5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Requirement
I needed a very tall lamp to light a dark corner of my cubical. I figured a floor lamp would have to do. I knew it would be upto 12 inches too tall. It came in pieces that easily fit together. By leaving one section out I was able to lower the light to the right height. Now my plant and I get the light we need.
Published on November 21, 2009 by Tomahawk

1.0 out of 5 stars Sunlight Lamp Flawed.
Published on April 13, 2010 by Thomas H. Denison

1.0 out of 5 stars Sunlight Lamp Flawed., April 13, 2010
Thomas H. Denison (Mound Minnesota United States) - See all my reviews
I have owned two of these lamps, the first one lasted over a year before it quit working, I thought it was just a fluke that it quit working so I order a second lamp. The second lamp quit working after only three weeks. Yes, I did check the bulbs, the problem seems to be with the circuit board located in the base. The seller said that they had three other lamps that stop working in the same week that I called. I did get a refund for the second lamp. It is my belief that there is a manufacturing flaw in the circuit boards. That is to bad because I really liked this lamp when it worked. If I could locate the manufacturer I would see if I could could get a replacement circuit board,

1.0 out of 5 stars Sunshine Lamps, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Trademark Global 72-0820 Sunlight Floor Lamp 5 Feet - Trademark Home Collection (Tools & Home Improvement)
The Transformer in the lamp base will eventually burn out. No matter what you pay. $25 to $200.
I have owned more than several desk and floor sunshine lamps, various brand names, or no name brands.
What I have learned about Floor sunshine lamps.
Do not raise the gooseneck part of the lamp where the bulb is located. That can shorten the life of the lamp.
Read the warnings with the instructions in the lamp box.
Never use a Timer, or an X10 attachment on a Sunshine lamp.
A timer will short out the Transformer.
Probably also try to avoid a surge protector on the lamp. Plug into a wall.
What these manufacturers should do is have a removable replacement transformer that snaps into the base of the lamp after the transformer burns out.
I own a florescent lamp which is over 60 years old, and the transformer in the base of lamp is replaceable. I replaced the transformer several times.
(Made in the USA).
The sunshine lamp may last a year, or maybe if you are lucky 2 or 3 years. A lamp I purchased from LampsUSA did last over 2 years.
Amazon.com, COSTCO (used to sell) a lamp called LIGHTS OF AMERICA, Sun light lamp.
Get that particular brand of sunshine lamp. Yes it is a desk lamp. But the desk lamp, and floor lamp use the same 27W bulb and offer the same stream of light.
Lights of America Sun light lamp last almost forever. I owned one that lasted over 7 years (bought in COSTCO). The neck eventually broke from unknown causes. The lamp cost about the same as other sunshine desk lamps. But the quality is one thousand percent better.
As for Sunshine Floor Lamps I would rate all of them 1 star. Does not matter if the Trade Mark Brand or some other.
I wish the manufacturers would indicate what is the expected life of the floor and desk lamps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Requirement, November 21, 2009
Tomahawk (Pacific Nortwest USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with floor lamp, August 26, 2009
I'm pleased with the lamp. Assembly was straightforward and the cost was reasonable. While the lamp is advertised as 5', it is more like 48 to 52 inches when the lamphead is bent for reading. For someone 5'8" it is quite acceptable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunlight lamp-great!, August 30, 2010
I bought this lamp in early March, 2009 because I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I need to be under the 6500Kelvin watt light for at least an hour and a half a day during the long winters we have up north. I found this lamp to be exceptional! It really pulled me through the rest of 2009 and 2010 winter seasons. I also use it daily because it is bright enough to read under in the darkened areas of our home. It is great for doing close-up work because of its luminesce. I have had no problem with the lamp itself and have never replaced a part or bulb as of yet. I simply love it and am getting one for my husband!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work at all., September 22, 2010
Angela McCormick (Colorado Rockies above Boulder) - See all my reviews
After debating over this product vs. Ott-light and Verilux floor lamps, I decided to go with this one due to the several positive reviews and the low price point. I should've known better, as this product was one in which you get what you pay for! The lamp was packaged cheaply and the construction seemed flimsy. The poles would not screw together easily. I could put up with all that for the price I paid, but the true test came to see what the light was like. To my dismay, it never worked, not even for a second! As a previous reviewer said, I think the base is flawed.

I returned it immediately and purchased the Verilux floor lamp, with which I am much happier, even though it is twice the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lamp, November 23, 2009
I can't believe how great this "natural light" lamp is for the price. I was really worried because it is extremely inexpensive compared to other similar lamps. It will not light up your entire room, but is great for reading, doing crafts etc. You may need another person to help you put it together but it's pretty easy. I hate ordering stuff in the mail, but this was well worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars disaster, September 22, 2010
I bought this to replace a similar lamp (same bulb but two light levels)that I had for more than six years. Then I began having trouble with my telephone land line. The phone company came and couldn't find the source of the terrible sound until he moved the lamp. It had been 5 feet from the phone and it was moved another 5 feet away. Seems the lamp (even when off) generated an EMF electromagnetic field and I was sitting between it and the phone.
Scary stuff. It was returned (the first time I have returned anything to Amazon). Headaches gone.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you want white light, this is it, April 16, 2010
I just wanted a second light for my son's room and I got this because I was attracted by the word "sunlight". As advertised, it is easy to put together. But when I turned it on, the contrast with my other lamp was significant. I never realized how yellow my other room lamps were until this one was turned on next to them. On the positive side, you can see true color with the white light so it would be good for craft work of any kind, plus my son likes it. On the negative side, the bulb is unique and I suspect may be difficult to find and it isn't a very attractive unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for even 5 minutes!, March 19, 2012
I ordered this lamp to put over my sewing table to brighten up the corner it is in and help me to see. The package arrived on time, in great condition. My son put it together for me and turned it on, worked fine. As I wasn't going to use it then we turned it right back off and I didn't use it for a couple of weeks. A few nights ago I was all set to do some sewing, turned the lamp on and within 2 minutes it was blinking on and off, I switched it off and it has not worked since. Very frustrating and now I see that amazon says I have to pay the shipping to send it back and will get a 'partial' refund, that is just wrong.
I love ordering through amazon and have a prime membership so we can get free shipping on our orders. Now, I am stuck with a lamp that according to the other posts here won't work even if I get a new bulb unit for it. Very frustrating Amazon!

Rate and Discover Movies