Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

Capacity: 16 GBPackage Type: Frustration-Free PackagingChange
Price:$4.93 - $42.90

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on June 28, 2007
Loved it for 3 months, fast, cheap, perfect. Then it lost 200 images, luckily not critical. I suspected a problem. Then I went on vacation, had to come home for something else, and uploaded the pictures. Out of maybe 300, it transfered 10 or so and then everything just dissappeared. No images on Disk. Not happy. Luckiliy it wasn't a wedding or something.

I have a Nikon D80, and it works great with my other cards. The Transcend is tagged for destruction unless I can return it or something.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2008
I have been using the card in my Canon 450.....twice the camera issued a message, while taking pictures, that the card was unformatted....Once I get this message I am locked up until I power the camera off, unseat and reseat the card.......then it seems to work fine until I get the next message.....So, I purchased another 8GB card from a different vendor and so far have not had any problems. I got the message once while shooting continuously and I filled the cameras memory......might be that this card really isn't a class 6 as advertised...
VINE VOICEon October 19, 2008
I bought this SD card for 2 applications:

1) I am a musician who records himself and his students practicing with a "mere" digital pocket camera (both a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4K 8.1MP Digital Camera with 10x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black) and a Canon PowerShot A720IS 8MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom, depending on which movie format I need -- this card works great in both) set on "movie" mode. I've reached the point where I've needed more storage time than I had on the high-performance/speed 2GB Kingston and SanDisk cards I was using, and this card has performed remarkably well.

2) I also make audio-only recordings of myself, as well as rehearsals and performances of larger ensembles I play with on my Zoom H2 Handy Portable Stereo Recorder, and this card should provide about 8-hours of recording time at CD quality. I tend to record at higher quality levels (up to 96kHz, 24-bit), so I need more recording space than most. The device (advertised to accept up to 16GB SD cards) takes a while to recognize this card and to format it, but it seems to work pretty well after that.

I was VERY impressed with this card, and the price is almost so low it's scary -- but I believe it's worth it, at least for recording video. As for audio....

The biggest negative is that once it has a bunch of data on it, it takes a VERY long time to format (also, the H2 can't recognize it -- not even to reformat for its own use -- if it's been formatted for the Canon, and I haven't had this problem with other SD cards). I had it about 1/2 full with .avi files, and it took 15 MINUTES (!!!) to format on a Core2 Quad Processor (Q6600) with 4 GB of RAM through the computer's media port slots (connected via an internal USB bus). Most SD cards of 2GB-4GB take only a matter of SECONDS to format this way; this card formatted in seconds also the FIRST time, but subsequent attempts have taken MUCH longer, as described above.

This has me a bit nervous as to what's going on. Is the computer having to fix data errors on the card along the way? What's the holdup? I'm concerned enough that I won't be using this card to record my more important gigs -- it will remain in my case as an emergency backup.

Recommended with hesitation....
on January 4, 2010
When I bought my Canon T1i, upgrading from a Digital Rebel XT, I bought a SanDisk Extreme III Class 6 16GB SDHC card. I can shot about 54 rapid fire "sports" shots ("large" jpg only, no RAW) before the camera slows down using the SanDisk. Using this Transcend I can do about 28 before the camera slows down. This is mounted on a tripod pointed at a light so it's very bright with the shutter relaese held down. Either the SanDisk Extreme III is much faster than Class 6 -OR- the Transcend is much slower, either way, if you're shooting lots of rapid fire images as I do or HD video skip the Transcend as it doesn't hold up to advertisement.

Also, before anyone says 'well, the Sandisk is 2x the price', they're right but you get what you pay for in this case and if you need speed, this is NOT the device for you. If, on the other hand, all you're doing is shooting the occassional photo, it'll probably be just fine as they have a good reputuation for reliablity. Too bad performance doesn't match. I was prepared to buy several more.

In the end I ordered SanDisk's new Extreme Class 10 card and paid $104 for it, but when speed counts, $ is secondary.
on August 4, 2009
I was persuaded to buy two of these SDHC cards by all the positive reviews. The first one was defective. It made my brand new Nikon D90 behave strangely. About 25% of the time when I turned the camera on the "Format" screen on the LCD popped up asking if I wanted to format the card. I selected "No" and pushed the o.k. button. Unfortunately, this did not get rid of the screen. I had to turn the camera off and on once, twice, or three times to get rid of the screen. It also happened sometimes during a shooting session. At first I thought that I had a defective camera. After using the card for a couple of days and still having the same problem I decided to try the other card. Using this second card solved the problem and it hasn't happened again after several days of using it. I went back and read the negative reviews and decided that the quality control by the manufacturer isn't very good. I'm going to send both of them back and order a couple of Sandisk SDHC cards.
on April 30, 2009
Storage space on this card is 16GB as advertised, but it is definitely not Class 6 as advertised and priced. This card has a max write speed of 4.2 MB/s with an average of 4.0 MB/s which is a Class 4 SD card, NOT a Class 6. Ripped off.

If you need a 16GB but not the speed, then find the cheaper priced version marked as Class 4. If you need the 16GB plus the Class 6 speed, then look elsewhere.
on August 28, 2009
I purchased several Transcend 16GB class 6 SDHC cards to go with a new Canon Camcorder. Firstly this card seems to work fine, is easy to use and the recordings are crisp and clear. However, one card failed for reasons I cannot understand, and has become completely unreadable. Any suggestions on how to recover precious footage will be most appreciated. I am just hoping that there will not be any further failures before I can back up the contents of my other cards! If not for this unfortunate and disappointing mishap, I would have given this product 5 stars. Thanks
on October 25, 2009
The reason I did not give this SD Card a one star rating is because I bought two. The first card has worked fine. No issues. However, the second card failed shortly after I started using it. Unfortunately it failed, after I had just shot some very important and hard to duplicate video. A total disaster!

I would suggest, if you are thinking about using this card for anything really important - DON'T!

If you have to pay a bit more, I would do so for a higher quality, more dependable SD Card.
on September 6, 2008
I saw a great price on the Transcend 8GB SD card and ordered it to use in my new Canon XSi Digital SLR. This SD did not record images in my XSi. I formatted the SD in the camera and tried again with the same disappointing results. All of the SanDisk SD cards have worked in the camera. And with regular rebates on the SanDisk products I'll probably stick to SanDisk's SD cards in the future.
on October 16, 2011
I ordered this product to take on my honeymoon. Halfway through, my digital camera stopped reading it and all pictures were lost. I sent the product back and received a replacement. Thus far, I have not had an issue. But if you are planning on using this card for important pictures, I would purchase a more dependable brand.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse