5.0 out of 5 stars Instant classic
Train is one of those rare treats that appeals to both our train-obsessed son and to us, his keepers. The book captures the wonder, the beauty, and the delight of train travel. It is so much more than a children's book -- it's a work of art (but don't tell the kids).
Published 14 months ago by Daphne Uviller

3.0 out of 5 stars A great book for adults, not so much for young kids
This is a beautiful book. Every adult who has picked up this book in our house has remarked how beautiful the illustrations are, how interesting the text is, and what a great book it is.

Alas, it's a children's book, and for my 2 (almost 3) year old son, it misses the mark. First of all, the text is wordy with a difficult vocabulary and runs like a stream of...
Published 10 months ago by TZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant classic, October 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Gift, November 6, 2013
S. Peet (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
The illustrations are amazing, especially the large landscapes. And the momentum never slows as the reader travels from one train to another throughout the whole book. It's going to be the perfect gift for all the little train-lovers in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casey Jones you better watch your speed!, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
Beautifully illustrated, the story transitions from a commuter train all the way though to an overnighter. This isn't something that will go in and out of fashion, you'll read it to your kids and likely they'll read it to theirs. Well done Mr. Cooper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our daughter loves this book!, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
Although we have several storybooks about trains, this has rocketed to be our 4 year old's favorite by far. The happy crowds, the wide landscapes, the thrill of traveling painted so cheerily make this so much more than we expected from a 'book on trains', and I couldn't recommend it more strongly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
My kids love this book; it's become one of our favorites. Aninstant classic in our house, it will appeal to anyone who has ever been fascinated by trains or just enjoyed the adventure of traveling on the rails.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the child fascinated with trains, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
Nice sturdy book about the different kinds of trains. I think the way they blend into the next train could be much better but if you have a child who loves trains, this will be a good addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Aboard!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
All Aboard! This book takes the reader on several train rides. A commuter train, a passenger train, a freight train and an over night train are all featured here. The book goes into detail on the many special features of each train. It's a little long for the picture book crowd but children that want to learn more about trains should give this one a try.

We especially like the end page that included a glossary and notes. This gave us even more knowledge about trains.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for train lovers, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
my granddaughter likes trains but is not entranced by them, this book is great but is about the experience and she hasn't had a long ride so can't grasp it. Great souvenir book for a kid if they've had such a trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful drawings of trains and scenery, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
We originally checked this book out from the library, and decided it was good enough to purchase. It is my toddlers favorite book, but it is one I like to look at too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trains, trains, and more trains!, September 1, 2014
Heidi Grange (Logan, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Train (Hardcover)
This book takes a look at the variety of different types of trains that criss-cross the United States on a daily basis. In fact, the book travels geographically from the east coast to the west coast. I think it's that variety that I enjoyed the most. I didn't realize there were so many different types of trains available. It was fun to see the environments that the trains travel through including train stations, farmland, and cities. I also liked how the author/illustrator used both his imagination and real places/features to create his book. It's also nice to know what he did. Such author notes are important to me as a teacher. The child readers won't care, they will simply enjoy the gorgeous water color illustrations of trains, trains, and more trains.

Train
Train by Elisha Cooper (Hardcover - September 24, 2013)
$17.99 $10.79