Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 10, 2013
I agree with all that another reviewer said about this trash can (kitchen waste can). It is beautiful (as far as garbage cans go), operation of the step pedal is smooth and effortless, and the lid closes gently. There is a compartment to house a scented cartridge, and Tramontina includes 2 cartridges with a new can. Quite frankly, scented "odor eater" trash bags may work for you without having to replace the cartridge every two months. Making it even more attractive is the vented inner liner (the trash can within the trash can) that hides the overhang of the standard 13-gallon trash bag used with this unit. It appears to be very well built. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars is the fact that it needs about 1½" (inch and a half) of space between it and the wall. This is necessary to accommodate the linkage necessary to operate the lid (with the foot pedal). Even with the clearance given for the linking mechanism (about an inch), the unit has to sit out just a little further to keep the lower part of the lid from contacting the wall when opening. If the clearance isn't an issue for you, then you have a 5-star garbage can, but I think a significant number of users will want to put a trash can flat against the wall... that is not possible with this one.
on October 30, 2013
Great quality item and at a fair price at Sam's Club for $59.99. Glad I looked and found it at Sam's saving me 30 buck-a-roos.
on July 23, 2014
I searched long and hard to find a trash bin for my kitchen. With gold walls and a multicolor tin back splash, we didn't want any more color to dominate the room so appliances are mostly stainless steel. We had a battery powered, automatic stainless steel bin but the motor began dying and it began opening and closing by it self an annoying kitchen poltergeist. In the end when the motor died completely and batteries were useless, we began opening it ourselves, which defeated the purpose of using a hands free model. I wanted a step model and I wanted heavy duty, not a plastic one. As I'm not a Kardashian, I had to think long and hard about spending $100 bucks for a trash bin, but if you think of how often you use something, the price per use makes it cost effective. This is sturdy. The slow close of the model, gives me time to put all my rubbish in, even when my hands are full, it looks great and with the freshener, smells neutrally clean. While I'll probably resort to using scented bin liners, the freshener feature is a nice one and the kind of finishing touch you'd expect to find on a well designed piece. I don't think I've ever fell so hard for a stainless steel bin, but it had me from the first step.
on July 14, 2013
I bought this trash can somewhere else. It is very nice, goes well with stainless appliances. I like the way the lid doesn't slam shut when you let go of the step but closes gently. I also like the freshner that comes with it and is in the lid. I am not sure if I would pay $90 for it but for the price I paid for it at another store I would definitely buy another.
on January 9, 2015
Received yesterday (1/8/15). Opened the box to see a great looking can. Opened the can to see a defective liner. While it is true that the outside of the can and step feature are what caught my eye, these cans are effectively useless without a liner and mine is defective. I wonder if that tear/crack reflects a problem to be experienced down the road with this product, even if ok when delivered; it is on a seam that will be stressed every time the liner is lifted for bag disposal/replacement.

UPDATE 1: New can delivered without the defect. Inspecting the area where the first was torn/cracked, I am relieved to see that it is not a 'seam' where two pieces were fused (and could break with time). I have no idea what happened to the 1st, but don't think it will happen to the 2nd.
on April 8, 2015
13 gallon trash bags fit perfectly. My previous trash can was narrower than this, which caused the can to be full more quickly, was difficult to pull out of the liner, and the bag would only be half full when removed from the can. This can fills the entire bag, and is easily tied off and removed from the liner.
on May 19, 2014
The only downside was the shipping and handling cost (almost 50% of the price tag for the Trash Can itself). Nice design, work as describe on the website. I recommend it but first see how much you will pay for delivery.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2015
I purchased a Tramontina 13 gall stainless steel step on trash can from Pricesmart and it is fabulous. However it is not the "D" shaped one but rectangular which is just as good or even better depending on the layout of your space.

As described it opens easily, closes softly and is a wonderful addition to my kitchen which has other stainless steel appliances. The freshener is a definitely a plus. It is a great replacement for my white plastic sterilite bin which served its time wonderfully but had to go eventually.

As stated by another reviewer, the only problem is that the lid touches the wall if it is opened fully but that is not too much of an issue considering all the other positive attributes. In order to prevent damage to the lid I covered it with clear contact paper, the type used to cover books and documents and it is just great because it is not visible except if you look carefully along the edges.

After considering the pros and the cons I recommend the purchase of this item. Great buy.
on November 8, 2013
Very Clean Look,Self Closing Lid,Perfect size for most kitchens, Freshener Cartridiges Much Too Expensive...Probably wont be used again unless price is more reasonable.
on June 5, 2015
It seems crazy to spend a hundred on a trash can, but this is a very nice can. It looks great, has large capacity, has a removable bin with a hole to balance air pressure when adding or removing bag, and the lid has a nice slow but firm travel.