Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS Lite Polar White forum

Trading DS Lite for another color

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2008 9:31:44 AM PDT
A.Wells says:
I know there are some great new colors out there. I got a white DS lite for my birthday, two months later they released the red and black DS. So you can imagine how frustrated I was that as soon as I got a plain white DS Lite , they release a new color. Then later came the cobalt blue and metallic pink. I was so excited when the cobalt blue came out because blue is my favorite color. So I went to gamestop and asked how much will it cost to trade my white DS for a blue DS. They said it would cost 40 to 60 dollars! I came to my senses IMMEDIATELY. I can see if it was 5 to 15 dollars, but 40 to 60 dollars! Thats insane! So my question is, why are people willing to pay that kind of money just for a different color when all colors do the same damn thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 9:38:22 AM PDT
JMB says:
I can only speak for myself but I completely agree with you about trading in a DS for a different color. However I bought the NDS White recently and I love it's being white. The other colors where cool, and the metallic rose looks good, but I just love the white one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 11:00:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 18, 2011 11:25:34 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 11:00:43 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 16, 2008 11:01:09 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 12:14:38 PM PDT
A.Wells says:
I'm so glad to see that other people agree with me. I can't believe people would spend that kind of money for a different color. Don't they realize that they're being cheated? People can be such fools with there money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 9:26:02 PM PDT
You know there are ways to change the color of an existing DS Lite.

You can get case mods for example. You just take off the old DS Lite Case and put on the new one. These only cost about thirty bucks and are pretty easy to do. You just wait a year for the warranty to expire.

There are also skins that offer more options. http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,211.htm

Trading in a system for a new color is just butkiss when you got low cost options.

Even the wii you can get differant colors already such as Chrome or Transparent.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2008 1:30:06 PM PDT
If color is your only consideration, buy a $3.00 roll of masking tape, a $5.00 can of adhesion promoter, & a $5.00 can of K*$|# Plastic Paint (it bonds at molecular level).
Tape off what you want to leave 'stock' & go to town! Create your own paint scheme, be the envy of every middle school kid who sees your DS!
(This from a middle-aged guy who bought one for Flash Focus & Brain Age!)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 7:56:53 AM PST
Debi says:
The colors are kind of overrated IMO. I got the blue and really it's just the top that is blue, the rest is black. I bought a blue flame skin and it dresses it up really nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2008 2:07:15 AM PST
Just get a DS wrap. It won't matter what color it is, you get to decide.... it could be orange or yellow, striped or camo...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009 10:46:26 PM PDT
Raspberry says:
Now that I want to see photos of. Not a half bad idea.

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 12:51:43 PM PDT
Robin says:
I have a set of decal skins for mine from Skinit: http://www.skinit.com/index.php
The Skinit decals are really high quality. I've got one for my DS and one for my digital camera.

You can also send yours into Colorware and have them completely customize the colors of every component: http://www.colorwarepc.com/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about