3,284 Reviews
 (2,411)

5.0 out of 5 stars Here are some information .
The Sd Class standarized the specification for both memory and speed.
The SD (Standard Capacity) has an official maximum 2GB-4GB,
SDHC (High Capacity) 4GB-32GB,
SDXC (Extended Capacity) 32GB-2TB.
Published on June 7, 2011 by arborist

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware "Class 10" designation
Published on April 26, 2011 by David M. Iannotti

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware "Class 10" designation, April 26, 2011
David M. Iannotti (Quahog, Rogues Island(RI)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS16GSDHC10E) (Personal Computers)
I have two of these cards and bought them to use with a Canon 60D. My camera manual calls for class 6 or better. I thought I was saving money buying the transcend Class 10 for less than the SanDisk Class 6. This card is not capable of recording HD video on the 60D. It is not fast enough. After a couple seconds of shooting video the camera shows an ons creen indicator that looks like a buffer filling and ceases recording.

There is something everyone buying SD cards should know:

"Even though the class ratings are defined by a governing body, like × speed ratings, class speed ratings are quoted by the manufacturers and not verified by any independent evaluation process."

Long story made short this card is far slower than the SanDisk Extreme HD Video 16 GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card (SDSDRX3-016G-A21). I had to demote both of these cards for use with point and shoot cameras.

Basically pay no attention to class when choosing a SD card, instead look at the read / write speeds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here are some information ., June 7, 2011
The Sd Class standarized the specification for both memory and speed.
The SD (Standard Capacity) has an official maximum 2GB-4GB,
SDHC (High Capacity) 4GB-32GB,
SDXC (Extended Capacity) 32GB-2TB.
Cards from all SD families have a similar physical size excluding mini and micro SD. Some older device does not recognize card with bigger capacity which use larger blocks. Cards can be formated by many diffrent systems. Fragmentation may slow down the effective write speed. Defragmentary an SD card will wear the card out.
All SD families must power-up at 3.3 volt and SDXC familiy can step down to 1.8 volt when reciving specific commands.
Speed Class raiting is defined by the SD Association. Class reprezents a multiple of 1MB/s and meets write speed for card.
The device such as video recording may not perform satisfactorily if the SD card's Class rating fall below a particular speed.
Application for Speed Class;
Class 2; MPEG-4, MPEG-2 video recording
Class 4; MPEG-2 (HDTV) video recording and still camera
Class 6; DSC photo-shooting, profesional videocamera
Class 10; full HD, HD still pictures
For my cameras higher Class cards working good like Transcend 16 GB. I reccomend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Junk if You are Using This for Video, April 6, 2011
Dan Eppinger (Danbury, Connecticut) - See all my reviews
Last month I purchased an Aluratek Cinepal video player as well as this Transcend card in order to store video in the player.

After spending a month trying everything, I was ready to give up and return the player. It skipped, jumped, and took forever to load.

As a last resort, I tried replacing the card with one that I bought at Staples. It was only an 8g card for $24.95, but it specifically said on the packaging that it was "good for video."

In short, there was nothing wrong with my player.....It was the crappy card. If you plan to use it for video, DON'T! Spend the extra bucks and avoid frustration.

Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but I wouldn't buy another Transcend Flash Memory Card - UPDATED, March 2, 2011
While reading the reviews prior to ordering this card, a reviewer mentioned that the Transcend seemed to be physically over sized. I thought that the reviewer must be crazy, SD cards are a standard size. Well, I guess I too am crazy.
I received the Transcend card this morning and after popping out the 8GB Kingston card that I had borrowed from my camera, I inserted the Transcend into my camcorder. The card just didn't feel right going into the camcorder, so I tried to pop it out. No go! Apparently when you press on it to pop it out, it releases, but it fits so tight in the slot, that the camcoder springs are not strong enough to pop it out. I had to get my finger nail on the edge of the card and pull it out of the slot.
At that time, I remembered the review that mentioned that the Transcend was over sized. I compared the Transcend to my other SD cards, a Canon and a Kingston, and I could feel that the Transcend was a bit wider. Not happy.
I figured since there is no reason why I would be popping the card in and out of the camcorder, I would keep it if it worked.
So, for the last few hours I have formatted, recorded, copied and deleted, and the card seems to work fine with my camcorder.
The fact that the card is over sized does not give me that warm fuzzy feeling that I would like to have. If Transcend can't size the card properly, what other problems are there, that are not so obvious?
If I encounter any further problems, I'll update this review.
I'll hang onto the card, but I will not purchase another Transcend item.

UPDATE: February 10,2012.
Well, I have to eat my words.
I bought another Transcend memory card. This time a 32G card. Based the purchase on price and the fact that the ill fitting 16G card has worked flawlessly.
I purchased the 32G card to be used with the same camcorder that the 16G card was being used with, thus I have been swapping the 2 cards.
The new, 32G, card could be inserted and ejected from the camcorder, without binding, from day one, and after a few iterations of the 16G card being inserted and ejected, it no longer sticks.
So, both cards work well and neither binds/sticks when being inserted and ejected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with GoPro HD camera, April 12, 2011
C. Kormendy (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this memory card to use it with my new GoPro HD camera. I was a little nervous because I've read that the GoPro cameras can be finicky about which memory cards they work with and Transcend is not among the memory card brands that are recommended by GoPro. However, the price seemed really good for a Class 10 card of this size, so I decided to give it a try.

I am happy to report that the card seems to work fine with my GoPro HD. I've typically been recording at the 720p60 setting, which GoPro lists as having a 15 Mbit/s data rate. I've also used it on the 960p30 setting, which is listed as having a 12 Mbit/s data rate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Who cares about speed, when the shell it's in is junk...So is the warranty, January 20, 2012
Had this card for six months, and it started giving me problems R/W errors. Since I had never abused the card (it sat in my second SD slot as backup in a Nikon D7000) I sent it to Transcend with an RMA. Long story short they did not Honor their warranty saying it was "physically damaged". I was quite surprised, there was also a sticker demonstrating the separation of the plastic shell. I've got 5yr old mmc cards, and know how to handle these things, this Transcend is just plain cheap. Uploaded a couple photos showing just how crappy the casing is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Reliable, Great Capacity, November 22, 2011
This review pertains to both the 16GB and 8GB cards which I purchased at the same time.

I've been using Transcend cards for about 3 years, and now they've become my standard for my digital cameras. This is the first 16GB card I've gotten, and it's just as fast as the 8GB. It's faster than two other manufacturers but I'm not knowledgeable enough to say why.

My camera is capable of 8 frames per second in burst mode, and the card handles that very well. (I have a 2 GB card that doesn't, but it shouldn't be expected when the card will fill up in a half-day's shooting.) And, on the download to the computer directly from the camera, I downloaded 131 high resolution (approx 6MB each) in 54 seconds! That's fast, fast enough so that I may never use my card reader again.

I do not take movies though I have the capability. This card will be strictly for high res picture taking. So, why 16GB. Well, I figured that I wouldn't have to start a new numbering system for my photos next year. I've found that with 8GB cards, once I reach 10,000 photos in a year, the camera and the card seem to start over and I have duplicate numbers. This might not be a function of the card, and if not, I'd actually appreciate someone telling me that.

Btw, the 8GB Transcend card has probably been formatted 250 times in the last year. Not one problem with it, and I fully expect that the same will be true with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Corrupt 720P and up video., August 17, 2011
4 out of 6 videos ruined by corrupt playback. Also, the speed ratings test a little more than my ScanDisk 4 card, but not by much, using HDTune. Not sure how valid these tests are obviously in my case.

I have no issues with my ScanDisk 4 card. This works flawlessly in new ELPH 300 with no issues with several 720P movies.

Oh well, at least some of you did well with the cheap card. Thanks to Amazon for easy returns!

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE PRODUCT! FAILED AFTER 1 WEEK!, August 15, 2011
Ordered this for a honeymoon vacation in Europe.. Everything seemed to work well, that is until we got home last night. As soon as we plugged the SD card into the computer, it asked us to initialize the card as it was unreadable! When putting the SD card back into the camera, it gave the terrifying MEMORY CARD error! We are currently running a data recovery software to hopefully recover our priceless images. Buying reliable Sandisk card this weekend!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost bunch of important photos, May 29, 2011
Less then a year old and I took a bunch of great shots of my Godson. When I put the SD card in my computer, no photos. I put another card in the camera and it worked fine, put this card in another camera and same thing, took the picture, but did not save it to the card. Pretty bad to stop working in less then one year, with no warning. AVOID!

Rate and Discover Movies