5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent uSDHC card!!!
I tested this device under lab conditions. here are the results:

Testing conditions:
interface: Kingston USB card reader with USB 2 high speed PC interface.
Tested with and without the supplied uSD to SD card interface.

Write speed: 12MB/Sec.
Read speed: 18MB/Sec.

Capacity: 8,010,072,064 Bytes (after formatting)...
Published on August 28, 2011 by Ofer Bretter

1.0 out of 5 stars Randomly Disconnects while in Phone
Published on August 26, 2012 by BZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent uSDHC card!!!, August 28, 2011
Ofer Bretter (Ramat gan Israel) - See all my reviews
I tested this device under lab conditions. here are the results:

Testing conditions:
interface: Kingston USB card reader with USB 2 high speed PC interface.
Tested with and without the supplied uSD to SD card interface.

Write speed: 12MB/Sec.
Read speed: 18MB/Sec.

Capacity: 8,010,072,064 Bytes (after formatting).
Formatted file system: FAT32.

this uSD may be fast enough for full HD recording in real time, since it has a 12MB/sec write speed which is 96Mbit/Sec.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fast, but it can be slower than a Class 6 at times..., April 26, 2012
I bought two of these for an Android phone (Captivate) and tablet (Nook Color). The Nook Color is running Android (CM9) on the card itself, while the Captivate is using the card for extra storage. So far, both are running just fine without a problem.

CrystalDiskMark 3.0 benchmark using an IOGear GFR304SD USB 3.0 card reader:

Transcend microSDHC 8GB Class 10
Sequential: 22.717 MB/s read, 21.559 MB/s write
Read 512KB: 21.947 MB/s read, 1.037 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=1): 4.284 MB/s read, 0.010 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=32): 4.498 MB/s read, 0.010 MB/s

(I've also posted a snapshot of CDM & ATTO)

For comparison, here's the CrystalDiskMark 3.0 benchmark of the Class 6 version using the same reader:

Transcend microSDHC 8GB Class 6
Sequential: 19.044 MB/s read, 9.785 MB/s write
Random 512KB: 18.709 MB/s read, 1.578 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=1): 7.014 MB/s read, 0.021 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=32): 7.008 MB/s read, 0.021 MB/s write

As shown in the benchmark, this Class 10 is fast when it comes to large sequential access, but is a little worse than the Class 6 version when it comes to smaller random access. I think this card is perfect for a camera or another device that primarily read/writes large files. In my case though, since I'm using it on my phone and tablet where small random read/writes are more likely, I probably would have been better off with the older Transcend Class 6 card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex-cell-ant!!!, October 13, 2011
djinx (Central U.S.) - See all my reviews
I have been buying a lot of Transcend memory products and have to say they are the best bang for the buck. I've seen some reviews that complain about speed and reliability but I have seen the same complaints about ALL the other manufacturers. Having been a computer tech for 16 years I can't find any fault with these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Randomly Disconnects while in Phone, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Transcend 16 GB Class 10 microSDHC Flash Memory Card TS16GUSDHC10 (Personal Computers)
I bought this card as an upgrade for my Android phone (HTC Aria). While in my phone, whenever I would transfer data to/from the card or even use apps installed to the card, the card would randomly disconnect and wouldn't be usable without a reboot. I have tried 3 other cards in my phone and none of them go nuts like this. The card seemed to work fine when inserted into my computer's SD card reader, so it might be some kind of compatibility issue.

Also, as the other reviewer mentioned, the speeds were unimpressive. I generally got about 6-7 MB/s writes, and the maximum speed I could eke out via any means (in ATTO) was 9 MB/s. Class 10 is supposed to indicate a *minimum* of 10 MB/s for sustained writes. If it ain't Class 10, don't write Class 10 on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast enough for a phone, June 19, 2012
Ryan Rampersad (Saint Paul, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
I don't have much brand loyalty when it comes to card based media. My Android phone's gallery and other functions were really slow with my out-of-the-box 4GB memory card. With this Transcend 8GB card, I can load podcasts, audio books and tons of high resolutions photos en masse and with blazing speed. My phone can now take pictures, write them to the card, and get back to taking pictures again in a few tenths of a second, compared to what took about a second previously.

So if your phone feels slow when you're using the SD card, try getting something least class 8, but the high the better. I'm definitely recommending this.

4.0 out of 5 stars These work great, December 29, 2011
Ordered three of these and they all work great. Noticeably faster than my old class four cards both in devices and/or card reader. Minus one star because they didn't come with the little case to store adapter and card when not using.

5.0 out of 5 stars No jitter, October 10, 2011
Got these for a mini hd camera. installed them on a remote control plane and did ariel video was ver smooth compared to other lower class rated cards. [...]

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars it's 32GB, May 2, 2013
For Class 10, I personally think the write speed pretty slow especially once it starts getting full,
With nothing on the device and it writes 10-12MB/s (just barely class 10) once it starts getting full (less then 15 gigs) the card slows down considerably to 4-5MB/s (class 4 speeds), (this is with large contiguous files)
Read speed is about 19-23MB/s

To isolate the device as an issue, I tested this product under PC using a MicroSD card reader using ChkFlsh, and in my Android Tablet with cache size set to 2048 and 4096, both systems reported similar results.

Doesn't give the feeling of a long lasting product, I'm cautious not to store any long term data on it, so that speaks of how I feel about this product.
I have a significantly cheaper TopRAM Class 10 off-brand MicroSD card that performs much better then this product.

With that said I definitely wouldn't order this product again, If I had known I would of ordered the UHS 1 card for the same price.

Also with their strict warranty as others have reported, I am always nervous even just touching the card as I might leave a scratch or a fingerprint.....
Transcend was bad choice.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 2, 2013 5:30:50 PM PDT
Dear Odin,

Thanks for your feedback.

The warranty is void if the card has physical damage as for example, it is cut it in pieces or in half. For scratches or fingerprints, it doesnt matter.

If you feel the card is getting slower, so you can return the card for a new one since it has life time warranty.

Please feel free to contact us by phone or email should you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter. Email us at: AmazonSupport-US@Transcend-Info.com or by phone at (714) 921-2000 x2244.

Yours in Service,

Captain Transcend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been a great card, November 9, 2011
Joshua Bliss (Hesperia, ca United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this 16 gig class 10 card for my android phone to add additional capacity. I specifically wanted the fastest class I could get to aid in opening files, watching video content and to aid in saving photos and HD video. This card has functioned beautifully since purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, nice and fast!, August 8, 2013
Can't beat this Transcend flash memory card.

I got this card for my phone, so I copied everything from my old 8 gig class 4 card to this nice shiny class 10 card and it's worked no problems, my phone is working just as good as ever, I actually notice a speed difference with games loading and other things which is what I was hoping for.

32 gig is a nice upgrade from my 8 gig I was using...plus it's class 10 so it's nice and fast!

Lifetime warranty, so yeah don't have any hesitations about using this! I've used a couple of their other different flash memory devices as well and they've worked great too, so Transcend is a good company I will use again.

Rate and Discover Movies