5.0 out of 5 stars The Answer of Success in any Field
Published on May 18, 2012 by rijojosh

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Story but too shallow
Jon Gordon is a good writer with a grasp for relating good principles within a story. Training camp is a good story but it needs more depth on the principles. He spend inadequate time explaining and applying them.
Published 12 months ago by Charles Musselwhite

5.0 out of 5 stars The Answer of Success in any Field, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else (Hardcover)
I am a 65 year old retired executive and former BB player. This is the first easy reading book on how success is achieved in any field. The secrets in Jon Gordon's book, written in a way that everyone will enjoy, are so simple and so true. I know, I did it and so did many of my colleagues. Excellence comes from within. The author provides the road map in a brilliant and creative way that will leave its mark on those who want success in life, in sports, music, business, education, healthcare, or in spiritual pursuits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winning Begins in the Locker Room, September 18, 2010
Emilio A. Yonta (Daytona Beach, Fl) - See all my reviews
Positive, uplifting, and real. Training Camp along with its companion play book are an indispensable resource for coaching oneself through the daily "plays" of life. As one improves their own game, the invariably are going to improve the game of someone else, organization or system. It is just that real and contagious. I love the main principle of the book "The Best Make Others Around Them Better." This is the the message of the book, you grow better, people and things around you also get better. Its time for Training Camp, lets get going.

5.0 out of 5 stars It sounds cliche, but it's not, May 19, 2009
Okay, we've all read books about the underdog who rises to the top through sheer determination and hard work with the guidance of a special coach. We've seen the movies (ROCKY and KARATE KID come to mind) in which coaches inspire athletes to do more than they ever dreamed possible. Why do we love books and movies with this story line? Well, I think it's because we readers and viewers believe the best in ourselves is yet to come...if only the right coach discovers and hones our true talent. Read this book and let the words of Jon Gordon be your coach. Follow Martin, a RUDY-like aspiring NFL football player, who attempts to defy the odds to make his childhood dream come true.

Read it and you will be inspired. Live it and you will inspire those around you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Training Camp, September 5, 2010
One of the better books that I have read this year. Jon Gordon's fable is simple, direct and to the point. It is a highly recommended read for everyone. These principles should be taught in our schools and in our families.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing, June 2, 2009
I love this book....it is only incidentally about a rookie's struggles to make the cut at an NFL training camp. On a much deeper level, it is the realization that life is not about achieving success but of seeking lasting significance - once again, Jon delivers a message which will have a life-changing impact on those who read it. Of his three books, this is his best - and "The Energy Bus" & "The No Complaining Rule" are phenomenal reads. I have three daughters (18, 15, 9) who are all reading it. The book (and it's message) is a true blessing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Training Camp is a True Life Coaching Tool for Anyone. A Must Read!, May 19, 2009
Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else is a must read for anyone and everyone from the sports enthusiast to the business owner to those striving to be good parents.

With Training Camp, Author, Jon Gordan has used sports as a basic metaphor for readers to gain knowledge about overcoming, achieving, preparing, having faith, handling pressure, overcoming a bad day, and seizing the moment in whatever you as the reader may be involved in personally. This book is even better than Gordon's previous best seller, The Energy Bus. As a writer myself I only wish I had written this book because I firmly believe it stands to be one of the strongest self help and achievement titles of 2009. I highly encourage everyone who buys or has read my book- Wisdom & Wisecracks for the Aspiring Business Owner- to also read Training Camp. It will change how you think about overcoming, achieving and success in business and in life.

Will Estell-Author/Publisher

4.0 out of 5 stars Our group was assigned this book, April 5, 2014
We had one month to finish the book for discussion. I did not make the deadline, but having the book on my tablet to read at odd moments during the day got me further that usual for such assignments. I did like the book as a study of Christian daily walk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, April 3, 2014
This book should be read by all. I bought a copy for my young grandson who is just beginning to compete in sports!

5.0 out of 5 stars What everyone should read at least once., April 6, 2011
I love this book. I am an athlete myself and with this book it taught me lessons about sport and life that I will use the rest of my life. I recommend everyone should read this book at least once.

5.0 out of 5 stars The true measure of greatness!, April 7, 2010
James H. Page (Resiterstown, MD, US) - See all my reviews
With so many people looking for a life of meaning and significance, who knew that type of life would be rooted in humility. This is an inspiring story that will make you think about how you are living, what's most important to you, and what kind of legacy you will leave behind. I have given it to business leaders, coaches, athletes, parents, and kids - and all have loved the simple yet profound principles found within. Let it inspire you too.

Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else
Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else by Jon Gordon (Hardcover - May 18, 2009)
$23.00 $15.07