More About the Author
President of EWMD International, e.V.
MSc in Marketing and PhD candidate in Management
Research interests: leadership, business ethics and corporate sustainability
A humanist, an activist, a public speaker and an author.
Teresa Correia de Lacerda, born on 3 January 1966 in Lisbon; she is married and mother of triplets (three girls, presently with 12 years old). She received her BSc in Economics from ISEG (School of Economics and Management of the Technical University of Lisbon) in 1989, and MSc in Marketing from the same university in 2010, with the dissertation theme "Transformational Leadership Effectiveness in Implementing Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies". Presently, she is a PhD candidate for a doctoral program in management for the period 2009-2012, with the following research areas: leadership, business ethics and corporate sustainability. She is an effective member of the Portuguese Association of Economists. Also, post-graduated in banking management and tourism administration.
In June 2009, she was elected President of the European Women's Management Development International Network (EWMD International e.V.), a non-governmental organization with headquarters in Germany, which has been promoting the economic empowerment of women for the last 25 years. In 2008, she was the coordinator of the 24th EWMD International Conference, held for the first time in Lisbon entitled: Innovation in Europe - The European Economic Perspective as seen by Women and has launched the EWMD Portuguese Chapter in December, 2008.
Previously, she has worked for eleven years in the banking business, namely in the investment banking area, at Deutsche Bank, S.A., the Portuguese subsidiary of Deutsche Bank, Germany. Also, has been an experienced entrepreneur as founder of several companies in the energy services, hospitality and education business, during the last eleven years.
* Keynote speaker in several seminars organized by EWMD Portugal during 2009.
* Guest moderator and speaker for the 53rd EOQ (European Organization for Quality) Annual Congress, 13 May 2009, in Dubrovnik (Croatia) with the theme "New society for the brave of heart and mind - social responsibility: trends, changes, best practice."
* Guest speaker for the 25th EWMD International Conference, 21 June 2009, in Brussels (Belgium) with the theme "Pursuit of Happiness."
* Guest speaker for EWMD National Conference, 2 October 2009, in Maribor (Slovenia), with the theme "Female Leadership in Europe - a driver for change."
* Guest speaker for EWMD Greece Workshop, 24 April 2010, in Athens (Greece), with the theme "The success of the Portuguese EWMD Chapter. How has it benefited the Portuguese members?"
* Guest speaker for EWMD Lithuania Conference, 28 May 2010, in Vilnius (Lithuania), with the theme "Female Leadership in Europe - a driver for change and sustainability."
* Speaker for TIAW (The International Alliance for Women) Global Forum, 25-26 October 2010, in Toronto (Canada), with the theme "Effective Leadership for Corporate Sustainability".
* Speaker for ILA (International Leadership Association) Global Conference, 27-30 October 2010, in Boston (USA), with the theme "The new age of corporate social and ethical consciousness: Toward a new leadership mindset".
Author of Transformational Leadership - Toward a Strategy of Corporate Social Responsibility, June 19, 2010, Lambert Academic Publishing AG, Germany.
In 2009, she received the TIAW World of Difference 100 Award, which recognizes up to 100 women each year whose efforts have advanced the economic empowerment of women locally, regionally or worldwide.
She's a passionate for life, for people, for ideas, for new projects... and for social entrepreneurs...which are one of the driving forces for social, environmental and economic change!
More information in the following links:
Teresa Correia de Lacerda