|Screen Size||10.1 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 800|
|Max Screen Resolution||1280 x 800 pixels|
|Processor||1.3 GHz Tegra 3.0|
|RAM||1 GB DDR2|
|Hard Drive||32 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||12 hours|
ASUS Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR Eee Pad 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray)
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb OS (4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgradable) with ASUS Waveshare UI
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 Quad-core CPU
- 10.1" LED Backlight WXGA (1280x800) ScreenSuper IPS+10 finger multi-touch supportCorning® Gorilla® Glass
- 32GB EMMC + 8G life time ASUS Webstorage space
- Eee Pad Transformer Docking Keyboard Not IncludedWLAN 802.11 firstname.lastname@example.orgGHzBluetooth V2.1+EDR1.2 MP Front Camera8 MP Rear CameraAuto focus (rear) with flashLarge F2.4 aperture. (rear camera)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
With that said, this is one of the best tech gadget I've ever owned. The unanimous rave industry reviews (and very positive end user reviewers, even taking wifi issues etc. into account) aren't wrong.
* BUILD AND FORM FACTOR: evocative of but actually feels higher quality than the Ipad 2 and Macbook Air, which is a minor miracle at this price point. Beautifully machined aluminum, minimalist but not cold. The resolution of the screen is the best out of any current tablet, and can be crazily bright enough that it is useable outdoors in sunlight. It's definitely a fingerprint magnet though.
* COLOR - for those deciding between the gray or champagne, I received the champagne, and I actually called to confirm that I received the right one. It's much more silver than gold, it's basically silver aluminum with some gold highlights when the light catches it the right way. This is *exactly* what I wanted - it's reminiscent of the classic aluminum MacBook Pros, but with a touch of warmth from the gold. In short - it's not very gold at all.
* PROCESSOR - the Tegra 3 quad core processor is noticeably snappy, making the whole experience (even with Honeycomb) feel next gen. I've been getting great battery life, ~ 10-12 hours of normal mixed used, on balanced setting.Read more ›
First, I'd like to take a brief moment to discuss the launch of this tablet. Asus announced it to much hype and the initial reviews only compounded that hype. I preordered it on specs alone back in November. The initial reviews were all glowing with very few negatives. Then the initial units went out and there appeared to be widespread disappointment. I am happy to say that my experience closely mirrors that of the initial professional reviewers.
This is by far the best looking tablet I've seen. I was worried about it being too purple, but I think the color is perfect. I love the aluminum body and how thin it is. It is very thin and light which makes it easy to hold an use for a long time. I really love the way it looks and feels. It's a fingerprint magnet, but I guess you'll have that when you're touching all over it constantly. Asus provides a microfiber cloth with the device that works very well at keeping it clean.
The battery life has exceeded my expectations. I can get 8-9 hours of constant use, browsing web pages, playing games, watching videos, all with wifi on and screen and normal brightness. When not in use, the battery hardly drains at all. There is no reason to power down even if you aren't going to use it for a couple days, you might lose like 5-8% battery during that whole time. (1/17/12) The dock does a great job extending the battery life. I can easily get 14-15 hours of use when they are together.
The Asus Transformer Prime uses the Tegra 3 processor.Read more ›
Figured I'd stop by since this is the hot toy for the Christmas season !
I purchased the 32GB champagne color. I havent put T201 thru its paces yet but
did perform some testing.
Fit and finish is 100%, Very solid feel.
Very thin, kinda difficult to hold in hand, I'd recommend purchasing a gel case
or something similar.
Played the pre-install games and they both ran with 0 stutters and were
extremely fluid. did i purchase a a multipurpose tablet or a gaming tablet... i think the latter :)
Tablet was completely fluid when changing from one screen to the next, i especially like the multi window
tab on the bottom left, it will allow you to select anything previously opened (and will allow you to close too)
Built in music player seemed basic and didnt appear to have the ability to download album art. I'll stick with
amazon cloud mp3 player.
(subjet to further testing) web browsing seemed to be alittle slow, this was experienced with java enabled... with disabled performance was snappy and good
YouTube & amazon streaming =
using the youtube app , it was a beautiful display and worked flawlessly. Amazon needs to make an app to stream their prime videos instead of going thru the web... however once a few buttons are pressed the video does fill the entire screen and works. Please note imbedded youtube in web DID NOT display any stutter or frame drops.
Unfortunately this is what caused me to give 4 instead of 5 stars. The audio is quite loud and clear
however only being emitted from a single speaker port does not provide the spartial/stereo sound.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was perfect for more than one year, and then stopped working. I put it aside for a while and forgot it. After some time my son found it and put it to work. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Alferher
Four years later, I still have my Transformer Prime. Many tablets have come out since then that are way better, but it was certainly good then. It does have it's problems. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Jim G
Processing speed is very slow. No setting change seems to speed things up. Transitions between apps and screens takes 1-2 seconds, minimum. Numerous app crashes, too. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I really liked it & had it for about 9 months then it just stopped turning on I didn't drop it or anything. Read morePublished 1 month ago by briena
Wifi issues make the internet run extremely slow (see all the 1 star reviews with the same complaints).its useless to browse the web.i only use it to play games now.Published 3 months ago by Gustavo
I bought this when it first came out. It was awesome, worked perfectly, no errors at all. Unfortunately I left it next to something and someone ended up stepping on it. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer