Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Transcend 32GB JetFlash 760 USB 3.0 Flash Drive (TS32GJF760)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 6, 2012
This flash drive is great. Addressing what others complained about in other reviews, the complaints I confirm are legitimate, but are not to worry about. In my 3.0 ports, I was able to transfer 556 songs (4gb of data)onto the flash drive in 3 mins, and 30 seconds. Half the time it took a usb 2.0 in the same usb 3.0 port. Construction: it is slightly cheap, but the quality still seems nice for the price you pay. I just would recommend you keep it in a pocket of your pants, backpack, laptop case, whatever; and you'll be fine. The lock: when you slide the usb plug out, there is a lock that prevents it from going in when you insert it. You have to put slight pressure down on the slider to put it back in its original position. When I put this flash drive in my laptop, the lock did not fail and cause the usb to go back in like with other reviewers despite the fact that my laptop's usb ports are very stiff and require quite some pressure. It's likely the lock will wear out one day. This is 14.7 gigs (omg not 16????). News flash, but no matter what flash drive or computer you get, the data it holds won't be exact. My mom has a computer with a 1 terabyte hard drive (I'm jealous), and it only came with 918 available. There is a proportional absence in all types of memory storage (do the math if you want). For those like me who like a light to show it is working, there is a rather dim light that shines through the green plastic behind the slider. It stays on while inserted, and flashes when in use. In the end, this flash drive is great and well worth the money. It looks great with shiny black (the ultimate color for showing the most minor scratches :/ ) and vibrant green with gray trim, is decently durable at the price with a lifetime warranty, and most importantly, it works without any problems for a low price. If you buy this, you will not be disappointed unless you get a defect. While I typed this review, my usb 2.0 flash drive is still copying all my songs (backed up my songs onto both drives).
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2012
Tested both 16 and 32 Gb USB 3.0 Transcend 760, with H2Testw.
In normal USB 2.0 (centrino 965) and expresscard PCI-E AKE USB 3.0 (2007 acer notebook)

USB 2.0 - 20 Mb/s write, 30 Mb/s read.
Same data rates, both drives. Not bad for 2.0

USB 3.0 - Better scores. And little one, FASTER in reading. (???)
.... 16 GB - 22 Mb/s write, 67 Mb/s read
.... 32 GB - 27 Mb/s write, 56 Mb/s read.
88 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2013
For the price, this is okay, however, on multiple occasions I have lost data on this drive (it keeps losing its file table, thus rendering the device useless). Perhaps I have a bad one, or perhaps it's just made that cheap. I would not use this as a main storage device, but as a backup only.

I would also format it using NTFS...as this seems the most reliable.

****updated review

I just lost my data once again...I'm not sure what's going on with this thing. I'm going to contact the seller to see if they can send me another one.

****updated after receiving new drive from Amazon.

Amazon sent me another drive very quickly. Thanks Amazon.

****final update
Just after 3 weeks of usage, the replacement drive is completely dead. I have lost my data again. :-(

I will be getting a refund and purchasing another drive from a different brand name.

The different brand did the trick...I am error free after 6 months of heavy usage.
1313 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 2, 2012
I've used several Transcend camera cards and had good luck with them, so I decided to give this flash drive a try. On 4 out 5 computers, the drive would not connect unless pushed into the USB port just so-so. If pushed in all the way it wouldn't work at all. If not pushed in quite far enough, it would work at all. It was always an in-out, in-out, trial and error until finding the drive's sweet spot. Even then, it lost its connection twice on one of the computers. Might have just gotten a bad one, but decided to return and go with a brand that's been solid in the past.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Dear Customer,

Thanks for the information provided.

The problem might take root on the connector or in the loss of firmware, so please check if the connector is loosing or one of the copper lines are missing inside the connector. If this is the case, so please request a replacement at this link http://rma.transcend-info.com/us/repair/

Also, please try the recovery tool for USB flash drives at this link http://www.transcend-info.com/support/DlCenter/DLSoftware.asp?ID=4&Func1No=&Func2No= . If this software doesnt fix the problem, so please request a replacement at this link http://rma.transcend-info.com/us/repair/

Best Regards

Captain Transcend
1-800-886-5590 ext 2244
on March 4, 2012
Excelent read speed, above 50 MBytes/s, and pretty decent write speed above 15 Mbyte/s. Very good speeds for a 16GB one. Real speed, 15.6 MBytes/s for a large file copy. I would recommend these product if you are looking for a entry level USB 3.0 flash drive. It's worth to mention something important, the size does not interfere with other ports. Most USB 3.0 are too big to share the nearest port.
review image review image
on July 8, 2014
Ordered Transcend JetFlash 760 64 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive 7 Feb 2013, received it about 10 days later. Got one with serial no. TS64GJF760. Used it to back up data on my home computer with a USB 2.0 slot. Worked fine until about a month ago (early June 2014), from which time no computer would recognize it. In some tries the blue light would briefly come on and then go out again. Tried pushing it a little this way and that in the slot to attempt to get at the data whle the light was on, but invariably the blue light would only make an exceedingly brief flash on all tries to do so.

I still want to get at the data on there, but it looks like I'm s__t out of luck, since it's not even recognized upon plug-in.

Earlier 32 GB flash memories I've purchased still appear to be all right and are used for photographic file backups. At this point I won't trust Transcend to make a reliable higher capacity USB memory, i.e. 64 GB or more, or one on which data is updated weekly or more frequently.
on October 7, 2013
I have bought Transcend flash drives. Over the years, the drives have gone through numerous design changes. The 64 GB that I bought arrived in perfect, undamaged packaging. When I removed the drive, the head was bent; I assumed it was a new design. I then had surgery and was bedridden for seven weeks. Looking again at the drive, I saw that it was a retractable so the bent head was defective. I filled out the information on the Transcend Web site and received an RMA with instructions to send it in a box. I used a priority mail flat box ($8.00). A week later, I received the defective product back. I complained to Transcend and was told that the warranty did not cover physical damage, only defective parts. I had a fruitless back-and-forth with the same person. I then pointed out that I was a lawyer and they were violating various laws. I also said that I had worked with companies that used factories in the Far East and China and unless they used laser scans and comparison algorithms, a bent head could get through. The fellow said it was Amazon's fault since they should have replaced it. I reiterated that the product had arrived right before my operation and long recuperation period. I asked to speak with a supervisor or lawyer at Transcend. No response.
on July 21, 2014
I bought this item in September 2013 without a real need because the price was tempting for a USB 3.0 drive with a larger capacity. It sat on my desk for a while without much use, but the few times I did copy files to the drive the file copying progress would pause and resume sporadically. The write speeds would be OK for a little bit, then 0mb/s for a while, then resume, then stop again, etc. At the time I didn't have any problems getting files to or from the device, but I should have known this pausing and resuming was the symptom of a larger problem.
I tried using the thumb drive again yesterday for the first time in month and suddenly I can no longer copy files to or from the drive. When I start a copy operation to the drive everything seems OK at first, then suddenly the light stops blinking and the copy speed slows to 0mb/s and never resumes. I downloaded the Format tool from Transcend’s website to try and repair the problem. Same symptoms appear when using the format tool – the tool’s progress meter starts moving along like everything is fine then the light on the drive stops blinking and an error message comes up indicating it failed. If I try formatting using the standard Windows 7 disk manager I get an error that the disk could not be formatted. So, now I've got a useless thumb drive and the return period has long since passed.
I just wanted to share my experience for anyone considering this device as an option. I haven’t tried contacting Transcend support, so that will be my next step. I’ll update this review if that leads to a positive outcome.
on November 12, 2013
I bought this for my 360 to make abit more room for the Gold free games. It works wonderfully on the Xbox 360. I haven't had any issues at all, it formatted very quickly, and overall I would recommend this product for anyone looking to expand their Xbox memory (or for ordinary use as it runs fine reading and writing data). The Xbox does read all 32gb, I read some reviews citing 16gb was max, but my 360 slim read this as 32 (well technically 29gb I believe it was). I will update if anything happens, but so far its perfect!
on July 11, 2014
This is probably the WORST usb drive I have purchased. The only reason it gets 2 stars is its one of the first USB 3 drives of 32 gb to be sold at a reasonable price. Now I know why: The drive itself is extremely poorly made. Its unnecessarily long and worst part is the that USB inner part and the actual button are not properly held by the case. What I mean is you can actually shake the thing in your hand and hear the USB drive inside wiggling and rattling around. Beyond the poor construction it is probably the SLOWEST USB 3 drive I have ever owned. I would return it but for the 12 bucks we spent its not worth the headache. Do yourself a favor and get one which is built better. I am sure based on the build quality that corners are cut elsewhere and this drive is almost guaranteed to fail.