5.0 out of 5 stars informal test results for this 400x card indicate...this baby is fast!
If you need a fast high capacity CF card at a reasonable price, Transcend's 32GB (Blue) card is a good choice. This 400X card has a maximum read speed of 90MB/sec, and more importantly a write speed of 60MB/sec.

Shooting photos at maximum quality (saving both JPEG and RAW files), I was looking for a faster card for my Canon 7D an 18 megapixel digital SLR. The...
Published on September 23, 2010 by trebe

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 1 month
Like another poster, this card also failed on me after one month. I used it in a Canon 5DMk2, taking movies, images. I had an important shoot to do for a friend's family (all gathered from out of town). Everything seemed fine while taking the photos. I was able to review them on the camera, etc.

Got home, took the card out, plugged it into the PC's card...
Published on October 15, 2010 by A. Kirk

‹ Previous | 1 2 367 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for HD Video, December 17, 2010
I bought a few of these for video on the 7D and have not had any problems. I used to use the Transcend 133X without any problems until I did a firmware update on the 7D. After that I kept getting errors. After much research I learned that, for some reason (after updating the firmware) my old cards were not fast enough. This was tested on several 7D's. With these newer 400x cards I have no problems whatsoever. I have shot hours and hours of footage on multiple cameras and have not had a single problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and relatively inexpensive, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Transcend 32 GB Compact Flash Card 400X (Blue) (Personal Computers)
When I got my 5D MkII I wanted a big, fast card, and really didn't know what to expect in terms of price. I figured if I could find a 32GB that was at least 300-400x for under $100, I'd be set. I visited my local camera shop which is know for being pretty fair about mark-ups on items and was shocked when I was told a comparably fast 16GB card would run me around $129.

Obviously I decided to take my business to Amazon, and very quickly found this Transcend 400x 32GB card. For the price it's perfect. As a card in general it is superb. I frequently shoot video with the 5D MkII, and exclusively shoot RAW images, and I have yet to reach the limitations of this card's buffer and speed. Paired with my Lexar Professional Express Card Compact Flash Reader LRWEXPPRBNA I have an ideally speedy workflow.

If price is a major factor, and even if it isn't, don't hesitate to buy this CF card.

2.0 out of 5 stars D700 Not Supported as of 11-24-10, very slow read/review performance, November 25, 2010
As of Thanksgiving 2010, the Nikon D700 has Issues with the Transcend 400X 64GB card. I am not sure if Transcend or Nikon is to blame, but the card has serious issues when trying to review images shot, as well as start up and shut down. So far I have had NO problems with losing images, or the write speed or buffer of the card, but unfortunately the card is VERY SLOW on review of images shot, or at least the initial acces into the review system.. It can take several seconds from pressing the play button on my D700 for the first image to appear. To some users this drawback may be worth it, considering the card is such a good value, but I wish I had gotten a smaller card that had official Nikon support, and fast playback access like my previous card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected in Canon 7D, November 17, 2010
This Transcend 32Gb CF 400x Card has the build quality of a SanDisk 8Gb 200x card I borrowed from a friend the weekend before this came. I shot over 1100 photos in a matter of 90 minutes, all 25mb RAW files (totaling 25gb on the card), of two 15 month olds (so a mix of single shot and high speed bursts) and this card kept up just fine.

I don't see a need in my near future for a 600x card, and the 32Gb was more than enough space. When formatted, it is about 29.5Gb.

I have no regrets and for the price and quality, I would buy again without a doubt.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but I encountered a major issue, October 29, 2010
Jonas K "Kodachrome" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I used this with my Canon 5d MkII to capture 1080p video. The performance was great and I was very happy to begin with.

On the third day of shooting I had a big scare - a bunch of video clips disappeared when I put the memory card in my SanDisk CompactFlash FW 800 reader and transferred to my MacBook Pro 15". I had about 50 clips in total, of which 30 were lost and 20 remained. It was not possible to attribute it to a user mistake such as formatting the card. If anyone is interested in more details about this issue, I'd be more than happy to provide them.

Note 1: I don't know if the problem was caused by the memory card, the card reader or the computer/OS; they all appear to be potential culprits. Given the gravity of the problem, I wanted to share it anyway.

Note 2: I was able to recover 29/30 clips using a 3rd party software called "RescuePro". But at that point I had already gone back and re-shot those scenes :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Died After 1 Month, February 21, 2011
Just like several other users, this card died after 28 days of use. Well not totally died, but in the world of photography, if a card loses all the content once, it's useless from then on.

The card had about 150 photos on it. I imported them. Did not delete. Put into camera... no pictures. Put back into card reader... no pictures. Check available space... still taken up by phantom files which are invisible.

This card is worthless, and it seems to happen in roughly 10% of cases. That's a very bad track record. I'm glad that I didn't have my upcoming vacation photos from halfway around the world on it. I don't think Transcend would spring for a return trip to India.

Bottom line:
Don't trust this card with your important photos. Buy something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 1 month, September 3, 2010
I'm not a fun of writing bad reviews. Personally I like Transcend and I have had many different flash cards and USB flash drives of this brand. All of them were excellent, except this case. The new 32gb card failed in my Canon 40D the same day I came to Acapulco, Mexico. I had about 300 photos taken by this time. The card seems to have some evidence of life - it shows that it has 3 gb used out of 32 gb but does not show any files and does not allow any access to the card. I need to get a CF reader now to try to recover the photos if it is still possible.

---

Updated:
CF reader did not help. I could not neither get access to the file nor format the card. Returned it to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 32GB Compact Flash Card, October 2, 2010
I was looking for a fast reliable CF card for my new Canon 7D DLSR. I reseached alot of cards from ultra expensive to ultra cheap. I found this card to be in the price range and performance range I needed. I took a chance and bought the card. I am very satisfied with its performance for both video and photography. It is fast enough to keep up with the 7D HD video shooting with out buffering issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, great price, December 9, 2010
I was a little hesitant at first, knowing I was about to trust my entire vacation to this CF card in my Canon 5d Mark II (including some HD video). In the end, I discovered I had nothing to worry about.

I'm sure the Sandisk Extreme 20-billion cards are great, but the cost-to-performance ratio of the Transcend is outstanding at a fraction of the price. I shot in jpeg. I shot in RAW. I shot in HD video. My camera had no problems writing to the card, and the card appeared to have no problems keeping up with the camera.

All in all, I'm quite pleased. And, if I needed another one, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Transcend 400X.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for the Size, November 4, 2010
Have had good luck with other Transcend products in the past and gave this huge card a try. I shoot with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1MP Full Frame CMOS Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) and need something that could hold LOTS of RAW photos and was reasonably fast. This card does not have as fast of a write speed as Lexar Professional Series 16 GB 300x UDMA CompactFlash Memory Card CF16GB-300-381 which I also have but can't complain at this price point. So far it's performed very well, no issues. When shooting action when speed counts, take a smaller, faster card, but if you want to fit an entire vacation's photos on one card, this is the one. My 5D Mark II says this card will hold 2,400 +/- RAW photos. YEA!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 367 | Next ›