The world’s most scenic rail ride. A journey on Canada’s transcontinental railroad ranks as one of the greatest rail experiences in the world. Stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific, the lines span 3974 miles, taking in not only several of North America’s finest cities but also some of the most dramatic scenery on earth, including the spectacular Rocky Mountains.
Rail travel for all budgets This comprehensive guidebook gives information for all budgets, from the cheapest rail tickets with shoestring accommodation in the cities along the route to the most luxurious guided tours.
· Fully revised 4th edition updated and with new mapping
· Rail travel for all budgets where to get the best deals
· Mile-by-mile route guide what to see along the route; with 25 maps
· Railway history the rail link that created modern Canada
· City guides and maps the best sights, recommended hotels and restaurants in eight major stops along the lines: Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary