5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use
This was just like it was described. I have not made it all the way through because it is a self paced class. No ripped pages or excessive writing. It was not the book for my class but I am able to follow along and I saved a lot of money.
Published 14 months ago by Illyaya

3.0 out of 5 stars REQUIRED TEXTBOOK BUT DISORGANIZED & CONFUSING LAYOUT
Published on February 19, 2012 by Tricia P.

3.0 out of 5 stars REQUIRED TEXTBOOK BUT DISORGANIZED & CONFUSING LAYOUT, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Traditions & Encounters: A Brief Global History (Paperback)
This textbook is required for the HIS 103 & 104 classes at Ashford University, so a review is probably not going to matter. I found the layout of the book not only disorganized, but confusing as well, because you really have to search the chapters for the information to answer the assignments and sometimes the answers contradicted each other. I also felt that the information did not go into as much depth as I would have liked it to and just skimmed the details. As a student, you don't have a choice in your textbooks, but I personally wouldn't recommend this book as a useful learning tool, although it did help that the first half of the book was used for HIS 103 and the second half was used for HIS 104, keeping me from shelling out additional money for a second book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, November 26, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, November 13, 2013
I ordered this book and they told me it was the wrong book that I needed the Ashford copy but when I got the Ashford copy it was the same as this copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, September 19, 2013
David A. (Lexington, VA USA) - See all my reviews
A very involved and interesting textbook. Very useful to both students and teachers alike. A must-buy for any high school or college class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money buying books at school!, February 25, 2013
I think I paid like 10$ for this book and it was exactly the same as the one at my school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditions & Encounters, July 4, 2009
An excellent book. It covers so many time periods. This is a book I will definitely keep even after class is over. It is so interesting to read how things and ways of life used to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 23, 2014
It was great for my class

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 3, 2011
I needed this book for a course I am taking. My voucher did not come in on time and my book arrived right on time. The price was great and the condition of the book was better than I expected. This was my first time buying a used book online and my first experience was an excellent one. Very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditions and Encounters, February 8, 2009
I really enjoy this text. The price was reasonable. The condition is good and the shipping was quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, February 19, 2009
J. Carter (San Rafael, CA) - See all my reviews
This book came to me in excellent condition and quickly. I would definitely buy from this seller again.

Traditions & Encounters: A Brief Global History
Traditions & Encounters: A Brief Global History by Heather Streets Salter (Paperback - September 21, 2006)
$100.90
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.