Trakdot Luggage Tracker
|Price:||$57.89 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Trakdot luggage tracker is designed to provide specific location information for your tracked luggage
- Works anywhere cellular phones work
- Gives you peace of mind by helping you keep track of your bag when travelling air
- You receive a text message or email when you land telling you that your checked in luggage arrived with you
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Product Dimensions: 2.3 x 3 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B00EYE5CAQ
- Item model number: 17
- Batteries: 2 AA batteries required.
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 3, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1. The instructions for the setup are poorly written and do match what really needs to happens.
2. The lights flash different colors at different times but no clear instructions on what they mean.
3. Turning it on and off is not just a simple push of a button. There is a special sequence you have to follow of time and light flashes. Why do they make it difficult and have to return to the instructions? Oh, I forgot, it is not in the little single sheet that came with it, it is on the web somewhere of how to do it.
4. Once you get it setup, there is no way to test it to see if it will indeed send a text to your cellphone.
5. Batteries are said to last 48 hours. They don't! On a flight from the U.S. to Italy with a stop over in Germany, the Trakdot worked the first leg and reported the landing in Germany and the batteries were at 38%. For the second leg from Germany to Italy, no response from Trakdot when we landed. Most likely dead batteries. Battery life I would guess to be about 20 hours. Good enough for domestic travel but not international.
Trakdot would be cool if it worked but in it's current form it is just a pain to use.
Tried it again on the return trip to the U.S. Theis time no report from Trakdot when changing planes in Germany. It did report the arrival in the U.S. but not until after we had already picked up our bags and was in the parking lot walking to our car. So much for using the app to find your bag on the belt! Battery was at 15%, less than 20 hours of use. In it's present form, Trackdot is not reliable and can not be depended on, basically does not work as advertised. If the bag had been left on departure, there is no way to know where it is since you can not ping it to send out a text. Don't waste your time and money on this device until the problems are worked out.
I have waited a while to write this review. This has been for a number of reasons as you will soon see.
I ordered 3 TrakDots initially. All were shipped and sent promptly. I then waited a few months before activating them as I didn't travel during that time and I didn't want to use up any of the subscription time. When I activated the devices, 2 were fine and 1 would not connect to a GSM network - the light remained red. I immediately contacted TrakDot and then also forwarded my problem to Harry Steck the CEO - the reason for this was that I needed the TrakDot working before I went away, which was less than a week away. An impressively fast and courteous reply was received from Harry who said he would get things sorted for me but unfortunately I would need a replacement as the unit was defective. TrakDot (the company) were brilliant in all this and managed to get a replacement unit sent from a supplier in New Zealand to Hong Kong at no extra cost to me and super fast. I was delighted and it activated with no problems.
Our trip has been a bit of an epic. Hong Kong to London, then straight to Iceland followed by a return to London. Then a trip to Switzerland and return to Hong Kong, via London. As we were about to leave Hong Kong, I put in fresh branded (Duracell) batteries, mindful of negative reviews relating to battery life. We switched them on just as we checked in to ensure we maintained as much life as possible. We immediately got emails and SMS texts confirming that they were in Hong Kong and the battery life was full!
On arrival at Heathrow I turned on my phone. Just after de-boarding we each received emails and SMS's confirming the 3 bags were in Heathrow! Great stuff!Read more ›
Basically its not working at all and for me it’s a total waste of money. You need several months or years of development before achieving something working. Why not a rechargeable battery, you have to put new set of battery for each use ? really ? On top, the device is not working (at least my two devices). I really want to know if there is a possibility to be reimburse for my two trakdot. I should say I am very disappointed ! I contacted the Trakdot support one week ago, still no news…So posted on FB, they asked me my email address (still no result). Please avoid at all cost until they solve their problems.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
First time user on a trip with 4 separate flights and 3 layovers (36 hours) to 4 different countries, not counting return trip. Extremely easy to set up and use. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by Marilyn Smith
Battery lasted well over 24 hours. I didn't change them because they went dead, just out of precaution but it lasts a long time and great piece of mind getting that text that your... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Taylor Hood
Somewhat disappointed in function. I could not get it to function upon set up. I did eventually realize it was the location related to towers that was the problem. Read morePublished 17 days ago by EMarie Proznick
It worked sometimes. Not fully reliable. The concept is good but badly executed.Published 19 days ago by SWL
I have two and do not travel without it. While it can't get your luggage to its destination it can give you a heads up that something may have gone awry so that you can start... Read morePublished 21 days ago by navajogirl
Battery life on the Trackdot Luggage tracker is very poor. On an international trip, expect to change the batteries once before you leave, and again before the return. Read morePublished 21 days ago by OJ
Terrible. Should have took notice of so many negative comments. Manual says one thing, website says something else, and at the end of the day the device won't connect to the... Read morePublished 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
This device is maddening. Who designed it? First of all, its pretty flimsy and although I did go to college and get a Masters, even opening it up at first proved a challenge just... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Goldentix
A lot of hype for something that didn't work.
First the activation instructions in no way matched the labeling on the device. Read more