5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dryer
Published on February 4, 2012 by packer backer

3.0 out of 5 stars Hair and lint stay on clothes and in dryer
We just bought this dryer about 2 weeks ago and for the most part I agree with the positive points mentioned in the other reviews: dryness sensor works well, 'wrinkle guard' feature is great, I like the pull down door. Overall a good inexpensive dryer.

Published 17 months ago by wearyconsumer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dryer, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Traditional Electric Dryer with AccuDryTM Drying System
I am very happy with this dryer so far. Clothes are always dry when I remove them from the dryer. Previous Kenmore that we owned left clothes damp even with the control set to very dry. Also, if you leave the clothes in after drying cycle is done it will periodically rotate the drum to keep from getting wrinkles. We have the gas version of this dryer and it works really fast, even with a large load of clothes they are done in about 30 minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful features built in, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Traditional Electric Dryer with AccuDryTM Drying System
Like many other people, I usually research major purchases before I buy. This Whirlpool dryer was highly rated among the sites I visited and the price was very competitive for the feature set. Delivery was as expected and I was called in advance to let me know when it would arrive. I had no trouble connecting it and found that It has worked quietly and effectively so far. It has all the usually-recommended features, like dryness sensor, end of cycle buzzer and a 'wrinkle guard' feature (it tumbles the clothes every so often after they are dry while the dryer is waiting for you to come and retrieve your clothes). All these are options you can adjust yourself. There are other 'built in' features that I appreciate as well. I like its large capacity for clothes. It has easily accommodated every load i have put into it. I also like the size and placement of the lint filter. It is rather large and long and is accessible from the top of the unit. Unlike other dryers I have had, I never have any trouble cleaning all the lint out of the filter and I have not (up til now) ever seen the filter overloaded with lint. I also appreciate that the door opens 'down'. This allows me to have additional surface area I can use when I am both putting in or taking out clothes. Of course these features are matters of personal taste but I have found them quite useful. The entire experience has been very satisfactory!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hair and lint stay on clothes and in dryer, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Traditional Electric Dryer with AccuDryTM Drying System

But I am giving a three star rating due to my extreme disappointment regarding the lint filter. One of the reviewers points out that she has never seen the filter overloaded with lint. This is exactly the problem - the lint stays in the dryer and on the clothes!

This may be partly due to the fact that the fins on the inside of the drum are plastic, instead of metal. I find lots of lint and hair clinging to the plastic from static. It's possible using softener sheets in the dryer would eliminate the problem, but I don't like using chemical sheets and never had to with my old dryer.

I have several cats and the lint filter on my old GE dryer was always packed with cat hair and I even would use the dryer to de-fur stuff from time to time.

After using the new dryer a few times I was surprised to see how little cat hair was captured in the filter, so I inspected the drum, and lo and behold, the interior of the dryer was full of hair and fuzz! Now I know to clean it after a load, but what a pain, and there is still lots of cat hair left on clothes after drying. Not good!

The lint filter was below the door in my old unit - I wonder if the position of the filter in this machine makes it less effective. I really don't like the fact it is on top of the dryer - I tend to leave things on the dryer and it's a bother to move everything to clean the filter. Although the way this thing filters, I only have to clean it every 3rd to 6th load.

Luckily we are going to convert to gas soon, so I will be able to replace this dryer with another model. Any recommendations for good dryers (and washers) for pet owners?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good "old school" clothes dryer; could do better at getting lint off clothes, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Traditional Electric Dryer with AccuDryTM Drying System
After reading hundreds of complaints in regards to front load washers and dryers reliability, not to mention price, my wife and I decided to stay "old school" with the traditional steel top load washer and flip-down-front-load dryer. As we recently moved, our old dryer was gas and the new house had no provisions or cheap way to retrofit the electric-only hookup. In addition, I wanted to keep the same style as the washer because I'm anal retentive about things matching. This dryer was the closest thing that would match our washer (the dark grey paint color has lightened on the new models). So far, I've found it to heat and dry the clothes better than any previous electric dryer I've ever used (owned or laundromat). The only complaint is that it doesn't seem to get all the lint like our Whirlpool gas dryer did - maybe its because this is a slightly larger capacity. However, it's an inconvenience, as small as it may be, and should be noted (as someone else has). Another gripe, but we purchased knowing that it didn't have the feature is the inability to use a drying rack.

Please note that with any electric dryer, you'll need to purchase and install an electrical cord that matches your house hookup and a dryer vent hose if you don't already have one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Traditional Electric Dryer with AccuDryTM Drying System
Overall, I have been very pleased with this dryer. It dries clothes much more quickly than our old dryer did. It is not fancy, but it is very practical-has everything I need without a bunch of bells and whistles to break. It is not extremely quiet when operating, but it is not terribly noisy either. For a mid priced dryer, I am very pleased.

I do not know if this is typical or not because, to be honest, I have only purchased one other dryer in my life, but this dryer did not come with a power cord. We had to buy that separately because we gave our old one away with our old dryer.

1.0 out of 5 stars What an ordeal!, September 4, 2012
This review is from: Traditional Electric Dryer with AccuDryTM Drying System
What a mistake ordering a major appliance from the internet!! My dryer arrived earlier than anticipated but unbeknownst to me, it needed a electric cord, a dryer vent and various clips and mounts that I had to purchase separately at a hardware store. Then, I hired an electrician to hook it up only to be told by him, that it is a defective machine. After numerous phone calls to amazon.com, the delivery service and then Whirlpool, they would not replace without have a tech out to look at it. The Whirlpool guy seemed to repair the problem (drum was damaged in delivery) but now I feel that I'm stuck with a repaired machine that was defective instead of brand new working appliance. I have been without a washer and dryer for 6 weeks (the washer took FOREVER to get delivered)and I'm desperate enough to keep it but what a lesson learned: should of made a bee line to Home Depot or another appliance place and could have avoided a lot of headaches, phone calls, my valuable time it takes to leave work and receive appliance, meet the Whirlpool tech, etc. etc.

Rate and Discover Movies