9,897 Reviews
 (7,423)
 (1,227)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, fast, fast!
Published on March 15, 2010 by Mike From Mesa

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work in my HD Canon camcorder
Published on February 22, 2011 by ADK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, fast, fast!, March 15, 2010
I bought this card for my Canon T1i. The card I had been using before ordering this one was a Kingston Class 6 micro sd card and it worked well enough for the type of shooting I did. Class 6 was the card speed that Canon recommended when I bought my T1i (Class 10 cards were not yet available) and it seemed fast enough for the way I used my camera - isolated single photos taken at Medium (8 MP) or Large (15 MP) jpg settings and 1280 x 720 video. And while I ocassionally took continuous photos, I had never much exceeded 5-10 photos in a row and had never run into a problem with my Class 6 card.

When I first saw the Class 10 cards I did some experiments with my camera. How many continuous Large photos could I take before the camera slowed down? It turned out to be about 30. And how many RAW photos could I take before the camera slowed down? It turned out to be about 9. SInce I did not generally take any photos in RAW and never needed more than about 10 continuous photos at Large, the Class 6 card seemed more than sufficient for my needs. But I wondered about the speed of the Class 10 cards enough that I finally bought one.

It turns out that the Class 10 card is sufficiently fast that there does not seem to be a reasonable upper limit on single Large photos. I have taken 60 on continuous without an issue. And although I still cannot take more than 9 RAW photos on continuous with the Class 10 card, when I am finished taking those photos the camera no longer displays a Wait - writing pictures screen. The RAW photos get written from the built-in memory to the card so quickly that the camera does not need to display the Wait screen.

So this card is fast! Given the way I take photos this purchase was unnecessary, but still I am glad I bought it. I know I will not run into a situation where speed is an issue with this card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transcend Vs. Sandisk on Panasonic LX5, November 12, 2010
I will be writing this review for both SanDisk Extreme SDHC class 10 8gb and Transcend SDHC class 10 16gb.

I bought SanDisk class 10 and Transcend class 10 for my new Panasonic LX5. I got both card because no one really did a comparison with a compact camera and I was just going crazy trying to see if there is any big difference between the 2 cards.

SanDisk Extreme package box indicated it's water proof, x-ray proof, shock proof, temperature proof. I am not ready to spend $50 to see if it really stand up to it's words. And I don't think normal people would go through the extreme condition in taking pictures or videos.

Cut the story short, I really want to see if there is any difference in writing performance between the 2 cards in a compact camera. There is a continuous burst mode in LX5 and the manual indicated it is only limited by the condition of picture environment and performance of the SD card. Within the mode there are 2 different settings:1) speed priority or 2) picture/quality priority. The shutter speed is much faster with speed priority compare to picture priority.

I first formatted both cards out of box then put each card in series of test(3 rounds each setting for each card) shooting at the same object under same lighting condition. The results:
Speed Priority:
SanDisk Class 10 8gb
22-33 shots before camera stopped to allow the card to catch up with writing.

Transcend Class 10 16gb
22-24 shots before camera stopped to allow the card to catch up with writing.

Picture priority
SanDisk Class 10 8gb
34-46 shots before camera stopped

Transcend Class 10 16gb
27-33 shots before camera stopped

It seems that at a higher shutter speed, both cards performed very similar under the same shooting condition. But at a slower shutter speed the SanDisk definitely out perform Transcend. I hope this little experiment satisfied anyone with curiosity like me. Transcend definitely is a bargain with 16gb and almost half of the price compare to SanDisk. But I am going to use SanDisk Extreme as my primary card and Transcend as backup or on a second camera to ensure i would not miss any shots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, April 8, 2010
I purchased this for use with my new Canon T2i. I use it primarily for shooting full resolution 1080p video, although I shoot stills as well.

The camera choked on the class 4 chip that I originally purchased, but with this one, it is amazing. I can shoot rapidfire 18 megapixel stills (I've tested it up to 30+ shots in a row), and there is no lag. I've never had an error when shooting hi-def video.

Highly recommended! I'm buying another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend vs Sandisk of equal price, July 31, 2010
OK. this card was around $47 for a class 10 16gb. The other card i bought was a Sandisk class 10 8gb for the around same price. I did a 10 sec stop watch test on both cards with my Rebel T1i on raw and the Sandisk was only faster by 1 shot in a 10 sec burst. to me it seems trivial to pay 47 bucks for a Sandisk 8gig when you can get 16 gigs for the same price. yes i know, the Sandisk is good for arctic and desert temperatures... but i live in western NY... not Antarctica or the Sahara. If your looking for a good card, with more gigs for your buck, the Transcend is well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filmmakers opinion, November 1, 2010
I use this memory card to shoot HD video on a Canon Rebel T2i HDSLR camera. I need a high transfer speed to ensure footage doesn't get lost or distorted. So far, this card works great for that purpose and operates even better when I take pictures. Highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work in my HD Canon camcorder, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E) (Personal Computers)
I bought this card in preparation for an upcoming vacation. I'm glad I tested it prior to leaving as it did not work in my camera, or at leas not as advertised. The camera simply displayed a message stating that I couldn't record in FXP mode (HD) with the current SD card (even though the technical details for the product state "Perfect for vast amounts of HD video and high-resolution images". In fact I had to bump the resolution down 2 levels before the camcorder would allow me to record. According to the documentation that came with my camcorder, it is capable of writing HD content to an SD card with a Class 4 speed rating. So, while this card is advertised as a Class 10, I don't believe it actually is. In addition to the problems using this card in my camcorder, the card also could not be read by the card reader in my PC with Windows 7. I had to plug it into the card reader on my printer before my computer would recognize it.

I returned the Transcend SD card and purchased a slightly more expensive 32GB Kensington SD card, and everything works as it should, in my camcorder, and in my PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed by the numbers, April 22, 2011
Michael Andrew Streib (Mountain View, CA United States) - See all my reviews
SD specs state that class 10 cards must guarantee 10MB/sec transfer speeds in various conditions, so it should exceed this out of the box under ideal conditions. This product's advertised speeds are "up to 20MB/sec" (which usually means reads).

Under diglloydTools DiskTester on my MBP, which can usually come pretty close to capping various flash device speeds:

Using test size of 2GB, 4MB at a time at start (0%), within a 30.2GB test file.

Iteration 1: writing...15.2MB/sec, reading...19.6MB/sec
Iteration 2: writing...15.6MB/sec, reading...19.7MB/sec
Iteration 3: writing...15.6MB/sec, reading...19.7MB/sec
Iteration 4: writing...15.7MB/sec, reading...19.7MB/sec
Iteration 5: writing...15.7MB/sec, reading...19.7MB/sec

So under good conditions (out of the box, large file transfer), I'm able to hit their advertised speeds, and both reads/writes are well above what is required for the spec. This agrees with several other reviews that the card is fast, with some numbers to back it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice card for the money, November 30, 2010
I use this card in my Canon 60D camera with both HD video and pictures... No issues so far. Card has no issues handling HD 1080p video. It seems to be transferring in the 16-17MB/s range.. i had bought a Sandisk 16GB Extreme card as well but should have just started out with this one....

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very fast, April 14, 2010
On my Panasonic GF1, it's the same speed as a Class 6 Transcend card and much slower than a Class 10 SanDisk Extreme. Buy the Transcend Class 6 if you want to save money or the SanDisk if you wan speed, but skip this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good SD card though not truly class 10, December 30, 2010
No complaints about the card since I knew that any card that claims to be class 10 that isn't sandisk doesn't have the same speed. If you NEED that high of a transfer speed e.g. you're taking tons of HD video, you're going to have to spend the big bucks. If you want 16gb of cheap reliable storage for a t2i or any other camera this is a great card. Make sure you format it with your camera!!