Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Trader Joe's Complete Body Cleanse
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 24, 2014
Tips:

1) Buy directly from a Trader Joe's for only $12.99, not inc. tax.
2) Be prepared to poop like crazy the first few days.
3) You'd better like taking horse pills--they are HUGE.

I would highly recommend you start this on a Friday night so that you have the weekend to figure out your stomach's reaction to these pills. The fiber pills alone literally had me pooping once every hour or two for the first two days (I was fine sleeping throughout the night, however). Either you stay home or you make sure you're incredible friends with your co-workers.

The Digestive Formula Pills that are to be taken at night are labeled as LAXATIVES on the box, so add more poop to your already big pile from the previous day. These were too big for me to swallow, and I initially tried grinding them in a mortar and pestle (prob. a no-no) and hiding them in food (this does not work with liquids or cold food. It's okay sprinkled onto hot food, but read the next sentence). The taste was disgusting, and by the 5th day I simply could not tolerate them. Which was fine, because for the rest of the cleanse I was still having about 10 bowel movements a day from the fiber pills alone, which I figured was enough cleansing for my stomach.

I did not lose weight, but I did continue to eat potatoes (which I love), which it clearly says NOT to eat while on this cleanse, and drink coffee. One thing that came out of this cleanse is that I'm now completely dairy and gluten-free (alas, not potato-free), because it did make me more aware of what I was eating, if you're into that stuff. Definitely would not pay the jacked-up Amazon price if you can avoid it, but I suppose this kit would be a good way to jumpstart your clean eating habits. Definitely not good for pill-phobes, as you need to take a ton of pills both AM and PM. And, considering the amount of bowel movements I had, I do believe this product "cleaned" me out, even if I gave up on the Laxatives after the first 5 days.
on May 29, 2014
If you read the small letters that are in the box which tell you what foods to avoid and if you work out, this product will be worth it. I ate anything and only worked out twice while taking them and lost five pounds. Also, not all of the capsules were in my jars. The last day, I either was missing or needed more.
on June 10, 2016
Honestly, the poo that came out of my bum hole was incredible; possibly the length of a boa constrictor or a giraffe's neck.

After my first day of downing these horse-sized tablets, things began-a-rumblin'. Before the day was through I had been to the toilet THRICE! The final expedition deserved a medal. I was so impressed with my 'release' that I summoned in my wife and neighbours to the bathroom to witness the length of my gift. They stared, eyes wide, down the porcelain to witness what could have only been described as a chocolate arm. Everest in it's peak, I decided to climb to the top and place a flag firmly on the whispy brown curl. Everyone took photos and I immediately called The Guinness Book of Records.

Thank you Trader Joes, I am now a record breaker.
on March 20, 2012
This is a great, low cost digestive cleanse. One treatment, and you can do it every 3 months, stopped my IBS so it was wholly worth it.

One note is that this is only $12.99 at Trader Joes.
on April 11, 2014
This cleanse was $12.99 at Trader Joe's! As one reviewer has stated, this is a lot of capsules, but it is worth it! It made my bowel movements more sticky (guess it's getting the gunk out), and my acne cleared! Awesome, I will be purchasing this again.
on February 5, 2016
Bought this at trader joes for about $13.00
I learned to really change my eating habits. The pills are huge and I did have difficulty at times however I think it was worth it. My IBS symptoms have disappeared , I felt I had much more energy and helped me sleep at night.
Only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because I was short a few pills. There's is not enough for the full 14 days.
on April 20, 2015
This product works great
on January 10, 2014
My husband and I have used this body cleanse on 3 different occasions, and we really like it. We are very strict with our eating habits during the two week cleanse period and follow the suggestions listed on the box. We eat lots of veggies, fruit, lean protein (chicken/fish) and that's about it while abstaining from caffeine, sugar, dairy, alcohol, wheat/grains and anything processed. Anyone who follows a clean diet like this after two weeks will have some positive results, and the pills are an added bonus. The pills you take during the two weeks compliment the cleansing due to the fiber and other supplements included.

We try to do this cleanse quarterly or whenever we need to kick start some good eating habits (i.e. after holidays). The cleanse really helps us get in a positive mindset about a clean diet, and the time frame is manageable because it's only two weeks. The pills really help me with my digestive tract and regularity, and they also help me to remain mentally committed to the healthy, clean eating habits for the two week term. We've found it's much easier to continue a healthy routine after being strictly committed for the two week period; good habits start to form with repetition!

If you purchase this product and don't change your eating habits, you're not taking full advantage of the cleanse and results will be minimal to nonexistent! The healthy eating is a must with this cleanse and of course exercise will only increase your results. I always feel awesome after taking the cleanse, and it's a great way to shed a few pounds (or more depending on your size). The product is only about $13 if you buy it directly from a Trader Joe's store.
on March 7, 2015
Great
on July 24, 2014
I believe the first time I tried this cleanse was in 2007 and I have always got better results from this one than any of the others I've ever used.