Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

on January 26, 2014
I purchased this case for my Asus T100 Transformer. I originally purchased an Asus Verasleeve X case and that case fell short of my expectations and ordered this one instead. Although, it took me almost a month to receive, this case did not disappoint. The only drawback was that within that month wait, I dropped my T100 while it was in the Asus case and I obtained some damage. I feel if I had the T100 in this case at the time, then this case would have protected my more expensive investment like a case is supposed to do.

It's hard to say, this is the "perfect" case for the T100 without adding the words "for me". However, when shopping for a case, here was the list of objectives for the case I was looking for and how I felt this case met each.

Case Purchasing Objectives/Ratings:
[B]- Able to hold the T100 with or without the docking keyboard attached.(5 Stars)[/B]
The case can be configured with or without the T100 attached. Detaching the dock is as easy as pushing the T100 dock release button and undoing the 2 snaps. As many have noticed when using the T100 without a case and the dock attached, it feels a tad top heavy where the T100 can easily tip backwards. While in this case the case can be folded into position that actually makes the T100 much more stable.

[B]- Good quality black leather styling for business use. (3.5 Stars) [/B]
I would not be ashamed to bring this case into a business meeting. It look/feels much like a Franklin Covey planner. The leather does not feel cheap. It is however a tad shinier than I would prefer which can give it somewhat of a cheap look in bright lighting. Maybe after some more wear and use, it will have less shine.

[B]- The T100 can be used while in the case, in either tablet only or keyboard attached configurations. (4 Stars)[/B]
The only drawback I see here is in tablet only configuration, there is nothing that holds the case closed. If it had a sewn in elastic band, like many other tablet cases have to hold the case closed, then it would be perfect. However, with the dock included configuration, it seems perfect for my needs where the case is held closed by magnets which are sewn in and unseen.

[B]- In tablet only operation, the case can hold the T100 in video viewing or typing operation view angles. (3 Stars)[/B]
In video viewing configuration, it stands at a good viewing angle position. However, it is not as sturdy as I would prefer. It is possible for the back flap to slide on the desk/table on which it is standing and could allow the tablet to fall backwards, but even if it does fall backwards the tablet seems well protected by padding within the cases inside lining.

In typing configuration, the case does prop the back of the tablet up enough so that it is not laying flat, being able to prop it up a tad more would make it ideal for typing configuration.

[B]- The case does not cover up any of the T100 Ports, camera, or buttons.(5 Stars)[/B]
Everything is easily accessible with the case on, having speaker grills in the case that line up with the T100's back speakers is an added bonus that I was not expecting.

[B]- Case will protect T100 from damage and scratches. (4 Stars)[/B]
The tablet and keyboard dock are held securely inside the case (unlike the Asus Verasleeve X I previously purchase). There's about an 1/8 inch edge protecting the T100 when the case is closed. The only thing that would worry me in an advent of a fall, is when using it in the tablet only configuration, since their is currently nothing holding the top cover closed, where the top cover could slide to the side and leave the T100 exposed at the port and button opening that are not covered.

[B]- Price less than $40 (5 Stars)[/B]
Yes, it met that price criteria with flying colors, thank you Amazon.

[B]Summary/conclusion: (Overall Rating= 4 Stars)[/B]
I have no regrets of purchasing this case, and I would highly recommend it. In my opinion this would be a "perfect" case for the T100 if it came in different color options (ie flat black would be my preference) and if the case came with some way to hold itself closed when in tablet only configuration and some pockets for peripherals/cables would be nice also. Those inclusions however, fall into the "knit pick" categories for me.

[B]Pros:[/B]
+ It transforms with the T100, for tablet only or netbook use configurations.
+ All buttons and ports of T100 are easily accessible. This case appears to be made specifically for the T100.
+ There are speaker grills, so the case does not block/muffle the sound from the T100.
+ In tablet only configuration, the case can be stood in video viewing or typing standing modes.
+ Most every edge of the T100 is covered when the case is fully closed. There is a thin layer of padding underneath the PU leather covering, and the T100 is held firmly in place while in the case, so the T100 should be pretty well protected while in the case and be able to protect the T100 well if dropped by accident.
+ The keyboard section of the case can be removed, thus reducing the weight and thickness, and giving the overall appearance a thin/sleek look when the keyboard is not docked.
+ The case additionally has a holder for business cards/ID cards as well as a folder pocket to be able to hold some paper notes or possibly even some peripherals.
+ There is a Stylus Pen holder
+ The frame holding the Tablet of the T100 in place does not interfere with the display.
+ The overall look and feel seems pretty professional. Kind of like a Franklin Covey planner when the keyboard is attached.

[B]Cons:[/B]
- The leather outside is a tad shinier than I would prefer, which can give it somewhat of a cheap look/feel to it. I would prefer it was flat black instead but it's not bad where it screams cheap shinny vinyl plastic look/feel at you.
- When in Tablet only configuration, there is nothing that holds the folder closed. This is probably the biggest drawback I've seen from this case. However, I do see some pretty easy solutions to this problem. I'm going to purchase a black elastic band to wrap around it, where the elastic band could easily be stuffed in the folder pocket after I opened the case, or a couple velcro pieces could be secured in the 2 corners and would easily hold the case closed. When the dock is attached, there is a magnet in the dock side of the case and the case is held closed by the magnets.
- Some small pockets for holding SD/micro SD cards would have been nice to have.
on January 2, 2014
When you buy this, make sure you put it on properly. There are about a half-dozen ways that it will fit on your Asus that aren't actually the proper way. I used it for a couple days and was frustrated and finally looked up the pictures online. Turns out, if you use it properly, it's actually a great product. It fits very well and protects the tablet great when thrown in a purse, tote, or suitcase. You can disconnect just the screen part of the cover when you want to use it as a tablet, and that is the part of the cover with the flap, so it is still protected. The leather case is a classic look. After using this, I bought one for my brother-in-law who has the same tablet, and he loves it as well. The case has held up well with daily use and some travel. I would definitely recommend this product.
on December 30, 2013
This is an amazing product for the price! The Asus Transformer T100 is new the market, and I waited a long time to find the right tablet. Windows 8.1 Pro, can't beat it for less than $400. But then this amazing Leather case comes along and pulls it all together. easy to use with the case, and to separate the tablet from the keyboard. Even includes a third area for business cards and a few notes. Great job.
on March 27, 2014
I had read multiple reviews on different covers and was a little apprehensive when I purchased this. However I found that I really liked the look, feel and construction of this cover. Happy with the way the keyboard detaches and I can just use the tablet portion of the device. Like that the front cover has a portfolio spot to contain papers so if needed I can use to place hardcopy material. Very happy with the product. The fit is good. Definitely recommend this cover for anyone looking.
on January 2, 2014
I had some difficulty figuring out how to use this case. I kept trying to make it work by putting my tablet in upside down--which was intuitively the way to do it (for me at least). There were no instructions or even pictures of how to use it. I even requested a return because it just didn't seem to fit my T100. After looking at the pictures on the Amazon product page I figured it out--duh!

Pros: It is well constructed, looks good, and feels like a quality folio case. It does fit the T100 well and offers great protection. Can be used with the tablet alone or with the keyboard connected. All ports accessible when the tablet is properly installed. I like the built in pen holder for my capacitive touch pen. The price seems fair.
Cons: It is very bulky-- 1 11/16" closed with the keyboard attached, 1" without the keyboard (my measurements) compared to .9" bare notebook. Complicated, unintuitive to use. It is bulky and seems to make the notebook much heavier though I've not weighed it. Shipping was slow.

Other thoughts: It feels like more than a handful with everything put together--more than I want to carry. This case seems to be overly complicated and always feels like it's upside down when opening it with the keyboard attached. Designed by an engineer rather than a user is my guess. I supposed I can get used to it but will keep my eyes peeled for something better.
on January 4, 2014
Nice product quality. Attractive, fits snugly and all the access points are readily available.
Purchased this item for my new ASUS Transformer Notebook that I got for Christmas.
Recommended 5 star.
on June 15, 2014
This cover fits very well and has a quality look and feel. I can use the computer with or without the keyboard and both remain protected. Spend a few minutes comparing the pictures on this page with your cover and install it exactly as depicted and it will work the first time. The charger works with the case completely closed or open.
on August 28, 2014
Fits my ASUS Transformer Book T100TA-H2-GR (with 500 gig hardrive in keyboard) Perfect. Tablet separates from keyboard easily without having to take either the tablet cover or the keyboard cover off ever. Great Quality Construction. Perfect for throwing in a backpack of books for easy transportation and protection. Looks like it would help protect if you dropped your Transformer although I haven't tested it. Buy it - you wont be disappointed.
on March 11, 2014
ordered for the Asus Transformerbook II and it fit perfectly, I recommend it to anyone that is thinking of buying
on December 7, 2014
This case perfectly meets all my requirements. I can detach the tablet portion of the T100 with the press of a button and undoing two snaps on the case.
Pros:
Durable- Used daily for over 6 months in both tablet and laptop modes with no signs of wear
Magnetic closure when in tablet mode
Usable in both laptop and tablet modes- Works as a stand
Very, very easy to switch between modes
Cutouts for all slots (including microSD and speakers)
Fits securely (in both modes)
Not at all difficult to remove device from case
Sturdy design: I would guess that almost no damage would occur if the device, when closed, was dropped flat
Fair price
Cons:
A little bulky (approximately 2.5 inches thick when case is completely closed)
Would not provide as much protection from dropping device on its edge
The snaps on the back of the tablet portion are not perfectly even. They work just fine (no noticeable stretch in the case or anything), but they do not line up perfectly.