Schlage LiNK is a brilliant new system that enhances your home's comfort and your family's peace of mind.
Be Secure. Be Informed. Be Efficient. Be Home. Away from Home.
Trane and Schlage, the powerhouses of home heating, cooling, and safety, have come together to bring a new level of peace of mind to homeowners. The Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat completes and enhances the home heating and cooling system and allows remote access through the Schlage LiNK interface.
When paired with a Schlage LiNK bridge, this Trane thermostat gives homeowners the ability to remotely manage their home's temperature and save money by reducing energy consumption. Use the energy savings setting to save up to 15% on heating and cooling bills (Source: Department of Energy data on programmable thermostats).
Access your system remotely via most web-enabled cell phones or computers for a low monthly fee*. With this service, homeowners can also receive text or email alerts when it is time for maintenance or when adjustments are made to their thermostat.
This package includes 1 Trane Z-Wave thermostat. A Schlage LiNK bridge is required for full functionality. Bridges are available in Schlage LiNK starter kits.
*A minimal monthly subscription fee is required. Even if you choose not to subscribe, the Trane thermostat will still function as a normal thermostat. No long-term contracts or cancellation fees. Receive a trial period when you activate a new account.
Schlage LiNK Features and Benefits
- Remotely monitor and control your thermostat from anywhere
- Actively manage your energy consumption and save money by using the energy savings schedule
- Utilize advanced thermostat features through the Schlage LiNK web portal
- Receive text messages or email alerts when adjustments are made to your thermostat or when it is time for maintenance
- Easily program the thermostat through the Schlage LiNK web portal; 7 day programmable thermostat with up to 4 settings per day
- Create a Z-Wave network within your home that securely connects this Trane thermostat to the Internet and control other Z-Wave devices
- Full AES 128-bit encryption at the microchip level
- Web-based access means greater peace of mind, no matter where you travel
- The system is scalable and flexible, allowing you to add up to 232 devices to your Z-Wave network
- Requires Schlage LiNK bridge for full functionality
How It Works Schlage LiNK System Components
*This package only includes the thermostat. A bridge is required for full functionality and is available in the starter kit.
It works like this:
- Through your computer or cell phone, the bridge receives a signal from your home's wireless network.
- The bridge sends another wireless signal to the thermostat.
- The thermostat adjusts.
Computer and Wireless Phone Interface
A user-friendly interface is at the heart of the Schlage LiNK system and makes it easy to take advantage of all that Schlage LiNK has to offer. Simply log on to your computer or Internet-enabled phone and you're in control. With just a few simple clicks, you can adjust your thermostat and get alerts.
System Requirements FAQs
- Do I need a wireless network in my home?
No, but you will need a high speed Internet connection (cable modem, dsl, etc.) and an open port on your router to plug in the bridge.
- What kind of cell phone do I need to have?
Nearly any modern cell phone can receive text alerts from Schlage LiNK. But to take full advantage of the system's features, you'll need a data enabled phone platform like Android, BlackBerry, or iPhone. To verify your phone is compatible with the Schlage LiNK System, please check with your carrier.
- Do I have to pay to download the software to my phone?
It depends. Some service providers charge a fee, while others don't. To know for sure, you'll need to check with your carrier.
- What is the range of the Schlage LiNK bridge?
The Schlage LiNK bridge can relay signals up to 100 feet--even through walls. Without walls in the way, it can broadcast even farther.
- Does the system require a monthly subscription fee?
A minimal monthly subscription fee is required. Even if you choose not to subscribe, Schlage LiNK will still function as a thermostat.
- Is it secure?
Like all Trane and Schlage products, Schlage LiNK is very secure. The online portal features security measures similar to those used in online banking systems.
- Can I install the Trane thermostat myself?
Yes. In most cases, this thermostat can be successfully completed as a do-it-yourself project. However, there are a wide variety of heating and air conditioning systems which may add complexity in some cases. If you are unsure about any step of the installation, you should contact Schlage LiNK customer service or a professional heating and cooling contractor.
- Can I enroll more than 1 thermostat on my Schlage LiNK account?
Yes. Multiple Z-Wave enabled thermostats can be independently controlled and operated with your Schlage LiNK account.
- Is the Trane thermostat programmable?
Yes. The Trane thermostat can be programmed for up to four temperature changes per day. Multiple unique daily schedules can be created. Each daily schedule can be applied to one or more days of the week. Setting the schedule is easily accomplished from your Schlage LiNK web portal. Simply select the schedule you desire using a series of drop down boxes. Additionally, scheduling can also be programmed locally at the thermostat.
- What type of alerts will the Trane thermostat provide?
With an active Schlage LiNK account, the Trane thermostat can provide text message and email alerts including filter change reminders, out-of-range temperature alerts, thermostat keypad changes, and maintenance reminders.
Z-Wave. The brains behind the brilliance.
Z-Wave is a next-generation wireless "ecosystem" that lets all your home electronics talk to each other, and to you, via remote control. It uses simple, reliable, low-power radio waves that easily travel through walls, floors, and cabinets. Z-Wave functionality can be added to almost any electronic device in your house, even devices that you wouldn't ordinarily think of as "intelligent," such as appliances, window shades, thermostats, and home lighting.
The Schlage LiNK solution lets you control these devices in ways that give you complete command, even when you're not at home yourself. You can control your Z-Wave household remotely from a computer and the Internet from anywhere in the world...even through your cell phone.