Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

on January 29, 2010
The glass tube of the bulb is more squared than the one that I replaced (which had a more rounded end), but it fit the lamp properly. My lamp has a dimmer and the dimmer continued to work properly with this replacement bulb.
on June 4, 2011
I suspect there's a reason for the cheap price of this bulb. I very much doubt it is a full spectrum bulb. The light is "icier," and unlike the original light, it doesn't cast a bluish tinted light that you can see at night. The light also doesn't feel as comfortable for reading.

If it isn't full spectrum, the description on the packaging is extremely deceptive. It says it's a replacement for a variety of sunlight lamps, but it doesn't say anywhere that it is actually a full spectrum light. Even more deceptive, it shows a full spectrum rainbow bar, but in small script, it refers only to the light savings compared to a regular light bulb.

If having a full spectrum light is important to you, I don't think you'll be satisfied with this light.
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2011
This is an inexpensive replacement for my desk lamp. Bulb is bright and works well. However, it is definitely not the Sunlight spectrum that the original was. This is just white fluorescent.

I don't mind too much. Its just a desk lamp.
on August 8, 2010
In order to fit my Verilux lamp, I had to use a file to remove the side of two tabs on the base of the bulb. It only took about 10 minutes, but initially it was impossible to get the bulb into the lamp. After this small operation, the bulb fit fine and it works great. I think it was worth the $15 savings compared to the bulb from Verilux. Sorry I can't include a photo.
on March 9, 2011
the bulb did not work. contacted seller, more than once, to inform of the problem because it says you cant return without the authorization number. I never received a response. Still have the defective bulb sitting here.
on January 6, 2009
I did not know if I had ordered the correct light bulbs and this merchant was very helpful and my purchase was successful. I will order from this merchant again.
on February 15, 2012
This replacement blub is significantly shorter than the original and did not reach the clip in the lamp so when the lamp got bumped the bulb fell out and broke. I would go with the somewhat more expensive original next time.
on August 3, 2010
The bulb arrived in a timely fashion, but was defective and didn't work. After notifying the seller, they refunded my money without question. I would defintely do business with them again.
on April 11, 2010
Needed a replacement bulb for one accidently broken in my lamp. This one worked very well, although I thought the shipping/handling was a little too much.
on February 10, 2012
This replacement is identical in size to one I have in my original Lights of America lamp. I didn't realize it until I put a second lamp on my desk, but over time they lose their brightness. This replacement lamp is much better than the original and when used on my desk with the other lamp of the same type, the light distributes nicely and evenly.

I have come to strongly believe that when the two lamps are on together they have a sort of therapeutic effect. I don't consider myself as a person affected at all by SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), but I have come to believe that this type of lighting is superior and permits me to work longer with less mental fatigue than using other types of lights.

There is a large window above my desk, so sunlight is not an issue. Also I live in an area where we get lots of blue sky all year long. Even so, I have become convinced that these lights have a secondary benefit, which is as I said, to permit one to work at a desk with less eye and mental fatigue.