Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 19, 2009
The TCM Diagnosis Study Guide is definetly one for your bookshelf. This book makes a wonderful companion to other books on diagnosis, as it is an excellent resource for further study. The diagrams, summaries and charts make it an absolute necessity if you are more of a visual learner.

The inclusion of "questions and answers for deeper insight" at the end of each section provide just that, deeper understanding of the concepts presented. The 200 question multiple choice test at the end of the book (answer key provided) will definetly help you to see how well you understand the material.

I have done a lot of research into books on TCM, and I have found these 3 are the best to use in conjunction:

1- Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnosis Study Guide
2- Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Volume I Diagnosis and Treatment
3- Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Vol.II Materia Medica & Herbal Ref

These 3 books make a wonderful "home study" course.
on February 1, 2009
This book is complete and full of explanations. Ideal for identifing the patterns of TCM. Only one miss : meridian diagnosis and eight extra meridians diagnosis... But this manual is more herb oriented.
on February 23, 2013
A TCM practitioner once told me that the highest level of TCM diagnosis requires an encyclopedic mind. Visual inspection, smelling, asking and palpating are the only "tools" that a TCM practiitioner has. This book is divided into 4 main parts. What to look out for? What to ask the patient? What smells to detect? What do the different kinds of pulses indicate?

Through all these diagnostic methods, the practitioner should be able to get a coherent picture of the syndrome that is affecting the patient. This book has accurate information, very well-presented with numerous tables and flow charts. But make no mistake, TCM diagnosis is anything but straightforward. Understanding the concepts and remembering the diagnostic reasoning in this book requires a lot of commitment. Definitely an essential text for any serious student of TCM.
on July 4, 2013
I liked this book on first read and still do....lots of material presented in a useful way.
Exceptional reference resource, I find I use it more and more.
on February 23, 2015
I was hoping to have some sample diagnosis cases as a whole but it just explains stuff per category. The exam would had been better if there was some case scenario to actually try out if I did learn something from the book. Good as a theory base but don't expect too much out of it.
on June 12, 2012
This book, like most TCM theories, has many of the essential ideas neatly outlined within it and it makes a great text for students to learn with, but make sure that you make up your own mind about the content because I know that I had a few discrepencies, but that is just personal preference rather than incorrect information. All in all, it is a book that helped me survive a semester of college and if you're ever after an insight into basic TCM theory, the only other book I would turn to is Giovanni.
on April 16, 2013
This is a good summary, easy to understand the concepts and memorize the paterns. The book is also include the examination that can help me to review the knowledges. Thanks
on July 5, 2015
Straightforward. Very understandable. Calls things out clearly that would be buried under statements of fact in other textbooks. I really find this useful. Worth the investment.
on June 5, 2013
excellent study material. Concise and clear, helped me to understand tcm, I will definately recommend it to people who study TCM
on November 27, 2014
Overall this is a good book that explains many mysteries of TCM.

There are a few things that are not exactly correct...I know this because I asked my teacher (PhD in TCM) who is very knowledgable.

I would still highly recommend this book.