Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

For the price you can't beat this knife. I have several, and they work just fine, my main complaint being that the heavy butt's taper is so thick that it tends to force your grip up toward the guard. Other than that it works great for what it's intended to do.

I have lots of rubber knives from various makers that I use for knife practice. The ones from Cold Steel are also excellent since you can get several nicely made models.

One tip for you kali, escrima, and knife defense enthusiasts out there, try doing your combinations and drills with both the regular and reverse grip. You'll find that the standard 5 or 8 or 12 angles of attack, whatever you use in your system, change quite a bit, especially for the defanging the snake drills. If you're trying to defang using the reverse grip, and your partner is using the regular grip, you'll notice the angle and the technique has to change a bit, and also if you're both in reverse grip. Also try your combinations with the checking hand with the opponent in the reverse grip and see how much harder they are to get right.

In some ways, the reverse grip is more versatile and powerful defending against the regular grip, because of the useful hooking and tip parries that can be done, especially since the tip down lower wing block is a weak block because of the position of the wrist. On the other hand, it's easier in many ways to defang the snake if you're defending in the regular grip and the opponent is in the reverse grip.

Anyway, just a few tips for you knife enthusiasts out there. I am a kali/escrima instructor myself with black belts in karate and kung fu also, and have been teaching and training in the martial arts for over 40 years.
on February 11, 2010
We bought 4 of these for our dojang as the price was right. 2 of them broke in half within a few sessions. Spend a tad more and get something that doesn't break right away.
VINE VOICEon September 29, 2005
Heavier and more rigid than the tanto version but has the benefit of an integral hand guard. The paint cracks and peels quickly so it gets ugly fast. Other then that it's well made and lasts under heavy use. I've had a half dozen of these for training classes and they've held up perfectly for almost five years now. They bend but don't break, hit hard enough to tell you've been struck, but don't leave any lasting injury though they do have a tendency to leave welts with heavy impact where the lighter tanto-style knives do not. I strongly suggest avoiding head shots or wear appropriate protection. Great value-priced training tool.
on November 25, 2015
Decent price for a rubber knife. Blade is flexible and handle is heavy. The silver paint comes off even if you so much look at it. I used this for a costume and had it tucked in my belt all night, without handling it at all. By the end of the night, the silver paint had rubbed off in multiple places just from contact with my clothes.
on October 12, 2015
Use these in a short film that I was worried about the safety of the actors. They are somewhat rigid but the biggest downfall is keeping people from playing with them because they do chip very easily. More of them came to me with a small scratch on it already, just be careful with the paint.
on October 22, 2014
I really like how they went into detail with this knife, you may be surprised, but this wasn't bought for training, this was bought for cosplay related reasons, I do enjoy the knife and do think this makes a good prop, however, what makes it four stars instead of five is that the rubber just flaps around (For the record, I have seen rubber knives that don't before) and I would have much prefered if maybe there was a plastic variant, but for so little a price and so good of quality otherwise, I can't complain

Overall, I;d say get this if you actually do want to train or pratice your knife skills, or also if you are looking for a cosplay weapon to buy
on March 18, 2014
So I just got mine today. I actually like it. I got the knife to use for my Scream costume. The blade is kind of black in some spots but its cool, gives kind of a weathered look I think. The blade was kind of bent but its because the knife is real rubber and not like those fake knives for other costumes and such. Highly recommend this knife though for training or horror theme costumes. Looks just like a hunter's knife and the Ghostface knife.
on January 8, 2014
The rubber knife is a rubber knife... the only bad part is that the "silver" rubs off really easily... an hour after taking the knife out of the packaging I saw that the knife had rubbed a bunch of silver paint on my pant leg; it wasn't a big deal, but now the fake knife looks like a black rubber knife instead of a fake knife... oh well, it was cheap and fun. maybe a can of spray paint will bring back the "silver look"
on October 21, 2014
This is exactly what I needed. The blade is soft and rubbery enough that if I fail to block or redirect I don't end up with bruises. The realistic look make the threat more realistic. The price was affordable and shipping prompt!! Thank you.
on July 8, 2015
this is a good training tool for knife defenses, more realistic, doesn't hurt when the attacker "stabs" you, and holds together quite well. My only complaint is that the paint at the tip of the blade begins peeling fairly quickly, but other than that it's a good tool that gets the job done.