Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL

on February 7, 2013
The PW IIIs definitely need to be secured to the stand if you are moving lights around. This works, but I find that some velcro or a simple pair of elastic bands can work well. This is certainly a little sturdier, but where it screws in blocks the battery compartment, so you need to unscrew it every time you change the batteries (this is the deal breaker for me).

At the end of the day, it is just one more thing to deal with. I would rather just use quicker / cheaper solutions unless the situation really requires the extra stability.
on March 26, 2013
I have seen many photographers including myself hang the pocket wizards by the lanyard on the light stands. Its effective and cheap however when moving stands they sway back and forth and over time can cause dents, scratches, and even a few drops.

If your reading this review then you probably already have a pocket wizard setup and you know they are not cheap! So protect them by securing them to light stands with this caddy! Just be sure to pick the proper one. Hildozine makes a caddy for the Plus II and the Plus III.

I can verify 100% that the plus II caddy works on the plus III pocket wizard, however its not the proper one and doesn't look right. This unit is the Plus III caddy.

These caddy units tightly lock the pocket wizard to any light stand. The pocket wozard can still slide up and down the stand no problem and is easily removed. These are must have units for any strobist photographer, or pro that has pocket wizards. The only downfall is it screws into the back of the pocket wizard and you cannot access the battery tray until its removed, other than that its amazing! You must grab a few of these.

I hope this was helpful. If you want to check out more reviews check out my youtube channel.

Corey Benoit
Faymus Media
on May 3, 2014
This is a great idea, but it has flaws. First, the elastic band wants to slip off the top 'shoulder' of the Pocketwizard. This is because the two holes where the elastic is anchored are too far apart and actually spread the elastic band open. This can be remedied by twisting the band once on the backside of the unit as you pull the band over the lighting stand pole. Then it holds as shown in the picture.

Second, the Pocketwizard is only half against the area around the mounting screw, and it will give you the impression that it's not cradled in the caddy very tightly. The Pocketwizard will move around a little.

Finally, there are no rubber feet on the back, and the attaching screw will mar your flash unit if you attach it to a speedlight head.
on March 22, 2015
i like it. i give it a 3 only because like other people have said it blocks the battery door, and you have to unscrew this to get to it every time. with that said thats totally up to you and how often you need to change the batteries. i only do a few photoshoots here and there. so i don't need to be opening it a lot. however, just the same thats the only down side to this and is worth thinking about if you already are having to change the batteries on these triggers a lot it might annoy u to the point of not using it. but i don't change them but every once a great while lol so I'm fine with it
on April 4, 2015
Ditto on others comments about the battery door being blocked. It may not seem like a big deal, but the screw that attaches this to the Plus III is an actual screw, not a thumb wheel or anything you can turn with your fingers. So every time you need to change/charge batteries, you need a screw driver to remove the Caddy.

Maybe just adding a strip of Velcro to the Plus III, and to the light stand column will solve the same issue cheaply, and in a more convenient way.
on March 16, 2013
The caddy works great with my PW Plus III after making a minor tweak. While respecting others concerns posted here, the only issue I has was the cord was too long. IMHO, the manufacturer's picture has it all wrong - no way should the elastic cord get wrapped around the front of the PW with cords obscuring the buttons - YUCK! Simply flip over to the back of the caddy housing, pull back a few inches of the cord beyond the existing knot, and add another knot on the back to shorten the cord several inches. Shazam! Now you can now afix the caddy to your C-Stand by wrapping the cord BEHIND the PW! This works perfectly and you can always adjust the cord whenever you want, such as a bigger C-Stand post like the Matthews or Avenger, etc. Incidentally, to remove the caddy from your PW takes less than 15 seconds using a pocket coin, should you wish to change the battery or prefer not to have it mounted for some reason.
on August 16, 2013
nice little device that will work as described and hold a pocket wizard to a mono/bi/tri pod. If you have ever used a pocket wizard in a stressful situation you know it bounces around and inevitably comes unplugged and hits the ground. They are not cheap so this little guy will use a small attached bungee cord to wrap around a pole and hold the pocket wizard.
Now, why not 5 stars? well the engineers that designed this caddy are using a pan head screw to attach the caddy to the pocket wizard. What the heck? I don't usually carry a screw driver around with me to shoots! so in order to change the battery I have to scrounge around for a coin (who carries money anymore?) or carry ANOTHER thing with me to change the batteries.
OK I admit its a first world problem but having the fore site to use a thumb screw would make life simpler.

Buy it, but tape a quarter to it.
on September 11, 2013
These work exactly as advertised, and fit on any light stand I've tried, they also work on just about any object that's close that size which is also great. They are easy to use and make me feel better about my pocket wizards not just dangling from a knob on the stand, or hanging from the hand strap off of a random piece of equipment or tree limb. My only gripes, and they are little ones, is that the screw fittings are very tight, no big deal, but keep a screw driver handy, and when mounted, the caddy blocks access to battery compartment, so an extra step when replacing batteries. Again, these are minor gripes, and honestly, I don't see how blocking the door can be fixed. Just wishing for more efficiency. All in all, a very nice product for a good price that fixes a problem. Nice!
on March 17, 2015
Using the PW Plus III quite often for outdoor strobing as well as portable studio setup and I find that this small gadget is really a great help rather than just using a velcro(which may accidentally initiate the zones). With the caddy I can secure the PW to the boom poles or light stands without the worry of having the PW being slammed onto the poles or walls when shifting positions.

A must have for photographers who uses PW equipments very often. I got to know of this caddy also from well-known photographers in the US through their training tutorials and videos. And my location is in Singapore. Great tool to have around when using the PW Plus III. Definitely gonna get more since Im starting to use more PWs everywhere I go.
on November 6, 2013
I love these things BUT there is one bad design issue that they've never addressed. The screw that holds them to the body of radio blocks the battery cover. So it has to be unscrewed to change the batteries. Which means I need a tool or a coin to deal with this and for me, that's a bad design. I love these things and I've used them for years on several sets of PocketWizards but the truth is, I'm moving away from them because of that hassle. I'm buying brackets for my stands so that I don't need these caddys.

They make work for you. They are well made and do what they purport to do wonderfully. I just hate unscrewing them and then screwing them back on every time I want to change batteries.

See 1 answered question