6,018 Reviews
 (4,570)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, fast, fast!
I bought this card for my Canon T1i. The card I had been using before ordering this one was a Kingston Class 6 micro sd card and it worked well enough for the type of shooting I did. Class 6 was the card speed that Canon recommended when I bought my T1i (Class 10 cards were not yet available) and it seemed fast enough for the way I used my camera - isolated single photos...
Published on March 15, 2010 by Mike From Mesa

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware "Class 10" designation
I have two of these cards and bought them to use with a Canon 60D. My camera manual calls for class 6 or better. I thought I was saving money buying the transcend Class 10 for less than the SanDisk Class 6. This card is not capable of recording HD video on the 60D. It is not fast enough. After a couple seconds of shooting video the camera shows an ons creen indicator that...
Published on April 26, 2011 by David M. Iannotti

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Junk if You are Using This for Video, April 6, 2011
Dan Eppinger (Danbury, Connecticut) - See all my reviews
Last month I purchased an Aluratek Cinepal video player as well as this Transcend card in order to store video in the player.

After spending a month trying everything, I was ready to give up and return the player. It skipped, jumped, and took forever to load.

As a last resort, I tried replacing the card with one that I bought at Staples. It was only an 8g card for $24.95, but it specifically said on the packaging that it was "good for video."

In short, there was nothing wrong with my player.....It was the crappy card. If you plan to use it for video, DON'T! Spend the extra bucks and avoid frustration.

Dan

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice card for the money, November 30, 2010
This review is from: Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E) (Personal Computers)
I use this card in my Canon 60D camera with both HD video and pictures... No issues so far. Card has no issues handling HD 1080p video. It seems to be transferring in the 16-17MB/s range.. i had bought a Sandisk 16GB Extreme card as well but should have just started out with this one....

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very fast, April 14, 2010
On my Panasonic GF1, it's the same speed as a Class 6 Transcend card and much slower than a Class 10 SanDisk Extreme. Buy the Transcend Class 6 if you want to save money or the SanDisk if you wan speed, but skip this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Who cares about speed, when the shell it's in is junk...So is the warranty, January 20, 2012
Had this card for six months, and it started giving me problems R/W errors. Since I had never abused the card (it sat in my second SD slot as backup in a Nikon D7000) I sent it to Transcend with an RMA. Long story short they did not Honor their warranty saying it was "physically damaged". I was quite surprised, there was also a sticker demonstrating the separation of the plastic shell. I've got 5yr old mmc cards, and know how to handle these things, this Transcend is just plain cheap. Uploaded a couple photos showing just how crappy the casing is.

2.0 out of 5 stars The best for professionals, with a price to go with it., January 21, 2011
To be perfectly honest, I would never have bought this prior to using it on a review loan from Transcend. I own many Transcend cards in multiple formats and sizes (mostly 32gb) and all perform beautifully; about one bad image per seven thousand: one SDHC for my Sony NEX-3; which shouldn't be underestimated as a profesional level camera, one CF and one SDHC card for my Canon 1Ds III; full frame and BIG for when I'm doing a fancy shoot that doesn't require too much mobility, one SDHC for a portable boot disk (should I not have my laptop and need my workspace on a computer), and one SDHC used with a USB reader as a flash drive (with a few other 8gb, 4gb, and 2gb cards). I got this card as a review unit from Transcend before they released it, and recently bought one myself at a discount from them only for when I go on long trips without my computer. I'm a freelance professional photographer, so in the usual day I'll be doing anything from a product shoot to college sports to a fashion show. Basically, all the small and medium businesses that can't payroll a full time photographer hire ones like me, usually on a regular basis. So I certainly keep myself busy and can rack up thousands of pictures in a day. Before I continue with the full review, I will mention that I used this primarily with my NEX-3, and for about an hour underwater SCUBA in my girlfriend's Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2. My Canon 1Ds III doesn't support SDXC (sadly).

Capacity: Massive! PRO.
This card is massive beyond all others. 64gb is 4000 14MP RAW pictures. That's absolutely top of the line capacity. 4000 pictures is even above and beyond what I use in three or four large shoots. Usually I use JPEG, which is about a third to a fifth the size of a RAW image. On my NEX-3, it reported 10,250 14MP Fine JPEG pictures, double that (20,500) in 7.1MP Fine JPEG, and double THAT (41,000) in 3.5MP Fine JPEG. All of these are truly ridiculous. But that was for a full APS-C sensor camera at highest possible quality. When I put it in the DMC-TS2 for the first time, I thought it couldn't read the card and freaked, since the "pictures left" indicator just kept flashing. I put it back into the NEX-3 and it was fine. So I figured I'd take a couple shots with the TS2 with the card in and see what happened. Lo and behold, it saved the pictures just fine. I put it into full high speed mode with a specially rigged remote to just hold the shutter button down, and came back about 20 minutes later to see if it showed a number. Eventually it hit 9,999 after it took 2,568 pictures. So this is a card that owns the market on capacity for SD cards.

Speed: Not so fast, CON.
This card starts to fall down when it comes to speed. It gets the Class 10 speeds just fine, but not much more than that. For those that don't know, Class 10 means that no matter what happens to the card short of being completely physically destroyed, it will have at least 10 Megabytes per second sustained write speed. I maxed out the card at burst speeds of around 15MBps, but that's it. It will handle HD video perfectly fine, but it won't write fast enough to use the magical 7fps continuous speed mode on my NEX-3 to the full advantage. It went for 20 JPEG shots at 7fps before slowing down to 2.3fps. It went for only 9 RAW shots at 7fps before going down to 2fps. This is both fault on the only medium sized image buffer, but mostly on the card. My Sandisk Extreme III card can keep up at around 5.5fps on RAW or JPEG continuous speed mode. This isn't a card to buy for the highest speeds, for that get a Sandisk Extreme card. I, II, or III doesn't matter, all are more than acceptable.

Reliability: Among the best, PRO.
This is never a big problem on any big brand memory such as Lexar, Sandisk, Patriot, Kingston, or Transcend. As far as I'm concerned, as long as it's less than one bad image in a thousand I'm fine with the card. I've never ever had a bad image on a Sandisk card, but I haven't used them enough to really tell. I've used them for ~10,000 shots, and none were bad. On Lexar, Toshiba, PNY, A-Data, and Kingston (who's SD cards are all the same) I get about one bad image per two thousand. So not too bad. Patriot does a little better, with one per three thousand. And finally Transcend, which gets one bad per 7000. So image corruption is never something to really worry about, and it's usually the camera that writes bad, not the card. On older or off brand point and shoots I get about one bad per hundred shots.

Value: Absolute worst, CON.
Definitely the worst point on this card. Before another story, I'll spare you: don't buy this card unless you really, really need to or really, really want to. I cringe every time I think about how much I spent on this card. I bought it for use on a week long European backpacking trip with my girlfriend, and neither of us brought our computers, so I needed the card capacity because of that, and I have to say that it served me well for the trip. Did I need it at all? No. Would I have been smarter and better off using a couple 32gb cards? Absolutely. But the peace of mind that came with knowing I couldn't fill it was nice. I did in fact send it back afterwards and bought another 32gb card and a battery each for my 1Ds III and NEX-3. Much better purchase for the money.

Compatibility: Not too bad, but not good either. CON.
SDXC didn't exist a couple of years ago, so unless your camera is fairly new it probably won't support this card. Go to the manufacturer's site and check the product info to be double and triple sure that it works with your camera. No real experience story here, it worked with both cameras I used it with and didn't work with a camera that it wasn't designed to work with.

All in all, don't bother. You'd absolutely be better off buying two 32gb Class 10 cards and an extra battery, or one 32gb card and two extra batteries, etc, than buying this card. I can't see a true purpose for this card other than for size queens or sports photographers; but they're using CF cards. I rated this as it stands as a product, but there is virtually no marketable use for this other than maybe for expandable computer storage, in which case a 1TB portable hard drive is still cheaper. Heck, a 128GB SSD is cheaper than this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good SD card though not truly class 10, December 30, 2010
No complaints about the card since I knew that any card that claims to be class 10 that isn't sandisk doesn't have the same speed. If you NEED that high of a transfer speed e.g. you're taking tons of HD video, you're going to have to spend the big bucks. If you want 16gb of cheap reliable storage for a t2i or any other camera this is a great card. Make sure you format it with your camera!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but I wouldn't buy another Transcend Flash Memory Card - UPDATED, March 2, 2011
While reading the reviews prior to ordering this card, a reviewer mentioned that the Transcend seemed to be physically over sized. I thought that the reviewer must be crazy, SD cards are a standard size. Well, I guess I too am crazy.
I received the Transcend card this morning and after popping out the 8GB Kingston card that I had borrowed from my camera, I inserted the Transcend into my camcorder. The card just didn't feel right going into the camcorder, so I tried to pop it out. No go! Apparently when you press on it to pop it out, it releases, but it fits so tight in the slot, that the camcoder springs are not strong enough to pop it out. I had to get my finger nail on the edge of the card and pull it out of the slot.
At that time, I remembered the review that mentioned that the Transcend was over sized. I compared the Transcend to my other SD cards, a Canon and a Kingston, and I could feel that the Transcend was a bit wider. Not happy.
I figured since there is no reason why I would be popping the card in and out of the camcorder, I would keep it if it worked.
So, for the last few hours I have formatted, recorded, copied and deleted, and the card seems to work fine with my camcorder.
The fact that the card is over sized does not give me that warm fuzzy feeling that I would like to have. If Transcend can't size the card properly, what other problems are there, that are not so obvious?
If I encounter any further problems, I'll update this review.
I'll hang onto the card, but I will not purchase another Transcend item.

UPDATE: February 10,2012.
Well, I have to eat my words.
I bought another Transcend memory card. This time a 32G card. Based the purchase on price and the fact that the ill fitting 16G card has worked flawlessly.
I purchased the 32G card to be used with the same camcorder that the 16G card was being used with, thus I have been swapping the 2 cards.
The new, 32G, card could be inserted and ejected from the camcorder, without binding, from day one, and after a few iterations of the 16G card being inserted and ejected, it no longer sticks.
So, both cards work well and neither binds/sticks when being inserted and ejected.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by "Class 10", May 17, 2010
Diga Desi (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Canon T2i (550D). It is sufficient for photos. But it can not keep up with 1080p video at 30fps. The video recording stops automatically because it can't write fast enough. I will be returning and getting a Sandisk. Note that the speed on this one is only 20mb/sec whereas Sandisk class 10 is 30mb/sec. You get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, September 7, 2011
Nichole Campbell (Fort Worth, Texas) - See all my reviews
I am a professional photographer. I used this card without any problems during a shoot yesterday morning. When I turned on my camera to sort through images before transferring to my external hard drive, a message popped up that said "Cannot access card. Format or replace card." I tried to put the card in my computer, and it couldn't even identify the card. I attempted to format with plans to run a recovery program... Neither my camera or computer could format it. It said "Card cannot be formatted. Replace card." I brought it to the Geek Squad who verified that the card is fried and there is no way to get the images off of it. I have lost several hours of time, hundreds of dollars and some credibility with my client. I will not be purchasing any Transcend products in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good card when received, but is failing now, October 15, 2010
This card performs as claimed. Very fast as a class 10 must be. Capacity is huge (3000 photos or 240 min of video with my 14 MP Sony). Highly recommended. Price can't be better. Thanks Transcend.

This is a review on 2010-11-27. I am experiencing problems with this card, camera reports that card is not inserted well, have to take out and reinsert quite often.