on Amazon, I got a free kindle edition and now I have it on my iPad and squeeze it in when traveling.
Another thing - it's divided into 4 sections - arms, legs, butt, abs. Each roughly 10-15 mins. You can squeeze in a section thru out the day. If you are skeptical - get the dvd, do the 15 min arm routine every morning and see the results. Then know that you will get the same results for the rest of your body if you do the rest of the DVD. The arm section doesn't make you sweat - so you can do it waiting for the coffee to brew or during your lunch hour. You don't need workout clothes to do the arms. She uses weights in some parts - but you will get results without weights. Just try the arms. You will be a convert.