|Hard Drive||1024 GB Portable|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
2 Year Data Recovery Planfrom FA Service Plans
- If your drive stops working, the Seagate Rescue data recovery plan will recover the data from the failed drive and return it to you on a new piece of external storage
- Covers new single-disk external hard drives of any brand when purchased within 30 days (receipt must be retained for purchases not on the same transaction). Not eligible on enterprise class or multi-drive devices
- Free shipping for in-lab data recovery; 24/7 online case status tracking
- If your data isn't recovered, you get your money back
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
Transcend Military Drop Tested 1 TB USB 3.0 M3 External Hard Drive (TS1TSJ25M3)
|Price:||$54.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$2.00 (4%)|
- Military-Grade Shock Resistance - Designed to meet U.S. military drop test standards
- Advanced 3-stage shock protection system - Combines a rugged slip-resistant silicone outer shell, a reinforced hard casing, and an internal hard drive suspension damper.
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connection options - Bandwidth up to 5Gb/s in USB 3.0 mode and 480 Mb/s in USB 2.0 mode
- OneTouch Backup
- 2.5" SATA HDD
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Transcend Military Drop Tested 1 TB USB 3.0 M3 External Hard Drive (TS1TSJ25M3)
WD 1TB Black My Passport Ultra Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBGPU0010BBK-NESN B00W8XXRPM
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Jen & Joe's Tech Business||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Hard Disk Size||1024 GB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Portable||Portable||Portable||Portable|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Transcend StoreJet 25M3
Featuring blazing fast transfer rates, huge storage capacities and a unique three-layer shock protection system, the StoreJet 25M3 USB 3.0 portable hard drive is an ideal storage device for everyday backup, storage, and file transport.
- Rugged design yet lightweight and easy-to-carry
- Available in 500GB, 1TB and 2TB capacities
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connection options
- LED power / data transfer activity indicator
- Includes exclusive Transcend Elite data management software
- Available in Frustration-Free Packaging and/or regular retail package.
Incredible Ultra High Speeds
The StoreJet 25M3 portable hard drive is equipped with the next-generation SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface that provides transfer speeds at least 3X faster than USB 2.0 models. Thanks to the improved bandwidth of USB 3.0, the StoreJet 25M3 makes file sharing easier and quicker than ever with real-world transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s.
Military-Grade Shock Resistance
Compact, durable and reliable, the StoreJet 25M3 is shielded by an advanced three-stage shock protection system to withstand even the toughest user environment. The outer shell is made of a slip-resistant silicone material, reinforced by a hard casing and an internal hard drive suspension damper – all designed to reduce forces of impact and provide maximum shock-absorption.
One Touch Auto-Backup Button
The StoreJet 25M3 is equipped with an extremely convenient One Touch auto-backup button for instant data backup and synchronization when used with Transcend Elite software. Additionally, using the StoreJet 25M3 on your computer couldn’t be easier. Simply connect the drive to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port and drag and drop desired files to and from the device. The StoreJet 25M3 supports Microsoft Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux systems, and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports.
What’s in the Package?
- StoreJet 25M3 USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
- Warranty Card
- Quick Start Guide
- USB 3.0 Cable
Transcend Elite Data Management Software
For added value, the StoreJet 25M3 includes the exclusive Transcend Elite data management tools that help you manage data and increase productivity. With this convenient software, you can easily perform incremental backups, compress files with 256-bit AES Encryption, and use the hard drive as a digital lock for your computer.
Speed may vary depending on the device and usage of hardware or software.
|500GB||244,000 photos||122,000 songs||220 hours|
|1TB||488,000 photos||244,000 songs||440 hours|
|2TB||976,000 photos||488,000 songs||880 hours|
|Based on 2MB file size.||Based on 4min per song, 128Kbps quality.||Based on 1920x1080 9Mbps H.264 AVC compression.|
Top Customer Reviews
This drive itself has only a single usb 3.0 connection. The cable that comes with the drive is a Y cable with two connectors for the usb connections on the computer, but only one connection on the drive itself. As I said, the Y cable has two computer connections, but the wires are not the same. The thicker one is for data and the thinner one for power. So, to check the drive, I connected the usb connection on the drive and then first connected the data cable to the computer. To my surprise the drive spun up and my laptop identified it as a Transcend usb drive even though I had not, at this point, connected the power cable. Since I was surprised I did some checking and found out that the drive worked properly without the power connection to the computer being plugged in at all. I then checked the drive with the Y cable with both connections and the drive worked properly. I then tried the drive with a spare usb 3.0 cable I had for some other usb drives and the drive also worked properly.Read more ›
If you're a Mac user setting this hard drive up with your computer is super easy follow these steps.
1. Plug in the hard drive
2. Open up disk utility found in your applications folder inside the utilities folder
3. Next select the newly plugged in a hard drive and on the right-hand side you should see partition click on that.
4. Then inside that screen on the partition layout drop-down choose how many partitions you'd like to set up. I generally go with one partition and just use folders to organize my files.
5. Then on the right-hand side you can name the partitions and select the format. If you want your hard drive to work with your Mac for doing Time Machine backups (which I highly recommend) choose Mac OS Extended. Sometimes it's good to make two partitions and one using "MS-DOS fat" if you might be transferring files to and from a Windows machine (I do this with my friends as many of them run Windows so I have a little partition for giving them video files and the like). The reason is Windows machines and Macs can read and write to the "MS-DOS fat" format but your files will need to be under 4 GB each as that's the maximum file size it can hold.
6. Then click apply and your Mac will create all the partitions you wanted and you're good to go.
Thanks for reading it is helpful please click the button thanks.
I have owned and used a number of portable USB 2.5in external hard drives over the years. This one looks like the best of the bunch, out of the box. It is by far the most solidly constructed, whisper quiet, and hardly gets luke-warm to the touch.
I had some concerns about USB 3.0 because it requires a separate power cable to give the drive enough juice to take advantage of the speed. I don't yet have a computer with USB 3.0, so I did not want to have to use the power cable for USB 2.0 transfers. Sure enough, the drive worked just fine on my old Dell E1505 laptop with just the data cable attached. The surprise came with my ASUS netbook. I often have to use a power cable to keep an external HDD connected. The Transcend works first time, every time, even when the netbook is on battery. In my experience, this is outstanding!
My only issue thus far: I can't change the drive name from "Local Disk" to something more distinctive. I have not explored the "Elite" support software, so maybe the answer lies somewhere in there. If not, it will be part of my next contact with Transcend tech support. (UPDATE: No joy so far; I emailed Tech Support about this)
Before purchasing, I called Transcend's branch in Maryland, and got through to a human being on the second try. Tech support assured me that if I was willing to violate the 3-year warranty, I could insert a 2.5in 1Tb or even a 1.5Tb drive in the enclosure, and it should recognise the drive.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Still works very well. It has been dropped a few times by my youngest and it has withstood the drop test. Lol great design and functionality.Published 23 minutes ago by Drew Dubb
nothing like a tb of network storage. pretty tough looking case but ill still refrain from dropping itPublished 1 hour ago by santacruzclimber
I am new to the video production world and needed to store my creations in a portable but reliable hard drive. The device also had to work with Windows and iOS. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Sheazo
Thing is a beast. I love it. However, the cord that goes into the hard drive is not the typical style so just be aware you won't be able to use any of your old hard drive cables... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Ali vee
For something that was supposedly "drop tested" this is a MAJOR piece of CRAP! It's gotten virtually no use. Only 30 gb stored and it goes faulty. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Marc W
WORKS GREAT. HAS MUCH MORE STORAGE THAN I HAD EXPECTED. GUESS I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH IT WAS UNTIL AFTER I STARTED PUTTING STUFF ON IT.Published 2 days ago by linda brum
I've bought 2 now. I use them to give large video collections to people, since these are considerably more durable and compact than DVDs. Read morePublished 2 days ago by TT WPB FL