Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 16, 2013
I am writing from Ireland. See my review on Amazon.co.uk. The one star for this brilliant show is for the appalling picture quality on region 2. This is presented in full 16.9 format in region 2 except the pilot. Not elasticated 4.3 stretched to fill the screen but the real 16.9 deal. I have only watched 6 episodes. Hopefully the picture quality will improve.
I can honestly say that this is the worst picture quality I have ever seen on a DVD disk.
I believe the US versions of seasons 1-5 are presented in 4.3. I need to know what the US versions are like compared to the dreadful region 2 disks. I'm aware that seasons 6-7 were produced in the 16.9 format and filmed in HD. Hopefully the last two seasons will be available on Blu-Ray soon. There is no hope for seasons 1-5 if the SD picture quality is anything to go by.

The picture quality can only be described as watching a copied VHS tape.

Your input on the region 1 disks will be appreciated.

Yours,

The above.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
Even great shows usually spend their first season finding their feet. Season 2 of Malcolm in the Middle is when this show really began to hit its stride. TV rarely has characterization as strong as MitM and humor that holds up so well from episode to episode and season to season. Sure to remain a timeless classic.
on January 8, 2012
I wish she could be my babysitter and I was Dewey. I don't know why Melody Perkins isn't in more movies and tv shows. She should be in all of them. I'd marry her in a heartbeat. I don't know how she'd feel about being my babysitter though. She'd probably be weirded out. ;-)
on February 19, 2013
No better way to celebrate the childhood memories of being an American. This is American suburb living 101 with a twist. I like this show because it's a real, accurate, living example of a middle class American family.
on November 23, 2014
The DVD I bought will not work on DVD drives in the US. A special player is needed. I am highly disappointed the company didn't disclose this. I waited 2 weeks, was charged $24 for nothing.
on March 29, 2013
Can't get enough. Everyone a real comedy. The very first minute of each show is priceless. Be careful you are going to have to watch them all and love every minute of it.
on February 12, 2013
One of the best series ever made and fun to watch with your kid because it is so reflective of parent and kid interactions in a hilarious and good natured way.
on February 28, 2013
I love this show, it is halirious! I love how much this mirrors my family and childhood. I love how absurd and right on the observations are.
on March 5, 2013
This show is fantastic! Constant laughs, every cast member does a great job, there are no shows on air now that come even close.
on March 25, 2013
Subtle humor. There is not a weak episode! Plus, my kids love it. It is much better than most of what is on TV today.