5.0 out of 5 stars Acne be gone!
I have used this product for 3 months now. I live in Arizona and my skin is either dry to normal/oily based on the season. Generally, I have lovely skin, but when that "time" comes around I get HUGE cystic pimples (2-3 at a time). They are extremely painful and last for a week or more.

Since I have been using this product (once a day in the shower) I have...
Published on May 21, 2012 by AdoretheSP

3.0 out of 5 stars Similar to Dessert Essence
This face wash has a horrible smell and will sting your eyes...so beware. Using without a face moisturizer will definitely dry out your face. I prefer Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser as it is gentler on my skin and has resulted in fewer breakouts.
Published 8 months ago by Ryan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Acne be gone!, May 21, 2012
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)

Since I have been using this product (once a day in the shower) I have had exactly one cystic pimple. I now swear by this product and strongly suggest that you give it a try as well...and for around $5 a bottle, what have you got to lose?

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
To preface... I have VERY sensitive, acne-prone skin... This product is awesome! I used it for the first time about a year ago and liked that it cleaned my face well, it wasn't drying, improved the overall tone of my skin, and helped with breakouts (rarely have issues now). I don't live by a Trader Joe's anymore, and when I ran out of this stuff my skin instantly broke out. I tried a few of my old washes.. Neutrogena, Panoxyl, nothing helped... I even tried buying a tea tree face wash from the natural foods store in town, but none of it helped. Thanks to Amazon, I was able to order it! Now I make sure I always have a backup.

Pros
- natural ingredients
- CHEAP, about $5
- works amazing
- leaves skin feeling clean
- doesn't dry it out
- smells good... if you like tea tree oil. I do :)

The ONLY con
- it does burn the heck out of your eyes (I use the Trader Joe's jojoba oil afterwards to remove eye makeup)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact same formula/ingredients as "Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean" face wash, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
This stuff is great for acne and, just as importantly, for simply having a face wash with natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals. I just wanted to let everyone know that Desert Essence and Trader Joe's must have made a deal because the ingredients are exactly the same as Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash Refill, 32-Ounce, 2.5 Bottle, so go with whichever one you can find at a lower price. I bought the 8.5 oz. pump bottle at my local Trader Joe's for about $6. Do that to try it out and then if you like it, get the large 32 oz. refill from Desert Essence and just use it to fill up your pump bottle when you need to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very good!, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
I read an article on stumble upon...was interested so came on amazon to look it up. The article said that it was designed by a man who has made several high end products...article also continued to say this is the same formula as the very over priced products for the a much more resonable price thus is why I wanted to try it. Well worth the try and will reorder. Only con: Is the packageing which I contacted and had made right by amazon. It was not sealed right and leaked on some other items I ordered at the same time. BTW works well with the moisturizers in this same line!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
LOVE THIS STUFF. Makes my face feel so soft and clean. Gentle and natural, definitely recommended, a little goes a long way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for me, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
I've been using this now for 4 weeks. In addition to night sweats and mood swings, at the age of 46 I've developed adult acne. Yay!
I'm highly allergic to noxema type products, and cetaphyl didn't really eliminate the acne. This product does. It smells rather like an antiseptic, and I find I need to use a moisturizer after, but it really helped me. The price is right too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the wash... with a reservation, March 7, 2014
Plantasphilia (Bellevue, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
Trader Joe's products usually have good reputations, with decent ingredients, often near organic. This facial wash is no exception. It has a lot of natural elements, such as essential oils and plant extracts. Tea tree oil is good for oily skin and deep cleansing purpose. You will probably pay more if you purchase similar items from spas or natural stores. I refer to the price at TJ's stores, not necessary on Amazon, since it varies depending on the sellers.

This face wash does have a strong herbal, medicinal smell; personally I don't find it unpleasant. It is mainly from the tea tree essential oil. It doesn't linger after washing; therefore, it should not be a concern if you don't care for the odor.

The reason for 4 not 5 stars: the thin texture. It is quite watery or runny that it is not easy to "apply" to the face in a controlled manner. I usually leave my eye circles alone when washing face. However, due to the thin texture, it tends to drip. In addition, the wash does sting eyes if it gets in, as some customer complained. Therefore, I "make sure" my eyes are closed when using it and rinse it thoroughly.

Other than the texture matter, this face wash deep cleans the skin without over-drying. The tea tree oil generally reduces acne issues and promotes clearer skin. However, it may not for everybody. Stop using it if your skin reacts with irritations or redness, as some customers mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
I've been using this for about a week now and so far I'm am really impressed! I've been struggling with acne for 3 years now and have tried so many products and remedys to get rid of it, I went off and on with acne problems but it never fully went away. Even though my face isn't completely clear yet it is alot better, not as red, and the best part is its not irritated. If you struggle with acne or are just looking for a good cleanser than this is a very good product :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product for acne breakouts!, December 21, 2013
Melissa (Catawissa, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
I have tried everything for my acne breakouts.... everything over-the-counter I could find, mail order products (Proactive, Murad, etc), expensive gizmos like Zeno, and dermatologist visits and prescriptions all with little or no luck. Either they dried out my face too much leading to sore cracked skin and still breakouts, or "sort of" better solutions that didn't keep things clear long enough for the last breakout to heal completely and fade before the next. I have (had now) hormonal breakouts that followed a regular monthly cycle, with minor breakouts throughout the month, they started in my teens and never ended. For about 20 years I've tried everything with no success.....until this. It may not be advertised as an acne "medicine" face wash, but it has made all the difference for me. It didn't dry me out like Salicylic acid or benzoylperoxide products, but it cleared my skin.....and it has stayed clear for over a month now. I couldn't be happier with my purchase... for the first time on over 20 years I leave my house without concealer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 25, 2013
J. McCullough (Leesburg, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trader Joe's SPA Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil (Misc.)
This product works great! I'm 30 and still get pimples. Using this has greatly reduced my gross face issues! I used to use abrasive cleansers but now I just use this in the morning and at night. You only need to use a very tiny amount, like 1/4 pump should do it. Then lather it up and go to work.

So far so good!