5.0 out of 5 stars INFORMATIVE BUT EASY TO UNDERSTAND
Published on October 24, 2000 by Christopher A. Heath

2.0 out of 5 stars Content good, poor quality material, page missing
The information is important and appreciated, but I am very disappointed in the material quality of the book. The cover is attractive, but the pages are printed on cheap paper. I'm hesitant to use a highlighter, for fear that the ink will absorb through to the next page. The illustrations for the Qigong exercises, so emphasized as an important part of the protocol, are...
Published 8 months ago by Judy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars INFORMATIVE BUT EASY TO UNDERSTAND, October 24, 2000
Christopher A. Heath (Shallotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional Chinese Medicine: A Woman's Guide to Healing from Breast Cancer (Paperback)
I STARTED GOING TO A TRADITIONAL CHINESE PRACTIONER IN MARCH 2000. SOME OF THE TERMS SHE USED DID NOT MEAN MUCH TO ME. SHE RECOMENDED A BOOK TO ME BUT IT WAS SOMETIME HARD TO READ AND UNDERSTAND. I WAS LOOKING FOR A TCM BOOK SPECIFIC FOR BREAST CANCER. I FOUND THIS BOOK AND VERY STRONGLY RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE THAT WANT TO INCORPARATE TCM IN THEIR TREATMENT. DR LU EXPLAIN THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF TCM IN LAYMAN'S TERM. NOW WHEN I GO IN FOR MY TCM SESSION, I UNDERSTAND MORE OF WHAT MY PRACTIONER IS TELLING ME. AN EXCELLENT BOOK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get to the root cause of breast cancer, May 24, 2001
By A Customer
I had breast cancer on the same breast twice, in 1983 and again in 3/2001. I want to find the root cause as I do not want it to happen again. I find the book easy to read and understand. I will start the Wu Ming Meridian Therapy which seems easy to do. I will also start to take the healing food and herb listed in the book. Thank you Dr. Lu for helping me to heal. If I had a book like this in 1983, I probably would not have breast cancer again in March 2001. I have been recommending this book to other breast cancer survivers at my support group.

5.0 out of 5 stars This information packed book makes TCM very accessible., October 10, 1999
By A Customer
I am very impressed with the depth of information presented. More importantly, I understand how I can apply this information to my daily life so that I can have greater health. I found the fabulous section on foods and herbs that have healing qualities fascinating. I've tried the qigong movements that are described in the book. They are easy, take only a few minutes a day, are not strenuous and give me a general feeling of well-being. I think that this is a book that every woman should read, whether or not she is concerned about breast cancer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional Chinese Medicine: A Woman's Guide to Healing fro, April 14, 2002
Dr. Nan Lu, extensively trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), founded and developed The Breast Cancer Prevention Project. He is also a founding director of the Traditional Chinese Medicine World Foundation, Inc., and is involved in SHARE, a self-help organization for women with breast and ovarian cancer. He is also a Qigong master and martial arts champion.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine: A Woman's Guide to Healing from Breast Cancer, Dr. Lu describes how ancient TCM techniques can help prevent, treat, and aid recovery from breast cancer. He emphasizes throughout the book that "TCM is dedicated to helping the individual treat the source and not the symptoms of his or her problem."
Dr. Lu presents lots of general information about TCM, natural laws, and Qi, repeating that "everything has a connection and everything has an effect on every other thing." He then applies those principles specifically to breast cancer. He says that "headaches, stomachaches, PMS, or menstrual irregularities. . .are not normal conditions for a healthy body." He regards them as symptoms that should be heeded, to prevent future difficulties.
TCM can be used in many simple ways. For example, doing a monthly breast exam is a source of stress for many women, because it focuses their thoughts on having breast cancer. Dr. Lu recommends "telling yourself instead, that wherever you touch, you are sending in healing energy to protect that location so that you will never have breast cancer." He includes many other ways to conserve, increase, and use the natural healing energy each human possesses.
The healing information is presented in a way that allows each woman to customize the techniques to fit her own needs. All the techniques are compatible with modern medicine and may be used in conjunction with other treatments.
Dr. Lu says that "many of the self-healing techniques I've talked about can help keep your organs working in harmony." Bodies that are in harmony and balanced do not suffer from physical problems, including cancer.
The Woman's Guide to Healing from Breast Cancer is a valuable reference for everyone, regardless of age, sex, or current physical condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars The information in this book is incredibly useful and helpfu, November 12, 1999
By A Customer
Wow! I real page turner. I learned so much information about my body, and now feel more empowered over my body's health. I think this book is a must read for bay area women since we have the highest rates of breast cancer nationaly. I really apprecailted the combination of male and female authors and eastern-western perspectives this book offered.

5.0 out of 5 stars informative, compassionate and encouraging, October 22, 1999
By A Customer
This book is for anyone who wants to participate in their own healing. A whole new world of information is provided in an organized an easy to understand format. This is the book that demystifies Traditional Chinese Medicine for us here in the west. It is written with hope and compassion for all women dealing with breast cancer. Most of the information available to women in this country is about how to get rid of the cancer. Dr. Lu teaches us the many ways in which to strengthen mind and body to prevent breast cancer from developing and to prevent it's return. This book is a beautiful roadmap to healing. Many thanks, Dr. Lu.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was thorough, simple, and heart felt, November 2, 1999
By A Customer
I am a chiropractic student and I was pleased to see a non medical approach to breast cancer. It was very informative,and it is something I can use as a tool in my office for patient information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, October 20, 2006
C. Yi (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I read this book because someone gave it to my mother while she was undergoing chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. It changed my life. It is really not limited to breast cancer, it teaches women's health in general. There are lists of everyday foods in the back of the book as well as receipes that have really helped my physical symptoms. I would recommend it to ALL women.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of knowledge., October 6, 1999
By A Customer
This is a book that's a real eye opener. For anyone who either knows of someone with breast cancer or has breast cancer, this is a book that should be read. Dr. Lu has a great ability to tie in Traditional Chinese Medicine with the Western world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Empowering, February 23, 2006
A Kid's Review
This book gave me information which would improve my breast care, and not only that by doing the exercises daily it would and has improved my energy. I recommend this book to ALL women.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›