5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our secial needs son!
This backrest is wonderful! I have had a difficult time building a workable biking system for my 6 year old son with autism. He is able to ride a bike, but unable to understand the rules of the road. The tag-a-long bike was a great solution, but that was only one of our problems.

Published on March 26, 2010 by TrikeTrain

2.0 out of 5 stars Angle all wrong
Bought this to use with the wee-ride, and it lays back so far my son is almost sitting as if in a recliner. Way too far back to be useful, very disappointed.
Published 6 months ago by C. Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our secial needs son!, March 26, 2010
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)

Problem #2: Staying on the bike: This backrest and seatbelt keep him on when we hit a sudden bump while he is daydreaming or when he just wants to put his feet up and get pulled along. Also great for those reluctant school mornings! (otherwise he might just slide off the back!)

Problem #3: Maintaining balance for US!: My son WIGGLES! a lot! and I was scared of keeping our balance if he suddenly leaned to the side.
Solution: I bought an adult tricycle! I needed a bike anyway, so this solved this problem and helped with the next one...

Problem #4: How to bring my 2 year old along too!: Solution: ibert front mounted child seat. My daughter LOVES this seat and so do I. She leads our Trike Train!
iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat

This system is very stable but isn't light! The tricycles with smaller wheels (20") work better for this, although the 26" will work with occasional rubbing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love that it makes my son and myself feel more secure., May 23, 2009
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
We bought this a couple of weeks before my son turned three. It was a great decision! On our first ride my son got nervous when we turned (bibycle leaned). I immediately reminded him that he had a seatbelt on and the nervousness just went away. At first I wondered if just one strap would be enough but it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safety first!, September 12, 2008
Joshua Speer (Oakland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
It looks a little silly but it works!
My son is securely strapped to the trail-a-bike and I have the peace of mind that he isn't going to get bucked off on a pot-hole.
My son actually likes the security: the one time I forgot to buckle it he reminded me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
The trail a bike was a little advanced for a 3 1/2 year old who was too tall for the child seat that I had on my bike but with the back rest both of us feel very secure...we have a check system before we ride...helmet?-check...seat belt?-check...etc...The seat back is easy to use and is a great transition piece for the tall but young trail a bike rider

5.0 out of 5 stars 3yr old's "big Boy" bike, February 25, 2009
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
Bought this for my 3yr old who is too big for a bike seat and not old enough for his own bike. He loves being a "big boy" and going for a ride on his *own* bike. I would highly recomend the optional seat back. It's great since my son isn"t quite coordinated enough to balance on his own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks!, April 16, 2009
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
Our granddaughter that is blind wanted a bike for her birthday. The Copilot was our answer. The backrest made us feel more secure as she learned!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for peace of mind, October 8, 2008
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
My 5 year old is steady and calm on the trail-a-bike with the help of the backrest complete with seatbelt. A great addition to our morning commute!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, August 12, 2013
D. Briggs (Clearfield, UT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
You don't have to use this just with the trail a bike. We love this on the back of our tandem bike for our 9 year old with special needs. Makes it much safer for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Security for tots, April 4, 2010
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
We bought this along with the Trail-A-Bike just before my son turned 3. He was a little nervous getting on a "big bike" after being used to riding his trike around, but being belted in eases his mind. Even though his legs aren't yet long enough to do active pedaling, he enjoys being along on the ride. Especially since there is a playground at the end of our 5 mile route.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i was looking for!!, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Trail-A-Bike Back Rest (Sports)
I bought my daughter the weeride trail a bike...shes 4 1/2 but doesnt fully reach the pedals or the handle bars on it...the seat back rest is PERFECT because i can strap her in and she can sit back or hold the handle bars and not fall off! if i didnt have to back rest w/strap she wouldnt be able to ride as i know she would fall from being too small!! at first when i ordered this i thought it would look weird..but it really doesnt! totally worth the money!!

Trail-A-Bike Back Rest