Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method: The Weight-Loss Ki...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 71% off the $25.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method: The Weight-Loss Kick-Start that Makes Perfection Possible Hardcover – September 20, 2010
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
"Tracy Anderson's Method changes your body in a way that no other exercise can. You will see remarkable results...a feminine sexy body!"
"I love Tracy Anderson's Method! Her approach to exercise is smart, creative, and empowering. I believe that Tracy can transform any woman."
"It is such a fantastic work-out. It targets intensely those areas we all panic about in a unique way that keeps your body and mind agile! I absolutely love it. It is so invigorating that it becomes more of a way of life than the dreaded trip to the gym!"
About the Author
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
1. This workout is LONG! Tracy describes the entire workout as lasting between 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. If you are continually increasing the repetitions during mat work as suggested, that alone can take up to 1 1/2 hours, bringing total time to 2 1/2 hrs. I found I had to split the mat work from the cardio just to get them both in, otherwise, I would have to start my day at 4:30 in the morning!
2. The food. Even though I live in the boonies, I've been able to find most of the ingredients listed in the diet portion of the book. However, the diet seems kind of bland and repetitious. I understand the concept of "eating clean," so instead of following the diet to a T, I've made several substitutions that worked to my tastes and time availability. Anyone with internet access should be able to find more user-friendly recipes that are similar to what Tracy has in the book.
3.Read more ›
It's been 3 days and I've lost 3 lbs.
I like the idea of switching up the routine every 10 days.
The meals are not hard to cook (look at my cons for the rest of the menu)
It's ONLY 30 days!
Cardio is VERY repetitve. I turn on different music so I can finish the 40 minutes.
1 1/2 hours to work out is long. I schedule it in. I am dripping with sweat after!
Meal plan is hard to follow. Lots of ingredients. I modify the menu by picking and choosing the meals that appeal to me.
No wine- I still have my glass of wine!
I am glad I bought it and am motivated to continue.
1. Ok fine to follow her 1.5 hour a day routine. It's alot but it I can make that kind of commitment for the hoped for outcomes...
2. But on top of that, I just spent 1 hour creating 2 out of the 4 meals for the first day. I don't have this kind of time to create meals like this just for myself. Recipes call for things like "2 tablespoons of chive" which means I have to throw the rest of the chives away or figure out how someone else in my family will eat them...
3. There are quality issues with the DVD program. In the book, it says things like "you can start with 20 repetitions, move on to 25, when you get to 60 start weights and go back down to 40 repetitions." THe DVD, however, simply states to do 40 repetitions.
Because on the DVD she doesn't do the full 20, 40 or 60 repititions, I have to constantly stop the DVD so I can finish my complete set and catch up. Obviously, we are meant to memorize or follow along with the book -- but since this is a DVD and we have to follow along with the cardio anyway, why not just have her run through at least a full set?
The cardio is nice and fun, but it does move fast through the sequences. Four repetitions of a move, and its off to another movement. Most of her cardio DVDs are like that, there is a steep learning curve.
I was provided the book "30-Day Method" by Tracy Anderson. You are asked to follow three parts. Part one "TA Method Muscle Design". part two "TA Method Cardio Complement" and part three "TA Method Menus". Before I started anything I read the book completely. Tracy Anderson repeats many times the importance of following all three parts in order for her method to work.
I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone unless they have a lot of time and money. You need to set aside 45 min- 1.5 hours for the work out each day. That part wasn't too bad to me, it's a lot of time to set aside as a mommy but I had no problem taking time for myself to get fit and have more energy. On top of the 1.5 hour you need to work out you will have to follow her meal plan and not sway from it.
Upon looking at her meal plan, she must think mom's have time to cook all day. She has 4 "meals" per day and most are made of foods I never even heard of. When I went to make our grocery list for just one week for only me and it ended up being 2 full notebook pages of just veggie/fruits and two more full pages of other foods. I sent my husband to the store to buy the ingredients and he spent $150 and was only able to find maybe a third of what I needed.
Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method is very unrealistic for "normal" families. The menu is very unreasonable and actually very unsafe for how hard you will be working out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I likeTracy Anderson's DVDs that I have tried, so I thought the book would be a great accompaniment. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Anne Blythe
I'm frustrated because nowhere does it say no DVD. This book comes with a DVD, or at least it's supposed to!Published 1 month ago by Lonnie Johnson
Her dance cardio is bunk. It is far too hard on the joints and so I find her assertion that running is bad ludicrous. That said these moves work. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
First, let me say that I have been using Tracy's "Metamorphosis" DVD series with very good results. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Sara M
Book is easy to read, and has some great recipes in the back. The exercises provide enough information and photos to figure out what you need to do. Read morePublished 11 months ago by krf518
I borrowed this book from library to see how it works for me. I did it for 30 days without any meal plan, and I have lost 10 pounds so far. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Penguin