Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Capacity: 16 GBPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 13, 2011
(This is the original review - please read all the way to the bottom for an update)

Bought this micro SD card about 6 months for my smartphone. Stopped working all of a sudden. Tried it on my laptop and was not even recognized. Fortunately had all original packaing so very easily went to Transcend's website to get an RMA form. Shipped the product with the form, a few days later I get a package back. Well: they sent me the memory back with a little sticker pointing to a MICRO SCRATCH ON THE PLASTIC, BARELY VISIBLE WITH THE NAKED EYE. They sent a form letter with a check mark next to "physical damage to product" and a parapgraph quoting their warranty. I couldn't believe it. I was not even awre there was a superficial scratch evidnetly from normal wear and tear until they sent this thing back to me. I literally had to get my wife's reading glasses to find this. Then I decided to take a picture of it with a MACRO lense so I can show everyone here what it is but can't seem to find how to post a picture here (if interested send me a note or comment here and I can email you the pictures). I really really wish I could post the pictures here because you will literally fall on your behind laughing!
Bottom line, Transcend is cheaper because they skimp on quality and look for anything they can hang on to to avoid honoring a warranty. Talk about buyer beware! Pay a few bucks more and get a reputable known electronics company to get your memory from!!!!
UPDATE: Uploaded product pictures for your viewing pleasure (under product page, images)

UPDATE March 29, 2012 >>

Today I returned home from a trip and found a couple of things. 1) A phone message from the Sales Manager at Transcend and 2) An overnight envelope containing a brand new 32GB chip and a personal letter from the sales manager. From his writing, it was evident he was not happy about what had happened and surely not happy about how this was handled by the warranty/support department and indicated he had already followed up with them. So, Transcend did make it right in the end. It did take 3 full months and evidently the attention of this thread caught their eye. I have decided not to remove the original review becuase it is in the end the story of my experience, and even though it did end up right, it did take an internet 'rant' and months to call attention to this poor customer experience. I will soon give the sales manager a callback to indicate my appreciatino of his effort as well. I will say I have worked in product support for over 2 decades at a major software company and no support/warranty department is perfect. Others may and will run into similar issues with any other company - it is how you respond to the customer when problems happen that makes a difference, always. If you are wondering, yes, the attention of the Sales manager has made a difference in my opinion of their customer care and even though this did leave me with very little desire to come back as a customer, I will still give them praise for eventually making it right.
5757 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Emmanuelli,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the return of your TS32GUSDHC4.

We totally understand you didn't break the TS32GUSDHC4, and the card might get broken during the transit from the postal office to us.

We always we encourage to our customers to keep in mind to use bubble wrap or any protection on any product before they ship it to us to avoid situations like this one.

Since the warranty just covers electrical damage, we can't replace your memory card.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me at 714-279-1863 or email us .

Yours in service,

Captain Transcend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 7, 2011
For price, warranty, speed, and dependability, look no further. This is the best of the bunch. To be fair, it is not perfect. There are pros and cons.
1. The unit comes with an SD adapter. As a result, it is usable for many electronic devices.
2. The speed is fast for a Class 4.
The write speed range is between 2.8-5.3 mb/s. Most of the write activity is at 4.0 mb/s.
The read/data transfer rate is between 13 and 25 mb/s. Most of the transfer activity concentrates at 19 mb/s.
I use this storage device in my Sansa MP3 Player. I can not tell the difference in speed between the built-in 8 gb. internal memory or the Transcend 32 gb. In fact, I prefer the recordings on the latter. The music sounds better.
3. It is the only product with a lifetime limited warranty. So, the material and construction have to be high quality. . . . Transcend is not stupid. Too many defects and short life make the product unprofitable to sustain.
4. The manufacturer is a multi-billion Taiwan based firm. It is not a "fly-by night" company that is going to disappear and not fulfill its legal service obligations.
5. The bulk of reviews on this product is good, with the exception of two or three who received their products D.O.A. All other consumers are very happy with their purchases.
6. I like it so much that I ordered another.
1. The true storage volume is 29.7 gb., not the advertised 32 gb.
2. Transcend does not market a Class 6 or 10 MicroSDHC, but three other vendors do at very good prices. Of course, there are issues with their products.
For $15 more, PNY has a Class 10 with 32 gb. The customer reviews are not as good as the Transcend product, and it has a one-year warranty. . . . Again, Class 10s, as a group, are known to have read and write problems. This is true for all brands. So, until the industry improves on the stability issues that are inherent in Class 10s, it may be better to avoid them.
3C Pro sells a Class 6 with 32 gb. Customer reviews are better than Transcend. Unfortunately, the company is not listed on and does not have a website, although many online companies sell its products. Its biggest problem is product warranty. There is none. This was verified by's customer service.
Komputerbay markets a Class 10 with 32 gb. with a lifetime warranty. One set of customer evaluations gave high ratings, while another gave average marks. Despite the reviews, I never heard of this company - so I conducted an online investigation. The firm is a small importer of Chinese-made electronic devices. It buys up cheap stuff and sells them under its brand. The quality is not consistent because the manufacturing sources vary. As a result, there are consumer complaints listed on the internet.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 28, 2011
I bought this Transcend 32GB MicroSD card for use in my 7" Galaxy Tab. It's a class 4 speed, which means that it has to have a read/write speed that is at least 4MB/s sustained. I clocked mine at around 4.5MB/s to 5MB/s which is consistent with their claims. It's been working well in my Galaxy Tab and I really can't complain. I've had great luck with Transcend brand memory cards in the past. They are cheap, reliable, and high quality cards. I don't think I've ever had one fail on me yet. I like that this card comes with an included adapter that lets you use this as an SDHC card too. This means that you can use it in Micro-SD and regular SDHC devices.

Here is some more information about SDHC cards and speed classes. This excerpt is taken from my own review of the 8GB Transcend SDHC card.

-SDHC cards are not compatible with most older SD cameras, SD devices, or SD card readers.

-SDHC cards are rated by speed using different "classes". There are currently 4 data transfer speed classes available for SDHC cards. These classes are "class 2, class 4, and class 6, and the new class 10. For example, "Class 2" would have the slowest read/write speed while "Class 10" currently has the fastest read/write speed. So if you have a device in which speed may play a crucial role, make sure you buy a higher "class" SDHC card. Please note that this SDHC card no longer has the fastest read/write speed available. There is now a new class, called "Class 10". Class 6 has a minimum read/write speed of 6MB/sec... while Class 2 has minimum speed rating of 2MB/sec, and Class 4 is 4MB/sec. Starting to see the pattern?

-SDHC cards are not only for digital cameras. Any device that is compatible with SDHC cards should work with this card. Just make sure that it takes a full-sized SDHC card. For example, there are some devices that use smaller cards... like Micro-SDHC or Mini-SDHC. If you have a Micro-SDHC or Mini-SDHC card already and want to use it in a full sized SDHC device, you can buy an adapter that can make those cards larger so that they can fit into a full sized SDHC card slot. However, you cannot make a full size SDHC card fit into a Micro-SDHC or Mini-SDHC slot.

SDHC is basically an upgrade to the older SD cards. The reason they upgraded it was to achieve greater data transfer speeds AND capacity than previously possible with normal SD cards... and to do this, they had to redesign the card (which is why it's not compatible with normal SD devices). This was necessary because digital cameras and digital video cameras these days have higher resolutions, which equate to larger file sizes and faster data transfer needs.

Now that many digital cameras also can record HD video, you may consider getting a larger capacity card because video takes much more space than photos. The size of the video varies from camera to camera depending on what resolution and video compression the camera uses. If you plan on taking lots of video (especially HD video), I would consider getting at least a 16GB card. Check your camera specifications to see how many minutes per Gig of memory your camera can capture gauge how big of a memory card you'll want to get to meet your needs.

Special Note on regular SD Cards:
If you primarily take casual photos and don't need a exceptionally fast read/write capable card, you should know that newer cameras that take "SDHC" cards will also work with older normal "SD" cards. These older cards are cheaper than the new SDHC cards, so this may be something to consider. So to sum things up, newer cameras will take SDHC and regular SD cards, but older cameras that use SD cards may not be able to use SDHC cards. This is because newer technology is usually made to be compatible with older technology (the technical term used to describe this is "backwards compatibility") ... but older technology may not have the hardware necessary to run newer tech (technical term used is "obsolete"... just kidding! ;)
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
Like most, I went for the fastest card when I got my new phone. I figured class 10 was faster than class 4, so it must be better, right? Wrong. It turns out that a card tuned for fast sequential performance has slow random performance on small files. A class 10 card is great for a HD camcorder because it's always writing a large amount of data sequentially. It sucks for a phone or tablet using the card to randomly store lots of small files.

The CrystalDiskMark scores I got with the Transcend class 4 32GB card are (100 MB transferred):
seq: 22.9 MB/s read, 4.3 MB/s write
512k: 22.0 MB/s read, 1.3 MB/s write
4k: 3.3 MB/s read, 1.3 MB/s write

In contrast, here's the 16GB class 10 card it's replacing:
seq: 21.8 MB/s read, 12.0 MB/s write
512k: 21.5 MB/s read, 0.9 MB/s write
4k: 5.7 MB/s read, 0.008 MB/s write (yes 0.008)

So read speeds are roughly the same, with the class 10 having a small advantage with small files. Write speed of the class 10 is about 3x faster on sequential files, but the class 4 is a whopping 160x faster with really small files. Unless you're writing lots of big files to the card (e.g. recording video), avoid the class 10. The class 6 and 4 cards offer much more balanced performance.
on July 26, 2011
I dont do reviews.. I think this might be my first. But I consider myself pretty tech savi. I was upgrading from 16 gig class 2 microsd. It transferred at about 3.4 megabytes a second to my PC. I looked at alot of micro SD cards and I usually do my homework before making a purchase. This one is the best for its $$$ in terms of capacity (32 gigs, reads 29.7) and speed (class 4). I get a transfer speed of 9 megabytes a seconds (which is nuts for a class 4! class + # = speed in Megabytes which can vary though depending on quality etc.), when I go into my phone, images/videos load up 3 times faster, it used to take me like 1 min to load 88 image thumbnails. Now it takes like 3-10 seconds. Highly recommended, transcend is sort of a well known name brand. Quality wise.. will if t breaks within the first year, Ill be posting here again.

A side note. dont go for the class 10 cards, they are unreliable and i read reviews that they break fairly easy. Unless its a great name brand and not some Unknown KompPlus yada yada company. I think itll be fine. Also class 10 on smaller size microsd should be more reliable.
on August 12, 2011
It came in retail packaging and included the adapter, so the product does not seem to be a knock off. However it was broken right out of the box. If this was a hard disk drive I'd assume it was most likely the delivery companies fault and I wouldn't be leaving a review, but for an SD card to be broken out of the box brings into question the reliability of their products. I bought a 16GB SDHC Sandisk card on the same order as this card and the Sandisk is working flawlessly. Just to reassure you that I am not an idiot I tried this card on multiple devices and none of them could mount the card. I first tried it on a Windows Machine, Windows tried to format it but failed after taking forever to detect the card, then I tried it on my Android phone and it stated the card was empty, asked for format and it also failed. I saw people complaining about broken cards on the bulk packaging versions so I thought perhaps this was a safer bet. At the end of the day, the cheap Sandisk in bulk packaging was the working card and this retail one was broken.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2011
My Motorola Droid X came with a 16GB Sandisk Class 2 MicroSDHC card. After running out of memory thanks to apps and music, I bought this card as an upgrade.

Drag and drop of the old card's 15.4GB contents to my new card (via a Kingston USB-MicroSD adapter) did take a good 40 minutes, but no other complications. Apparently this Class 4 card can sustain a write speed closer to 6MB/sec.

I've read the Droid X can't support higher than Class 4 so I settled on this card, and it seems like a winner.
on July 9, 2011
This card is now inside of my Motorola Atrix 4G. I upgraded from an 8GB SanDisk Class 2 card.
This card works, it's not one of those bogus cards (Don't quote me - just make sure you check the vendor of the card before you buy!), but it's also a bit of a disappointment too.
This card is class 4 - which means it is guaranteed to write at 4MB/s. Which it does, but not much more. Doing speed tests gets me around 4-5 MB/s write speed and 8 read. My old class 2 got 6-7 write, and 12 read.
Class 10's are incredibly expensive, but this works for me.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
Card worked fine for video in Contour HD and Canon S95 (with SD adapter) for four weeks, then failed completely with "card errors".
on November 21, 2014
I bought this microSD flash card for my phone because my phone only came with an 8 GB one. This comes with the adapter to plug into computer. When I got it, i was just plugged it in, and it worked. Just simple like that. I was able to max out the storage for my phone by spend less than a dollar per GB. The quality of the card is very good for a microSD card with a cheap price. The best thing that i like about this product is its the only product with a lifetime limited warranty. I would love to recommend this to anyone who needs more space on their phone.