Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Transcend 8 GB Class 10 microSDHC Flash Memory Card TS8GUSDHC10
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Capacity: 8 GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 28, 2011
I tested this device under lab conditions. here are the results:

Testing conditions:
interface: Kingston USB card reader with USB 2 high speed PC interface.
Tested with and without the supplied uSD to SD card interface.

Write speed: 12MB/Sec.
Read speed: 18MB/Sec.

Capacity: 8,010,072,064 Bytes (after formatting).
Formatted file system: FAT32.

this uSD may be fast enough for full HD recording in real time, since it has a 12MB/sec write speed which is 96Mbit/Sec.
on April 26, 2012
I bought two of these for an Android phone (Captivate) and tablet (Nook Color). The Nook Color is running Android (CM9) on the card itself, while the Captivate is using the card for extra storage. So far, both are running just fine without a problem.

CrystalDiskMark 3.0 benchmark using an IOGear GFR304SD USB 3.0 card reader:

Transcend microSDHC 8GB Class 10
Sequential: 22.717 MB/s read, 21.559 MB/s write
Read 512KB: 21.947 MB/s read, 1.037 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=1): 4.284 MB/s read, 0.010 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=32): 4.498 MB/s read, 0.010 MB/s

(I've also posted a snapshot of CDM & ATTO)

For comparison, here's the CrystalDiskMark 3.0 benchmark of the Class 6 version using the same reader:

Transcend microSDHC 8GB Class 6
Sequential: 19.044 MB/s read, 9.785 MB/s write
Random 512KB: 18.709 MB/s read, 1.578 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=1): 7.014 MB/s read, 0.021 MB/s write
Random 4KB (QD=32): 7.008 MB/s read, 0.021 MB/s write

As shown in the benchmark, this Class 10 is fast when it comes to large sequential access, but is a little worse than the Class 6 version when it comes to smaller random access. I think this card is perfect for a camera or another device that primarily read/writes large files. In my case though, since I'm using it on my phone and tablet where small random read/writes are more likely, I probably would have been better off with the older Transcend Class 6 card.
review image review image
on October 13, 2011
I have been buying a lot of Transcend memory products and have to say they are the best bang for the buck. I've seen some reviews that complain about speed and reliability but I have seen the same complaints about ALL the other manufacturers. Having been a computer tech for 16 years I can't find any fault with these.
on August 26, 2012
I bought this card as an upgrade for my Android phone (HTC Aria). While in my phone, whenever I would transfer data to/from the card or even use apps installed to the card, the card would randomly disconnect and wouldn't be usable without a reboot. I have tried 3 other cards in my phone and none of them go nuts like this. The card seemed to work fine when inserted into my computer's SD card reader, so it might be some kind of compatibility issue.

Also, as the other reviewer mentioned, the speeds were unimpressive. I generally got about 6-7 MB/s writes, and the maximum speed I could eke out via any means (in ATTO) was 9 MB/s. Class 10 is supposed to indicate a *minimum* of 10 MB/s for sustained writes. If it ain't Class 10, don't write Class 10 on the box.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2014
I've got the 4GB Transcend MicroSD card with adapter for my PowerShot to remember that my Powershot can only handle up to 2 GB, what a bummer.
I had it sitting around for a month and then got a Bluetooth Speaker with a tf card slot (microSD) and now I load it up with music and use it for that purpose.

Contents:
Plastic Case
MicroSD card
Adapter

The transfer rate was fine. I added a bunch of files and filled it to the max and there was no issues with card capacity.

I have had no issues so far and that's after a month of storage and around two months of music usage.

Now I just enjoy my music without draining my phone's battery.

Overall, a card that has not failed me yet!

Hope this has been somewhat helpful to ya! If not, leme know what you wish to know.
on June 19, 2012
I don't have much brand loyalty when it comes to card based media. My Android phone's gallery and other functions were really slow with my out-of-the-box 4GB memory card. With this Transcend 8GB card, I can load podcasts, audio books and tons of high resolutions photos en masse and with blazing speed. My phone can now take pictures, write them to the card, and get back to taking pictures again in a few tenths of a second, compared to what took about a second previously.

So if your phone feels slow when you're using the SD card, try getting something least class 8, but the high the better. I'm definitely recommending this.
on July 28, 2014
I used this micro SD in a ROKU 3. (Yeah, I know 8GB is overkill for a ROKU but I overdo everything). When you get the screen that says an SD card has been detected and you are asked if you want to format it, click the "format" button. It will format part of it (maybe 50 or 60%) and then kick back to the "SD detected..." screen. Just be patient, click Format again and it'll format a bit more and then kick back to that "detected" screen again. You might have to do this 4 or 5 times before the ROKU formats all of it. Eventually it will and on the Settings-About screen , you'll see an SD card down at the bottom and showing its size as 7.8 GB (that's the correct size because years ago, HDD makers, et. al., started defining a KB as 1000 bytes instead of 1024 bytes- makes 'em seem bigger. This lie created a mathematical error which will be with us forever. Any 8GB card will be shown as 7.8GB)

None of the above nonsense means that there's anything wrong with this SD card. ROKU can just get picky now and then.

By the way, I've used this same brand of card in the Raspberry PI and it worked fine.
on March 1, 2016
Worked like a charm. Had no problems installing it into my Roku 3. Turned Roku off by unplugging electrical cord, then installed chip ( press firmly), and everything worked great when turning the Roku back on.
on December 31, 2014
One still alive, one dead.

One of my two Transcend class 10 cards died a few days ago. I purchased it in April and used it quite a bit, but 8 months is still a pretty short life span for one of these. I'm used to throwing out no-name uSD cards after less than a year of use, but this is the first time a name brand card died in under two years. Shorter warranty than the Kingston and Sandisk parts, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
on February 23, 2014
The latest map update from Garmin for my Nüvi 2450 was too large to fit on the internal memory of the device. I call that planned obsolescence. Even though Garmin states that they only officially support cards that are 8GB or less, I opted for the 16GB card since is was only $2 more and, if it didn't work, I could use it elsewere. The map update went well and the device works just the same as it did previously. Now I have lots of free space to store more vehicles, voices, pictures, etc. The speed of the map navigation looks to be the same too. I would guess the Class 10 card is probably overkill, but for the price it seemed like a good deal. I have other Transcend cards and they have all been very reliable.