Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Audio CDChange

on July 18, 2001
This has been in my car's CD player for weeks now. Killer club music, though I will agree with a previous reviewer about the transitions from song to song--kinda rough and abrupt. Great songs make up for that, though. Big club hits here include Darude's "Sandstorm, Fragma's "Toca's Miracle", "Castles In The Sky" from Ian Van Dahl, "Zombie Nation" from Kernkraft 400, Miss Jane's "It's A Fine Day" remake and "Better Off Alone" from Alice Deejay. Granted, some of these songs are played out, but there's also some other really cool tracks here, including "Ordinary World" from Aurora (now all over pop radio--a remake of a Duran Duran hit), "Touch Me" from Rui Da Silva, which starts the party off, and Kay Cee's "Escape". Almost all the tracks are club hits. Even the one clunker, Sarina Paris' "Look At Us", is only a clunker because they didn't pick the best mix. This is highly recommended for anyone who likes club music). Having a pre-club party? This is the one to warm everyone up! Have fun!
on April 21, 2002
I would have to say that this cd has the best collection of dance music that I have seen in many years. It has brought the best of the best together into one cd. It has been the best dance comilation cd that I have ever seen in many years. There is a good chance that you have heard every song on the cd, you just may not know, but you probably have heard it. Its great. Oh, and listen to the track Omnibus..
on May 29, 2001
I picked this up this past weekend before my party and I'm glad I did. This CD is awesome. If you like trance music with female vocals, get this CD. Virtually every track has a great beat and good vocals. You won't be sorry for getting this mix. Anyone from the NY/NJ area who listens to 103.5 level 3 should really appreciate this CD as well.
on June 24, 2001
I was looking for something entirely different when I spotted this album. The store had it on the listening rack. Otherwise I never would have thought of buying it...the cover is unremarkable. But the music itself is terrific! I was feeling kind of blue and after listening to this CD, I was itching to go dancing. I've heard about half already in the clubs I frequent, the others were new to me so it's nice to have a mix of 'old' and new songs. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes the high energy, "Open House Party" kind of music with the fast, heavy beat. You just can't beat Darude's "Sandstorm..."
on March 12, 2002
OK, so a lot of the songs on this CD have been played out on the radio and the mixes aren't all that "adventurous," but it is a really good compilation of trance and "female vocal" dance songs. For those that have complained that the mixes are only 3 1/2 to 4 minutes long, my experience has been that the extended mixes tend to get "filler" rather than anything really good. I would highly recommend this as one of a handful of CDs to have in your trance collection.
on March 21, 2002
I've got mixed opinions on this compilation so I can't really lean one way or another, which is why I figured 3 stars would suit this review the best. The biggest complaint here seems to be the truly lousy mixing, for which lousy is too good of a word in some cases. Many of the songs just crash and bang right into one another, having virtually nothing lead them into each other, such as "Omnibus" to Miss Jane's "It's A Fine Day", as well as So-Real's "You Take My Breath Away" to York's "On The Beach", while most of the other lead-ins are average at best, the best being between Darude's "Sandstorm" and "Toca's Miracle" by Fragma.
Other than the choppy and disorganized mixing by The Happy Boys, there are some noteworthy songs on here, such as that of "Sandstorm" by Darude, "Escape" by Kay Cee, "Castles In The Sky" by Ian Van Dahl and "On The Beach" by York. Those tracks are really the only "trance" ones as the majority of the rest of the songs are more female-vocalized dance or house music, a lot of which was disappointing to my ear. The Sarina Paris; "Look At Us" and "Omnibus" really made me cringe and should've been tossed off this, while on the other hand Rui Da Silva's "Touch Me", Fragma's "Toca's Miracle", Sulk's "Only You", and "It's A Fine Day" by Miss Jane were satisfying.
If you want a long story to be short, a lot of this isn't really trance, but is satisfying dance for the mostpart, other than the few obviously ridiculous tracks. In some songs, the typical pop length of 3 and a half minutes is greatly appreciated while in some of the others it leaves the listener wanting more. Hardcore trance fans won't have to bother with this. People new to the genre or the more mainstream stuff will dig it. I rest somewhere in between.
on June 1, 2001
I've always been a fan of trance's melodies and good beats, and its been hard to find like cds that had more than just like 3 good songs on it. But I really like this one, i even took time out to write about it so im pretty impressed. Pretty much all the songs are good and pump you up right before you leave out clubbing or whatever, so to whoever reads this, definately just try it out, youll see what i mean.
on June 15, 2003
Some of the transitions between songs are rather abrupt. There could have been more careful planning, such as mixing songs in same or similar keys after each other. The transition between "Touch Me" and "Sandstorm" is the most abrupt, but at least the two songs are the same tempo.
As far as the music goes, the only song I'll complain about is "Look at Us" (track 15) but only because they chose the wrong mix of the song.
It's a great CD other than those two things.
on October 26, 2001
3 stars is somewhat generous I think. Calling this CD trance just reminds us that the word is overused. Most tracks are more of a trancey sounding pop music. Every track weighs in at a typical pop length of 3-4 minutes. If you've heard Alice Deejays "Better Off Alone" then you get the idea. That said, there are some good songs here, though most of them are overplayed and included on many other CD's. What I can't figure out is why the Happy Boys, whoever they are, or anyone else would want to take credit for mixing this album. A computerized mixer throwing in a generic background beat between tracks could have done just as well as one track just kind of crashes into the next. I did find one possible use for the CD. Guys, if you know a girl whom you'd like to hook on trance, start with something like Trance Party. The lighter pop sound could be a transition from cheese pop toward harder trance. It's "trance" that the masses have heard before.
on March 11, 2003
My sister is actually the one who has this cd, but one day she left it in her cd player so I listened to it. I really like this cd but as I remember some of the ending tracks take some getting used to. I didn't like the last ones very much at all at first, but that's how it ususally is for me cause I'm too lazy to---oh never mind I'm just too lazy to explain it (hmm sad).
I really liked the songs "it is a fine day", that one where this little kid is speaking in German (can't remember what it's called), and "castles in the sky". Those were really fun to sing to.
I would go into great detail about the different vocals and beautiful mixture of synthesizer and soothing harmonies, but that is just too indepth for me (equally sad). If you like strange, unusual dance-type music then I think this is the cd for you.